Champion commendations are useless. Give us Battlemaster commendations instead.

gitrooman

I dont know about you guys, but by the time I reached Battlemaster rank 2 weeks ago, I had 3 sets of champion gear. Since then, I've only accumulated 5 Battlemaster tokens out of 32 bags. So this 25% chance of getting a battlemaster token from a battlemaster bag is rubbish or broken.

Heres my point. Forget giving us champion comendations in battlemaster bags, we dont need them. By the time we reach battlemaster rank we have our set already. Give us battlemaster commendations/tokens. It'll take me 3 months to get full battlemaster gear at this pace and that is unacceptable.

I dont know about you guys, but by the time I reached Battlemaster rank 2 weeks ago, I had 3 sets of champion gear. Since then, I've only accumulated 5 Battlemaster tokens out of 32 bags. So this 25% chance of getting a battlemaster token from a battlemaster bag is rubbish or broken.

Heres my point. Forget giving us champion comendations in battlemaster bags, we dont need them. By the time we reach battlemaster rank we have our set already. Give us battlemaster commendations/tokens. It'll take me 3 months to get full battlemaster gear at this pace and that is unacceptable.

you do get battlemaster commendations now.

I've gotten 7 comms out of 19 bags... Guess you're just unlucky.. But depending on your class/spec, some of the champion pieces are actually better than battlemaster pieces. I know my Champ earpiece & belt as a Rage Juggernaut are better than the BM ones. And my boots, legs, and chest I'll probably have to buy a BM helm along with them and put the helm mods in place of the mods in each piece. Either that or figure out how to get the Power/Surge mods without having to pay 300k a pop.

BM hasn't changed. They'll get BM comm's at a 25% drop rate just like before.

OP has had bad luck.

BW is basically assuring a quicker gearing for new 50's and essentially guarantees full champ over a relatively short period of time. BM, on the other hand, is where the RNG comes in but at least it's comm's and not random gear that could be a duplicate.

I think someone doesn't understand how the system they've put in place is supposed to work.

Battlemaster gear, as their system works right now, is not supposed to just flow to you like water from a tap. On top of that the Battlemaster pieces don't cost 40-70 or so commendations, which is why you don't get the same amount as you do for Centurion or Champion.

I dont know about you guys, but by the time I reached Battlemaster rank 2 weeks ago, I had 3 sets of champion gear.

This sums up your whole problem... You assume everyone was as lucky as you.

As I posted earlier.. I know 5 BM with a combined total of 13 centurion pieces and no "extra sets". This includes myself and no, none of these people valor farmed. We all did it the hard(and right) way.

We DO need champ comms while we wait for BM comms.

Edited by Azzlum

You sure about this?

According to the patch notes ...

"Battlemaster bags now always contain 15 Champion Commendations."

There is no mention of battlemaster commendations or even item tokens percentages.

Where as the patch notes for champion bags go much more in detail ...

"Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced."

You sure about this?

There is no mention of battlemaster commendations or even item tokens percentages.

"Champion bags now always contain 15 Centurion Commendations and 7 Champion Commendations, and the chance to obtain a direct trade item token has been reduced."

Yeah there was a dev post saying BM comm drop rates remain unchanged, at 25%. The patch notes should say the bags have 15 champ comms IN ADDITION to the 25% chance for a BM comm.

You sure about this?

There was a post last week that went into more detail about drop rates, etc. Before this patch, it was 25% for champ and BM bags. Now champ bags give 15 cent comms and 7 champ comms and BM bags give 15 champ comm's and a 25% chance at a BM comm/token.

I'll try to find the dev post.

I agree with the OP. By the time you hit valor level 60, champion commendations are all but worthless. And under the new system, there really is no reason a person shouldn't have a full set of champion gear before they hit 60 if they do their daily / weekly quests. I would much rather get just battlemaster commendations even if it is just some miniscile amount.

Give me something I can use and not something that is absolutely pointless like lower level commendations. Because once I hit 60 I am not interested in getting gear I have already outleveled. I only want gear I can use effectively.

Opening battlemaster bags and getting champion commendations is like being on Ilum and getting commendations for Belsavis.

Edited by ForceWelder

25% is rubbish. There is no way it is actually 25%. Seems to me it is completely random chance, where some people get 1bm token for every two bags, and others get 1 bm token for every 20. That is broken and unacceptable. Everyone should have the same chances of getting the tokens.

Head: 2

Body: 2

Belt: 1

Pants: 2

Boots: 2

Ear: 0

Implant: 0 (*2)

Bracer: 1

Relic: 1

Relic: 1

Mainhand: 3

Offhand: 3

18 total BM commendations to get a full set of BM gear. at a pace of 5 per 14 days

(14 * 18) / 5 = 50

So even with your terrible luck you will have a full suit of BM within a month and a half. When you consider the fact that you're already 5 commendations into your goal of 18 it seems you're not all that bad off.

Edited by Hethroin

I agree with the OP. By the time you hit valor level 60, champion commendations are all but worthless. And under the new system, there really is no reason a person shouldn't have a full set of champion gear before they hit 60 if they do their daily / weekly quests. I would much rather get just battlemaster commendations even if it is just some miniscile amount.

