This doesn't add up, Baras and Valkorion(Spoiler)

Slowpokeking

If Vitiate/Valkorion had already lost the interest to rule the Empire and was ok to give it up. Why did he let his servants stop Baras' conspiracy to usurp the power and appointed a new Wrath?

He didn't lose interest back then: stopping Baras started with the Belsavis storyline, which means the SW was trying to stop Baras at the same time as the JK was thwarting the Emperor's plans to start the galaxy-wide ritual. Until the JK stopped the Emperor on Belsavis, Voss and Corellia, also delivered him a mortal wound through the Voice, the Emperor would still need the Empire to perform his all-galaxy-consuming ritual (if any of his plans would worked and the JK wasn't that good), therefore it was in his interest to stop Baras.

He didn't lose interest back then: stopping Baras started with the Belsavis storyline, which means the SW was trying to stop Baras at the same time as the JK was thwarting the Emperor's plans to start the galaxy-wide ritual. Until the JK stopped the Emperor on Belsavis, Voss and Corellia, also delivered him a mortal wound through the Voice, the Emperor would still need the Empire to perform his all-galaxy-consuming ritual (if any of his plans would worked and the JK wasn't that good), therefore it was in his interest to stop Baras.

But hadn't he already started to build his new empire years ago?

From my understanding, yes, by this time Vitiate had installed Valkorion as the Immortal Emperor of Zakuul. However, his previous Wrath had just betrayed him, and he wasn't quite done with the Sith Empire yet, so he needed a new enforcer. So he instructed his hand to recruit Baras' apprentice, who had just proven themselves through executing Plan Zero, and end up trapped when Baras led his Voice to Sel-Makor on Voss.

If Vitiate/Valkorion had already lost the interest to rule the Empire and was ok to give it up. Why did he let his servants stop Baras' conspiracy to usurp the power and appointed a new Wrath?

Because Baras ****ed up by trying to attack Vitiate/Valkorion himself. Had he just tried to upsurp the Empire without the whole trapping the Emperors voice on Voss thing Vitiate would probably not have cared (like he didn't care about Jadus). But Baras did foolishly think it was a good idea to directly oppose Vitiate/Valkorin himself and therefore infuriate the Emperor enough to send someone to kill the fat wannabe-Emperor.

Because Baras ****ed up by trying to attack Vitiate/Valkorion himself. Had he just tried to upsurp the Empire without the whole trapping the Emperors voice on Voss thing Vitiate would probably not have cared (like he didn't care about Jadus). But Baras did foolishly think it was a good idea to directly oppose Vitiate/Valkorin himself and therefore infuriate the Emperor enough to send someone to kill the fat wannabe-Emperor.

I wonder how much trapping the Voice limited Vitiate's power. I think it was serious enough of a drawback.

Also what about Jadus? He didn't oppose the Emperor?

I wonder how much trapping the Voice limited Vitiate's power. I think it was serious enough of a drawback.

Also what about Jadus? He didn't oppose the Emperor?

Exactly. Jadus tried to take over the Empire as well by becoming more influential than all his fellow dark councilors. However he never made the mistake of opposing the Emperor directly. Baras' plan on the other hand relied on him trapping (what he believed to be) the essence of the Emperor on Voss therefore making it a direct attack on Vitiate himself, for which he was quickly marked for death.

Edited by fovzwk

Exactly. Jadus tried to take over the Empire as well by becoming more influential than all his fellow dark councilors. However he never made the mistake of opposing the Emperor directly. Baras' plan on the other hand relied on him trapping (what he believed to be) the essence of the Emperor on Voss therefore making it a direct attack on Vitiate himself, for which he was quickly marked for death.

I think if Baras hadn't off been a more antaganising target of the Emperor, Vitiate would of gone after Jadus when he sent the agent to brake into the Imperial Guard's base on hoth.

The Emperor was developing both of his Empires as part of his bid for immortality / godhood, it's just a matter of which was "Plan A" and which was "Plan B". He definitely hadn't 'given up' on the Sith Empire at the time of Baras's power-play, even if he was already more interested in Zakuul.

Besides, Baras's machinations ended up trapping the Emperor in that Voss body for a bit, I'm sure that alone warranted making sure Baras was stopped even if just out of spite.

Edited by DarthDymond

• 2 weeks later...

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Baras had not

turned on his apprentice and they'd worked together against the emperor

Would have been more interesting I think. There was plenty of evidence in the past that the emperor was up to no good.

