SWTOR on sale

asbalana

My wife was on the net this morning and saw an ad for swtor on an unrelated non gaming site which said the game was on sale. We clicked the link and ended up on the Origin site and indeed the basic edition was on sale for $ 10.00 off - one day only. That kind of blew our minds because this is a new game just out of launch and it seems very early to start selling the game at a sale price.

I am not sure what this means. I thought that the game was doing well. Anyone have any ideas?

My wife was on the net this morning and saw an ad for swtor on an unrelated non gaming site which said the game was on sale. We clicked the link and ended up on the Origin site and indeed the basic edition was on sale for $ 10.00 off - one day only. That kind of blew our minds because this is a new game just out of launch and it seems very early to start selling the game at a sale price.

I am not sure what this means. I thought that the game was doing well. Anyone have any ideas?

It means Origin wants more business. They sell it for $10 off, it still puts more cash in their pocket than Best Buy selling one today at regular price.

I wouldn't read too much into it. The timing seems about right. I am, however, only an old PC game enthusiast and know little of the ways of marketing.

I've never played an online game since I started with DAOC where the game comes out and a couple months later it goes on sale, Unless it's not doing as well as they would like. Warhammer and Rift come to mind of two that did poorly and had to reduce pricing very quickly.

Usually there is no reduction in price for a new mmo for at least 6 months to a year, unless they're doing poorly.