Regarding server queues

StephenReid

Here is my opinion, one yes Bio-ware has the server population set really low right now. I think they have done this and will fix this sometime after the 20th. I believe they have done this because when the 20th comes around the flow of traffic from non-preorder customers is going to be massive. So if they raised the cap now just to please us before the 20th, come the 20th we will all run into the same problem with the new overload of customers. They plan to open like twice as many servers on the 20th, so hopefully the population will spread out over the new servers. Then they will raise the pop cap in return lowering que times if not eliminating them. Edited by Vanludwig

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok bioware enough already.

Your players need an update on the situation

don't keep us hanging your just annoying everyone now.

I think the number of posts in the last 24 hours justifies a response

and

I don't mean the pathetic two fingered response that we have all seen and read

Please bioware give us something, just talk to us. Most of all be honest with us

Our guild was placed on Hidden Beks server, since Thursday it has been almost impossible to get on because of the queues, I don't see why Bioware allowed the server to be over populated so fast when there are other much less populated servers (PVE English) that could be utilised, annoying to say the least

I managed to watch ..

Liverpool vs Aston Villa

Tottenham vs Sunderland

Man City vs Arsenal

I've had breakfast

I've had lunch

I'm about to have dinner.

I've cleaned my place up, i've stroked my cat.

I've also waited in a que all day. I have not been able to get in the game "in any way shape or form"

It better be instant access on the 20th! I know im not a paying customer ATM, this is just a freebie-sweetner ..

Still!

It's pretty damn annoying

At least the Liverpool result was OK, so you should feel a little happier.

Suggestion for players -

We all know you're going to have 'alt' characters, why not create your alt, play that char on a different server for a day or few, and give the developers time to 'fix' the server problem.

They KNOW there's issues, if you rush fix things, there will be issues, for long term stability it needs to be measured and fixed properly.

Personally - I do agree with the following to;

1. Please people.

2. Ease server queues.

A) Allow free character/guild migration (if guild migration not possible, just allow the free character migration and people can reform thier guilds) -

1A) For all we know, character migration was something 'in the works', and is (as we speak) being rushed to be ready to assist with the server issues - Patience.

B) Increase server population cap - Not actually a good idea at this time, as it's obviously sensible to even out the populations so people have other to play with, not allow the capability of piling everyone on just a few servers.

But ye - to the players - be aware bioware obviously know about the issues, play an alt (sith/jedi/trooper, etc), for a day or two, and keep checking updates on the server issues. It's that for do the queue game.

I get randomly DC'ed and see that i have to wait 1h 40m. :mad: I'm Thinking OMG this is gonna get so much worse in a few day, but for now i can wait 1h 40m... my friends can wait on me :cool:

(4h later) :confused:

why am i not playing yet?!!!! :eek:

i know that there is no magic fix Bioware, just know, that we all know, thats you did see this comming..... and we ARE NOT PLEASED.... -_-

We are Disappointed

Edited by SimonBarfod

Here is my opinion, one yes Bio-ware has the server population set really low right now. I think they have done this and will fix this sometime after the 20th. I believe they have done this because when the 20th comes around the flow of traffic from non-preorder customers is going to be massive. So if they raised the cap now just to please us before the 20th, come the 20th we will all run into the same problem with the new overload of customers. They plan to open like twice as many servers on the 20th, so hopefully the population will spread out over the new servers. Then they will raise the pop cap in return lowering que times if not eliminating them.

You'll find my lack of faith disturbing.

Ok bioware enough already.

Your players need an update on the situation

don't keep us hanging your just annoying everyone now.

I think the number of posts in the last 24 hours justifies a response

and

I don't mean the pathetic two fingered response that we have all seen and read

Please bioware give us something, just talk to us. Most of all be honest with us

WELL SAID ...Because BW REMEMBER most peeps have got the GAME in the post and have not activated the codes. so please dont let us have to send em back..

:( cos game is awesome

UPdate us please

I understand what bioware says when they do say: pick another server. But this kind of contradicts the excellent pre-launch guild feature. I applied to a guild, got a spot and was placed on a server with the rest of the guild.

To pick another server at this point is not just starting over leaving a char thats lvl 20+ already. It also means trying to find another, reasonably mature guild. Not to mention, the guild i leave migth feel I'm an ***.

What should have been done was a full lockdown on character creation on the servers that started to get heavy queues. Only exception. People that belong in guilds on that server. It would be possible to open up character creation at a later date if managed properly.

Now its a mess. Starting up another character? First off it doesnt feel right. I already got a guild. Second, with the current state of affairs this second character is highly probable to end up on an over-populated server after launch.

In short this situation is starting to feel a bit silly.

To all the people who whine about queues but have bad internetconnections and disconnect:

Plz stop with the damn whining, if you stand in line at the store and you leave to get more groceries and it takes time for you to come back, the people behind you wont stand there and wait.. the show must go on and so must the Queue.. so QQ and get back in line..

Have a good queuetime.. ive been waiting since 14:30 and seriously.. i have gotten so many things done IRL while waiting, i visited my brother, i did the dishes, i cooked dinner for me and my GF, and right now im about nr 235 in Queue.. so now im going to sit in the couch with my GF and watch a movie untill i get in :)

Merry Christmas to all! :D

Congratulations, I nominate your post for dumbest post of the day.

Unreasonably long queues... I don't have a lot of time to spend in the game and I have to wait 40 minutes to an hour in queue before I can play. When I got into the headstart, I joined a low population server and not a full one but it became full in less than 2 days. Why don't you stop new people from creating characters when a server has reached its population limit? Or - if that doesn't work for you - give us an option to freely migrate any character above level 10 anywhere once a week until this situation settles down. It's ridiculous that I can't play a game I paid for because I'm a casual player who cannot spend an hour waiting in queue.

Im on "Tomb of Freedon Nadd" and There is like 2200people in Que all the tine.

I understand that it is launch week and tons of people playing. BUT to be forced to wait atleast 3hours most of the day is really annoying...

I have some friends and my guild on this server so I am stuck...

I really hope you fix this Bioware.. You have my trust!

Truly disgraceful, this really does seem to be the result of pushing swtor to the shops at christmas to swell the corporate pockets before the infrastructure was completed to meet capacity planning ?

Now on my 3rd server with yet another alt and guess what, 600 people queuing in front of me with over an hour wait.

I love the queue, no lie. I get up sign in start queue, go workout, take a shower, eat lunch and take care of things around the house. Then I come back and boom I am signed in ready to go. In short I like them because they keep me motivated to do real things and not waste all my time on this ****.

Ive been trying to log into Basilisk Droid eu-pvp since GMT 14:30, its now 18:52. Ive had 3 code 1002 errors which kicks me out of the queue for no reason & sticks me back into a 1100 player queue.

Whats up Bioware? Struggling with largest player base over here we cant even get guild transfers?