I wonder if things would have turned out differently if Baras had not

turned on his apprentice and they'd worked together against the emperor

Would have been more interesting I think. There was plenty of evidence in the past that the emperor was up to no good.

Actually, if the Wrath just joined Baras in opposing the Empeor, do you think that good old Empy would of gone to the Inquisitor for the Wrath position?

Actually, if the Wrath just joined Baras in opposing the Empeor, do you think that good old Empy would of gone to the Inquisitor for the Wrath position?

Probably Vitiate was at least interested in the inq, (s)he was the only one who learned Force Walk since its discoverer Ergast... (No, Vitiate cant Force Walk)

Things would have turned out very differently for the SW.

I admire Baras except for his stupidity with his Apprentice. He's the only Sith who managed to hurt the emperor. I would have had no problems with a SW been elected to the dark council and Baras been proclaimed emperor.

I'm not sure he would. The Inquisitor at that point in the story is building a power base and has established a reputation in the Empire (deserved or not) for being ambitious (he/she is thought to have killed Zash and made one or two attempts to kill Thanaton, which to the Sith suggests someone who's determined to get ahead). Those are bad qualities for the Emperor's Wrath, whose job is just to execute the Emperor's enemies and not ask questions. What's needed for the job of Wrath is a loyal, efficient killer - that's what made the Warrior a good choice.

Edited by Joachimthbear

It sure was written like a MAJOR handicap in the class story. How Vitiate could be both on Voss and on Zakuul at the same time is possibly a major plot-hole. The other possibility is that much more time has passed between the class stories and kotfe than we think. I cant think of anything else. Im inclined to just call it bad writing (even more so after the SoR disaster)

Edited by Karkais

I'm not sure he would. The Inquisitor at that point in the story is building a power base and has established a reputation in the Empire (deserved or not) for being ambitious (he/she is thought to have killed Zash and made one or two attempts to kill Thanaton, which to the Sith suggests someone who's determined to get ahead). Those are bad qualities for the Emperor's Wrath, whose job is just to execute the Emperor's enemies and not ask questions. What's needed for the job of Wrath is a loyal, efficient killer - that's what made the Warrior a good choice.

Not really, since you can play your Wrath as an unloyal backstabber, I don't think that was the reason. I think the Warrior was simply among to most powerful currently defying Baras, so he was picked for the job. I guess that would cross the Inquisitor off the list as he/she really had nothing against Baras at the time and was dealing with another council member.

Things would have turned out very differently for the SW.

I admire Baras except for his stupidity with his Apprentice. He's the only Sith who managed to hurt the emperor. I would have had no problems with a SW been elected to the dark council and Baras been proclaimed emperor.

Baras betrayed you before you pulled off that feat, plus I think it's that situation where Bars was most likly in the thought process of ''They're powerful...Too powerful''. He likes his powerbase to be strong, but he can't run the risk of having an way to powerful apprentice who he could not control.

It sure was written like a MAJOR handicap in the class story. How Vitiate could be both on Voss and on Zakuul at the same time is possibly a major plot-hole. The other possibility is that much more time has passed between the class stories and kotfe than we think. I cant think of anything else. Im inclined to just call it bad writing (even more so after the SoR disaster)

The whole point of having voices is so he can quickly have multiple bodies to travel to at any time he needs. And Senya already tells you there were times where Valkorian was acting distant and strangely, which is the times he was in another one of his voices..

Not really, since you can play your Wrath as an unloyal backstabber, I don't think that was the reason. I think the Warrior was simply among to most powerful currently defying Baras, so he was picked for the job. I guess that would cross the Inquisitor off the list as he/she really had nothing against Baras at the time and was dealing with another council member.

You can play your Warrior as wanting to betray Baras, but you can't do a lot about it. You never really even get to say "no" to him before his betrayal. Likewise, you can play your Inquisitor as loyal to Zash and not really interested in self-advancement, but you can't avoid being blamed for her "death". I think that from an outside perspective the Warrior would seem much more loyal, and the Inquisitor much more ambitious.

The personal grudge against Baras might well have been a factor, since the Emperor was kind of in a hurry to choose a Wrath who could get rid of Baras for him. Then again, since the Emperor planned to eat everyone in the galaxy in the near future anyway, it's possible he didn't much care about his new Wrath's long-term prospects. :eek: