Inquisitor Set Bonus Feedback

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Below you will find a tentative list of set bonuses that will be available to all Sith Inquisitors. These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc). Please take a look and let us know your thoughts! As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilites to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

• Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.
  • Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Genuinely all seem PvP-focused so not sure how much feedback I can give as someone who primarily does PvE Operations.

The Overload giving % Damage Reduction is just another DCD for Sin Tanks (saying this out of context as not sure what you have in store for the Tank bonuses), which seems a bit much because they already have the most DCD's in the game. (And arguably the BEST ones given Shroud gets its CD reduced via Shielding, and Force Speed is a 60% DMG Red on a ~15s CD...).

I will say I do like this new style you guys are going for with letting us see some of it beforehand so we can give initial feedback though! Very excited for 6.0!!

Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.

So, if I understand this correctly, it works like so: I use Whirlwind on Mob A. We kill Mob B. Mob A still has whatever time remains on its Whirlwind, and I can Whirlwind an additional mob with a new timer. Two (or potentially more?) Whirlwinds from the same caster can be active at the same time. Or is there a limit to the number of times it can reset in a given window or be cast by the same character?

Hey folks,

Below you will find a tentative list of set bonuses that will be available to all Sith Inquisitors. These bonuses will likely have the high end of piece requirements, such as requiring 4 or 6 pieces. The smaller piece bonuses will be more passive in nature (stat benefits, etc). Please take a look and let us know your thoughts! As a note, if you are a Consular player, you can expect to see these set bonuses mirrored for you as well, they are still in process.

You may see bonuses which refer to charges. We are introducing new tech in Onslaught which will allow abilites to have multiple charges, meaning you can use them more then once (per charge) and the cooldown will simply add a charge up to the maximum.

• Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.
  • Gyre - The cooldown of Whirlwind is reduced by 10 seconds. In addition, killing any enemy before Whirlwind ends resets the cooldown of Whirlwind.
  • Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

-eric

From a PVP standpoint, Knockbacks (Overload in this case) would be better if the range of the knockback was increased rather than adding dmg reduction. It has more effect. JS

I actual like the Damage reduction a lot more. Specially in 1vs1 fights against Melees.

I dont know about you but, I use overload to knock the enemies away and to create distance from me and my enemy. Offering DMG reduction kind of reduces the effect of the knockback because it alters the purpose of it. Instead of overload they should have said, electrocute or an ability from our default rotation. Then this set bonus would make more sense, atleast in my opinion. But if they were to increase the meters from 15 to 30, then that would make the knockback much more effective and allow people to create a greater distance, than they were originally trying to create. :cool:

Edited by Delani

Any chances Sorces or sages will ever get the channeled force storm power where as you channel it thesorc/sagre throws umptten rocks at a target

or in assassin/shadows case they get the channeled aoe spin attack?

I dont know about you but, I use overload to knock the enemies away and to create distance from me and my enemy. Offering DMG reduction kind of reduces the effect of the knockback because it alters the purpose of it. Instead of overload they should have said, electrocute or an ability from our default rotation. Then this set bonus would make more sense, atleast in my opinion. But if they were to increase the meters from 15 to 30, then that would make the knockback much more effective and allow people to create a greater distance, than they were originally trying to create. :cool:

Ive used overload many times on opponents who happen to use a skill that prevents them from being knocked back, and therefore continue to attack me, so there are definitely common situations where the knockback (which btw is also directional) isnt very effective. This is a welcomed addition.

Ive used overload many times on opponents who happen to use a skill that prevents them from being knocked back, and therefore continue to attack me, so there are definitely common situations where the knockback (which btw is also directional) isnt very effective. This is a welcomed addition.

Thats why I always say, choice is key!!!!!

Some players want stun dr and some players may want a stronger knockback. Im aware that juggs have a 3 second immobilization immunity buff when they leap to players, so I often wait it out. But everyone fights differently and reacts to different situations differently, so 10% dmg reduct would help players who may not wait out their buff. It depends on the player. More options = better gameplay for all.

[*]Seething Power - Overload increases your damage reduction by 10% for 10 seconds. Getting attacked during this time causes your next Force attack to critically hit. This effect can only occur once every 10 seconds.

-eric

Please no... not on overload.

From a PvE tank (or I assume any DPS that has AoE/Dotspread) perspective, this is a terrible idea.

We do our best to *group* adds, and already have enough annoyance at the odd healer that takes the stupid overload heal utility.

PLEASE put this on Force Speed, or really ANYTHING that doesn't mess things up for the rest of the group (and while we're at it, take away KB heals, too, please :D).

These set bonus are going to complicate things massively and to be honest "break the game." what we're looking at here "sounds cool" but will already result in massive class balance issues. This will cause much grief and players will likely bail until its fixed.

