Archon’s Contraband Pack

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this in the bug reports forum, but I thought I should mention it here as well.

The "Cartel Market Certificate" item dropping from the Archon packs do do not stack. I received three or four of them from a set of hypercrate packs, and was surprised to find out they didn't stack. Considering they have a number (1) in the corner, it is safe to assume this is unintended?

I suspect they do not stack until the "bound to you" timer expires, at which point they all become identical. Right now, they are not "identical" because they each have a different timer counting down. At least, that's what I am hoping.

What is the name of the lightsaber hilt that is pictured in a few of the photos with the blue and black crystal and where can I get it?

Assuming you mean the one with the crystal at the bottom... I'm not sure of the name, but if I recall correctly you can get it as an offhand saber from the Belsavis vendor. Pretty sure it's on both Rep and Imp sides. However, I'm not sure if it's available as a mainhand any more -- it used to be Master Chanma's saber (Sage Tionese MH) and a Columi MH for Jedi Knights.

Has anyone verified that the male version has leggings in-game? From what I can tell the male model in the picture is just a Ratataki with white legs belying the appearance of stockings.

Considering that's the entire premise of my bug report, I'm surprised the "OMG you're WRONG" brigade hasn't showed up to demonstrate my wrongness. However, I think it's extremely likely that the Regal set is modeled by a Rattataki simply because the skin colour is so close to the set colour: you give people the impression that it's actually a skirt, and they buy it for the skirt, but then it's "Nope, it has leggings for the male version, just as advertised, soz." because then no one can adequately complain about misleading and false advertisement,

In fact, my saying that the female version is missing leggings is really just a round-about way of asking whether the male version is supposed to have leggings, but no one at Bioware would have looked at that question. Cthulhu help us if the male characters in this game show a bit of skin, like the ladies. :rolleyes:

I love the Primordial Blaster, my merc is gonna need a pair of those.

Hopefully they have a... more hefty sound effect than the more recent blasters :D

They are unfortunate Main Hand only weapons, we can't duel wield them. :(

Bioware can you makes these both Main Hand and Off hand. My bounty hunter needs two, one is not enough. :D

Well, if it's supposed to be a skirt, like the item name says, why does the male version have leggings?

I don't see why we need gender-based differences - all armour and all versions of armour should be available to both of the gender options in this game, there's literally no reason why they should be divided as they are.

Yes, please fix it so it is a skirt for males too, there is no armour ingame that shows legs for males.

Considering that's the entire premise of my bug report, I'm surprised the "OMG you're WRONG" brigade hasn't showed up to demonstrate my wrongness. However, I think it's extremely likely that the Regal set is modeled by a Rattataki simply because the skin colour is so close to the set colour: you give people the impression that it's actually a skirt, and they buy it for the skirt, but then it's "Nope, it has leggings for the male version, just as advertised, soz." because then no one can adequately complain about misleading and false advertisement,

In fact, my saying that the female version is missing leggings is really just a round-about way of asking whether the male version is supposed to have leggings, but no one at Bioware would have looked at that question. Cthulhu help us if the male characters in this game show a bit of skin, like the ladies. :rolleyes:

I have that piece (Regal legs) and there's definitely leggings on the male version. It's not skin.

That said, if there is a change to add leggings to the female version PLEASE make a classic and non-classic version. I rather like the skirt on female characters and really don't want to see it go away.

Edited by _Motoki_

They are unfortunate Main Hand only weapons, we can't duel wield them. :(

Bioware can you makes these both Main Hand and Off hand. My bounty hunter needs two, one is not enough. :D

I second this. I would love to have my merc or 'slinger wield two of these. Least until you finally make the A-300 available aside from the Smuggler story quest.

re: Primoral Blaster only able to be equipped in the main hand

I second this. I would love to have my merc or 'slinger wield two of these. Least until you finally make the A-300 available aside from the Smuggler story quest.

It's going to be fixed in the next patch.

It's a bug and will be fixed in 2.2.1.

re: Cartel Certificates not stacking

They'll stack after they unbind to your character.

