Crisis on Umbara Turrets.

ObscureKnight

I guess you guys at BW didn't play this one. Because here it is 4 months later after the last request made to fix this bug. I am on my merc heals and kolto missile aggros them, but the best part is they were on top and we were down inside the car.

Just remove them, or please fix this issue so a healer can do their job and not have to have the entire group /stuck on a broken mechanic.

• 4 weeks later...
I am managing to aggro them on my shadow, while stealthed!

This is actually the most common thing to trip them that I've seen, people that stealth below them.

The turrets have advanced stealth detection and as far as I am aware it has always been an issue that stealth detection is not a separate layer on top of regular detection, but a thing in itself, unaffected by line of sight. You could always have been completely safe from an enemy on the other side of a wall, and suddenly be seen by them if you stealth.

The design of that FP just makes this issue very apparent--I'm not saying that this should not get fixed, honestly it would make much more sense to have stealth detection being a second pass of the regular detection system, but if people just did NOT stealth under those turrets, it would've prevented every instance of people getting stuck there that I've witnessed. In fact, the first thought I had when I read the OP. was "they probably had someone walk by in stealth just as they threw that kolto missile".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

It's now nearly a year since this was first reported, and it's still broken. I've actually played this flashpoint many times before with various characters and never encountered this bug, but I've just run into it with my Assassin. And it's not just a problem with stealth. I first came into range of them while fighting in the room below, and so was not stealthed. It took me a long time to work out that the apparently phantom enemy turrets that were preventing me from opening the door and progressing were actually the turrets on the roof. I returned to the roof in the hope that moving back along the train might take me out of range and reset the battle, but got killed the moment I emerged. So I re-entered the room, still unstealthed (there was no reason to stealth, since I'd killed all the enemies in there), and got targeted again. The next time I tried it stealthed, with the same result. So I tried /stuck, and the act of typing that killed me (killed by 'Kill Target' with 0 damage). I was left with no choice but to exit the flashpoint, and haven't had time to try it again. Not surprisingly I'm not pleased at having wasted about an hour on the flashpoint with nothing to show for it.

I accept that bugs occur, but surely a game-breaking bug like this should have been fixed after this amount of time.

Edited by dinowoman

• 9 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...