Now as this post is specific to inquisitors:

Force slow is rarely used. Having at as a madness perc is fail. Simply integrate its effects into death field.

"healing volts" healers shouldn't be damaging people under normal circumstances so this is a complete waste

"energized overload" fail because the knock back effect required to trigger this will break crowd control effects, and overall overload is rarely used in PVE

Overall to be honest, as someone who has played all specs for years, these are going to change the skill alignment of the game. Based upon what you are doing you should toss all of these and simply bring back skill trees. You are trying to artificially create healing dps or dpsing healers. If people wanted to play that they could have simply done so with the skill trees.

Decelerate - Force Slow now has 2 charges. Using Force Slow on an enemy already under the effect of Force Slow slows them by an additional 20% and extends the duration.

We don't need more cc.

Powered Electrocute - Electrocute's stun lasts an additional 2 seconds.

Will this increase the resolve it generates so it'll straight up white bar the target like the Powertech Enhanced Paralytics utility does? Because if it does then it's bad for PvP and pretty useless in PvE. But if it doesn't then it's OP (and super annoying) in PvP and still pretty useless in PvE. So basically this one is bad either way.

slowing down by force is not a particularly useful ability in PvE. Moreover, different bosses are immune to this, like all versions of electroshocks too. This ability will be just meaningless.

The problem with the sorcerer was in the absence of a protection ratio (he absorbs all damage in himself and therefore dies very quickly, which is in PvE, that in PvP) and catastrophically small damage for serious PvE. If you do not want to rebuild the sorcerer's ability, I would experiment with the ability to stack his debuffs (dots) to compensate his gap from the average.

Hey folks,

I actually like these changes. Remember, not every set bonus has to be for you. Some of it will be for very niche gameplay. I see some people complaining that the Force Slow won't be useful in PvE, that's because that isn't for you. The force slow is for PvP. Similarly there are some set bonus will be useful in PvE and not so much in PvP or even in Open World.

The debate on Seething Power, overload increases damage reduction. I can see this being very useful in both PvE and PvP. I'll give some situations below.

PvP:

- Combined with electric binding. If you are fighting two players, one melee and one range. Use overload on the melee, that will knock him back and bind him for X seconds. Continue fighting the ranged player, now with 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds. Could be a situation where you might be able to kill of the ranged player if he was low on health, than kite and kill the melee player. Remember, the 10% damage reduction is from all sources, not only from the mob/person you knocked back.

PvE:

- Constantly use overload whenever there are AOE/splash damage in fights.

- EC: First boss, tank (double destruction), mines (knock back range adds)

- Dread Fortress: Use on first boss to reduce dot damage, Draxus: knock back subteroth for explosion, Grob'thok: Pipe Smash (wow), Corruptor Zero: ranged adds, Draxus: 6-finger phase, burn phase, etc.

- Dread Palace: Tyrans: whenver you get dot, Raptus: whenver, Council fight: kite Raptus, burn phase

- So much more, you get the idea.

This is basically a 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds on a 17ish second timer? This changes the overload ability to a partial defensive cooldown with the knockback just being a side effect. You don't even need a target, you can pop this for aoe damages, circles on ground and whatever and still get damage reduction. Not to mention the auto-crit that you are getting every 10ish seconds. For a base class set bonus, this is actually pretty good. Currently most classes have a set bonus with auto-crit on a 30 second to a minute timer, this is already an upgrade.

I actually like these changes. Remember, not every set bonus has to be for you. Some of it will be for very niche gameplay. I see some people complaining that the Force Slow won't be useful in PvE, that's because that isn't for you. The force slow is for PvP. Similarly there are some set bonus will be useful in PvE and not so much in PvP or even in Open World.

The debate on Seething Power, overload increases damage reduction. I can see this being very useful in both PvE and PvP. I'll give some situations below.

PvP:

- Combined with electric binding. If you are fighting two players, one melee and one range. Use overload on the melee, that will knock him back and bind him for X seconds. Continue fighting the ranged player, now with 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds. Could be a situation where you might be able to kill of the ranged player if he was low on health, than kite and kill the melee player. Remember, the 10% damage reduction is from all sources, not only from the mob/person you knocked back.

PvE:

- Constantly use overload whenever there are AOE/splash damage in fights.

- EC: First boss, tank (double destruction), mines (knock back range adds)

- Dread Fortress: Use on first boss to reduce dot damage, Draxus: knock back subteroth for explosion, Grob'thok: Pipe Smash (wow), Corruptor Zero: ranged adds, Draxus: 6-finger phase, burn phase, etc.

- Dread Palace: Tyrans: whenver you get dot, Raptus: whenver, Council fight: kite Raptus, burn phase

- So much more, you get the idea.

