Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Maintenance: October 24th, 2017

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Maintenance: October 24th, 2017
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Talho
10.24.2017 , 12:26 PM | #151
Quote: Originally Posted by Talho View Post
Launer need up to 5min to start. After this i get the Message:

Patch-Data can't detected. Please check your internet connection. (208)

Internet connection are very well (100MBit/s).
I forgot one thing.

I have start the patcher at 18:00 local time (1h bevor maintenance should end). It works fine and i have seen the servers. The problem start after you extended the maintenance. Shortly later i restart the launcher and have the problem.

DieAlteHexe
10.24.2017 , 12:27 PM | #152
Quote: Originally Posted by Skysurfy View Post
Download the client from the website the setup.exe. And do the installation again. But you dont have to delete the folder, if you do you have to download the whole game. Just do the setup and overwrite the installation

Lad den client auf der webseite runter und führ die setup.exe aus. Lösche aber nicht die Datein. sonst musst du alles runterladen. Einfach drüberbügeln =)
Danke.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

Exly
10.24.2017 , 12:29 PM | #153
I live in the middle of the country and have always had ping times between 50 and 60 to either coast. As of today that ping rate has doubled for both the Harbinger and Ebon Hawk servers. Good job BioWare.

Vagessel
10.24.2017 , 12:34 PM | #154
Quote: Originally Posted by KeithKanneg View Post
Hi all,

Today’s maintenance was part of the United Forces effort!

We have completed the upgrade of the Game Servers along with all their supporting infrastructure in the Data Centers. We made a large investment of new hardware and software and one of our primary goals was to substantially reduce our footprint while improving our overall server capacity. During our evaluation of the new servers, we determined we could also combine our North American datacenters. That also occurred today and we have officially moved out of our West Coast location. Our testing showed no impact on the gameplay experience, but we expect some of you playing on formerly West Coast servers may see higher ping times. We’ll use the next two weeks to smooth out any kinks and resolve any performance issues encountered.

You’ll see the same Servers today that you saw yesterday. They’re just running on new hardware and, some, in different locations. As announced previously the move to the five (5) new Servers will be on Wednesday, November 8, 2017. At that time all Game Servers and the SWTOR website will be down for up to 12 hours. We’ll let you know the actual start time a few days before.

Report any specific issues you encounter to Customer Service as we’ve established an escalation process for critical issues. Please be a bit patient with us over the coming weeks as we unite players from a variety of servers and try to make this a smooth and painless process for everyone.

Cheers!

-Keith--
Why the heck advertise it as West Coast and East Coast servers when in reality it was North America 1 and North America 2 servers, located adjacent to one another in the same building in the east coast?

Desplain
10.24.2017 , 12:39 PM | #155
No login possible on German servers (T3 M4)!

Unable to retrieve patch data. Please check network connection (208)
May the Force be with you.

Exly
10.24.2017 , 12:40 PM | #156
Quote: Originally Posted by Vagessel View Post
Why the heck advertise it as West Coast and East Coast servers when in reality it was North America 1 and North America 2 servers, located adjacent to one another in the same building in the east coast?
I don't know, but they act like it is in their nature to mislead us. It's like they can't help themselves, if their lips are moving, or their fingers are on a keyboard, it seems like their first instinct is to mislead us.

DieAlteHexe
10.24.2017 , 12:45 PM | #157
Quote: Originally Posted by Skysurfy View Post
Download the client from the website the setup.exe. And do the installation again. But you dont have to delete the folder, if you do you have to download the whole game. Just do the setup and overwrite the installation

Lad den client auf der webseite runter und führ die setup.exe aus. Lösche aber nicht die Datein. sonst musst du alles runterladen. Einfach drüberbügeln =)
Well, it was a good thought but it didn't work for me.

No errors, just endless blue spinner.
---------------------------------------------------------------

-- It's the journey, not the destination. --

DanaOShee
10.24.2017 , 12:46 PM | #158
I tried to open it by execute as admin, now it works

Lxndra
10.24.2017 , 12:48 PM | #159
Quote: Originally Posted by Exly View Post
I don't know, but they act like it is in their nature to mislead us. It's like they can't help themselves, if their lips are moving, or their fingers are on a keyboard, it seems like their first instinct is to mislead us.
I am so angry about this - I've been irritated with Bioware before, but never this degree of flat-out angry. The decision to stay on Harbinger - Hot Prospect - Satele Shan was because of ping time. They neglected to give us a key piece of information that would have informed character and legacy transfer decisions. Furthermore, they've degraded the gameplay experience for people who stuck to their coast. As someone on the WC, I've tried out WZs on East Coast servers before - the difference is noticeable. Why would they do this to an entire coast of people?

SebastiaanZ
10.24.2017 , 12:49 PM | #160
I can confirm that the pings are really bad, even at the EU servers. I don't know what they did, but it didn't get better.
UNITE OUR CHARACTERS

Click this LINK for all kind of goodies in game!