Is there a reason they have a bound timer on them in the first place? Aren't they still bound to the character once the timer expires?

It's not like we can trade or sell them so I don't see the reason they need to put a timer on these certificates. It just makes it annoying that each single one takes up a slot. I have 17 now sitting in my inventory and not like I really have the space for that after opening up two hypercrates worth of packs.

I have that piece (Regal legs) and there's definitely leggings on the male version. It's not skin.

That said, if there is a change to add leggings to the female version PLEASE make a classic and non-classic version. I rather like the skirt on female characters and really don't want to see it go away.

Classic and non-Classic for both versions would be best. I'm not asking for anything to removed from players, but for more options for players.

The only gripe I have with this pack is the Ulgo Noble Set: IT IS ALREADY INGAME. With social ranks, something it seems you have totally forgot by the way. So if i buy the damm pack im gonna have access to drops that I dont really need. One thing is retextures, another completely is to unlock in the GTN social sets.

I think it sets a really bad precedent. And, by the way, give something to the social sets. You didnt even bothered with a set for Makeb.

^^^ This!

I honestly wouldn't have a problem with it if it was a set you straight-up buy off the market. You prefer solo play and don't want to grind out social points but still really want the look from one of the social sets? Have it, or a similar variant available on the CM and thus the GTN (they already did something like this with the Sand People Pillager set being similar but not identical to the Tatooine social armor, which is the best approach if you ask me). Sidestepping social points for empty shells really isn't P2W, so more power to you .

But putting them in the lottery boxes as one of the rare drops? That's just really sucky. I sincerely hope this was a one-time decision to keep the Statesmen/Loyalist trend going from other packs.

re: Cartel Certificates not stacking

Is there a reason they have a bound timer on them in the first place? Aren't they still bound to the character once the timer expires?

It's not like we can trade or sell them so I don't see the reason they need to put a timer on these certificates. It just makes it annoying that each single one takes up a slot. I have 17 now sitting in my inventory and not like I really have the space for that after opening up two hypercrates worth of packs.

I have a feeling the bound timer on anything Cartel related is so that there isn't a flood of stuff on the gtn 5 seconds after getting it. As most people just sell what they get straight away

Soo... One question. Why did you bother adding a chair if you were going to make it useless to role-players by making it a 10 second animation? I mean, do you seriously think anyone else but the roleplaying community is going to care about a chair?

Soo... One question. Why did you bother adding a chair if you were going to make it useless to role-players by making it a 10 second animation? I mean, do you seriously think anyone else but the roleplaying community is going to care about a chair?

Your absolutley correct nobody cares except them. I know i dont and quite frankly think more important bugs and other issues need to be addressed first other then the "ability" to sit in chairs

1: Mind your manners.

2: the bugs that were causing the delay were more likely to have something to do with transfers than the cartel pack. Its not like they rushing to finish both and said "oh dear, we can only finish one in time, lets make it the cartel pack". The items in the cartel pack have been done for a while now i would bet...

^

You people are clueless. CM devs are completely different from the people working on server transfers.

Edited by idnewton

I read through this forum page and I couldn't see anyone mentioning my issue so I will.

The Regal Apparel Miniskirt has some major clipping issues! You can't see it if your character is standing still, but once I move my character around, walking, running, sprinting, the miniskirt is clipping all over the place! Even in cutscenes / conversations. I tried it on Female body type 2 character and I'm not pleased to say the least.

I learned to live with some clipping issues on my Body type 4 Sage, usually almost every armor has similar issues on that female body type which is unfortunate, but non of these clippings were this severe before with any kind of armor set! This is not acceptable. I really wanted to use this new piece of gear, but it's just terrible and annoying!

Could you please fix it? I really can't understand why did you even release an obviously half finished item at the first place. I would really appreciate it if you'd take the time to fix the clipping issues. In the future please do not release anything until it's properly adjusted to every body type and movement animation! Minor clipping issues are one thing but this is way over the acceptable line.