This is basically a 10% damage reduction for 10 seconds on a 17ish second timer? This changes the overload ability to a partial defensive cooldown with the knockback just being a side effect. You don't even need a target, you can pop this for aoe damages, circles on ground and whatever and still get damage reduction. Not to mention the auto-crit that you are getting every 10ish seconds. For a base class set bonus, this is actually pretty good. Currently most classes have a set bonus with auto-crit on a 30 second to a minute timer, this is already an upgrade.

Yea it can be usefull in both pve and pvp, i just think they should add another set bonus similar to that one but with the range increased.

Hey folks,

-eric

Seething power should be removed from lightning sorcs. It is ok for dot sorcs but lightning sorcs already have tonnes of damage reductions and almost unkillable . Giving them additional 10% Dmg reduction is way too much. I would make this set bonus only for dot (madness) sorcs which lack defenses

Hey there! Just looking as these specifically it is hard to make judgements, none of these sound too overpowered but it's hard to tell when you don't know about every single new set bonus through the game to see how they compare and interact with others. All I will say is things can always be adjusted later, and what you guys are planning for gearing is just awesome.

I just wanted to say one thing about balance in-game. This isn't fortnite...there isn't million dollar pvp competitions going on. Please focus on "fun" above all else, things can be adjusted like in the old days with weekly/monthly patches. The key here is fun, and what is "fun" you may ask? I find hybridization of your class quite fun, I find cool animations and proc's to be fun, I also find unique situational utilities to be fun (I'm constantly switching utilities as Sage) and I also find anything that adds mobility to your class to be very fun.

So please, above all else, make things crazy and fun first and don't worry so much about metas and 'flavour of the month' builds. We all have every discipline to 70, if some classes show to be at a disadvantage in pvp for the first few months who cares really. Just wait 3-6 months after 6.0 drops to start the new pvp season so nobody can complain about their rating and rewards.

Hey there! Just looking as these specifically it is hard to make judgements, none of these sound too overpowered but it's hard to tell when you don't know about every single new set bonus through the game to see how they compare and interact with others. All I will say is things can always be adjusted later, and what you guys are planning for gearing is just awesome.

I just wanted to say one thing about balance in-game. This isn't fortnite...there isn't million dollar pvp competitions going on. Please focus on "fun" above all else, things can be adjusted like in the old days with weekly/monthly patches. The key here is fun, and what is "fun" you may ask? I find hybridization of your class quite fun, I find cool animations and proc's to be fun, I also find unique situational utilities to be fun (I'm constantly switching utilities as Sage) and I also find anything that adds mobility to your class to be very fun.

So please, above all else, make things crazy and fun first and don't worry so much about metas and 'flavour of the month' builds. We all have every discipline to 70, if some classes show to be at a disadvantage in pvp for the first few months who cares really. Just wait 3-6 months after 6.0 drops to start the new pvp season so nobody can complain about their rating and rewards.

Broooo!!!!!!! I was saying that also, make the game fun and exciting, balance doesnt mean anything if the experience isnt enjoyable.

I just want to put out there that I strongly, strongly disagree with this whole post, and I imagine many pvpers would also. Balance should always be the ultimate goal. There is no fun without balance. Making things wild and crazy might be fun for the first 2 matches, but if there are big imbalances, that's just not sustainable for a fun pvp experience over time. I really hope Bioware doesn't consider such nonsensical opinions.

Also, we don't all have every discipline to 70...that's such a stupid thing to say. Plus, what if I really only enjoy playing a handful of classes, but all of them are severely underpowered because they threw balance out the window? Again, it would be a complete disaster that wouldn't be fun for anyone beyond the first few matches.

Finally, I disagree with people that proclaim balance impossible, and that Bioware should make changes simply to shake up the meta. That is also a terrible idea. Balance, even if difficult to attain, should always be the goal for pvp.

Broooo!!!!!!! I was saying that also, make the game fun and exciting, balance doesnt mean anything if the experience isnt enjoyable.

In my opinion, you have it exactly backwards. It doesn't matter how wild, crazy, and exciting new abilities are; there can be no fun or enjoyment without balance in pvp.

Edited by JediMasterAlex

These are nice for pvp. I can't see anyone using them in PVE over the current set bonuses, however.

Good luck with kiting melee dps as Madness :rolleyes:

2 roots (1 from utilities) and a super slow. It's not that hard unless you're fighting several melee.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

Well, all of those bonuses is useless in PVE, completely.

In PVP:

Decelerate - 2 times on one target? Super rare and pointless, cuz of immunities and breakers to slowing down effects.

Gyre - super rare circumstances makes it also useless.

Seething Power - it may have potential, but not with overload. Stack it with force speed and then it will be good, even in PVE. Also ammount of damage reduction - 10% will be good for madness, but in lightning spec 10% is OP.

Powered Electrocute - well, this is overpowered. I can see from here all complaints and infuriation from those who's have to play against.