Give me something I can use and not something that is absolutely pointless like lower level commendations. Because once I hit 60 I am not interested in getting gear I have already outleveled. I only want gear I can use effectively.

Opening battlemaster bags and getting champion commendations is like being on Ilum and getting commendations for Belsavis.

Yep, I agree. I think they should add in additional end-game things you can buy with champion commendations. Like Biometric Crystal Alloys, or just straight up rakata stims/adrenals/medpacks so that I don't have to go farm my way through PvE content to remain pvp competitive.

It'll take me 3 months to get full battlemaster gear at this pace and that is unacceptable.

3 months unacceptable? why not they give you all the top gears at your 1st login ? why not everyone start at lv 50 ?

wow players got spoon fed toooo much...

oh developers, give me this !!! give me that!!!!

Edited by Announcement

25% is rubbish. There is no way it is actually 25%. Seems to me it is completely random chance, where some people get 1bm token for every two bags, and others get 1 bm token for every 20. That is broken and unacceptable. Everyone should have the same chances of getting the tokens.

Now you can't really believe that. That's not how programming works or how any game developer would make a game. By the law of statistics, some will get more than average and others will get less. In some rare instances, much less and that is very frustrating and most likely will make them come QQ about it on the forums.

I know some people who are over 50% on their bags and others who complain about being 0 for 20. Who do you think is more vocal? The forums are filled with those frustrated because of statistics and thus it makes it seem like a much bigger issue and skews the perception incorrectly.

The system for BM gear is fine now- I don't want to have to gather 70+ comms for a belt or bracer that is missing...I'd rather take my 25% chance to get the needed 1 token.

Just because someone Ilum farmed doesn't mean they have spent an adequate completing dailies like the rest of us- people seem to want to be full BM when they hit 60 now...come on.

Yep, I agree. I think they should add in additional end-game things you can buy with champion commendations. Like Biometric Crystal Alloys, or just straight up rakata stims/adrenals/medpacks so that I don't have to go farm my way through PvE content to remain pvp competitive.

Please.

If I want Champion commendations I already have a way to get them. It is call opening a "Champion Bag". You do have the choice of chosing which bag to select when you turn in a daily or weekly.

As it stands now, the only difference between a Champion bag and a Battlemaster bag is that one gives more champion commendations than the other and has a very slight chance of dropping commendations for battlemaster gear.

By level 60 you don't need champion tokens you need battlemaster tokens. But if you don't want to increase the likelihood of battlemaster commendations dropping how about we get rid of the champion stuff in battlemaster bags all together and simply give the player credits instead?

If I can spend 2 mins doing a daily on Ilum and get 10k credits, why not give 20k credits for popping a battlemaster bag if no commendations are given?

Everyone does have the same chance. 25%. Some will get tokens at a much higher rate and some at a much lower rate. That is how chance works....

This sums up your whole problem... You assume everyone was as lucky as you.

As I posted earlier.. I know 5 BM with a combined total of 13 centurion pieces and no "extra sets". This includes myself and no, none of these people valor farmed. We all did it the hard(and right) way.

We DO need champ comms while we wait for BM comms.

Anyone who got Battlemaster by actually running WZs instead of Zerging Ilum probably has full Champion gear by the time they get the champion (and they definitely will now, as you won't get 6 relics while waiting for your last piece.) If you got rapid valor on Ilum without getting the bags to go with it then... well... I have no problem with you lacking gear. Your Battlemaster title doesn't really mean anything if you got it that way. Sure, somebody may have got all their Valour as intended (WZs, Ilum only upto daily amounts) and be lacking in gear but they'd have to be very, very unlucky.

Anyone who got Battlemaster by actually running WZs instead of Zerging Ilum probably has full Champion gear by the time they get the champion (and they definitely will now, as you won't get 6 relics while waiting for your last piece.) If you got rapid valor on Ilum without getting the bags to go with it then... well... I have no problem with you lacking gear. Your Battlemaster title doesn't really mean anything if you got it that way. Sure, somebody may have got all their Valour as intended (WZs, Ilum only upto daily amounts) and be lacking in gear but they'd have to be very, very unlucky.

I have 2 and a half sets of Champion gear from doing WZs. Broonmark has 4 pieces of Champ PvP gear. I want to gear up one of my DPS companions in Champ gear and see how hard they hit players.

I ground out the last 2 levels to BM on Ilum as I got tired of WZs.

3 months unacceptable? why not they give you all the top gears at your 1st login ? why not everyone start at lv 50 ?

wow players got spoon fed toooo much...

oh developers, give me this !!! give me that!!!!

Well, thats what happens if you let out WoW crowd out of their panda cage.

• 3 weeks later...
You do realize this game is actually very noob friendly because all you have to do is do daily's and u can get your gear w/o actually being good at the game and pretty quick. Wow pvp, if you were bad you got 1 piece of gear in 3 weeks earliest, good 2, and very good 1 week. But yah, i think they should allow you to buy potions with champion commendations or something. I hit 50 3 weeks ago and haven't used a companion since so no reason to gear them up.