Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

Altheran
01.30.2014 , 08:44 AM | #321
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
Bypass is a garenteed one-shot on any scout that isn't running HP armor.
I see you read my post in the Gunship thread.

Zoom_VI
01.30.2014 , 09:03 AM | #322
Quote: Originally Posted by Altheran View Post
I see you read my post in the Gunship thread.
LoL, I've know that since the second week of GSF, the math isn't exactly hard.

I will point out that a scout with Directional shield set to the direction of the gunship can eat a slug crit, just not a bypass.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

Trevor_the_Bruce
01.30.2014 , 09:18 AM | #323
Scouts are not OP. In my epxperience playing GS (ever since it was released to Subscribers), I have no trouble taking out Scouts with my Strike fighter. On good proton torpedo followed up with a volley of laser blasts will pretty muchend them quick. The proton torpedoes range is what really helps defend against the scount, imo. Scouts are great at taking out Gunships. Gunships are more likely to take out Strike fighters. So it usually is like this in a game:

Gunships beat Strike fighters
Strike fighters beat Scouts
Scouts beat Gunships

This isn't to say that strike fighters can't take out gunships or that scouts can't take out strike fighters or that gunships can't take out scouts, because they all can. It just consistently these matchups work out in the users favor quite often.I'd say the GS is pretty well balanced in most regards. People just need to get used to all the different options their starfighters can get access to.

Altheran
01.30.2014 , 09:26 AM | #324
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
LoL, I've know that since the second week of GSF, the math isn't exactly hard.

I will point out that a scout with Directional shield set to the direction of the gunship can eat a slug crit, just not a bypass.
Ah, my bad. The timing was too good.

Flearos
01.30.2014 , 10:30 AM | #325
Quote: Originally Posted by elthenar View Post
Flashfire/Sting is the win ship. It has superior firepower, speed, survivability, agility and sensors. If you happen to land a good hit on a scout and get them in a bad spot, they just leave and you can't stay with them if you aren't also in a scout. The only thing that a flash/sting doesn't get is a railgun, they have every other great mod in the game.

In short, yes though their 2 scouts need to get beaten with the nerf bat and hard.
This... Honestly if they didn't have burst cannons, quads, and distortion fields cd was longer (imho 1 min is not to long for an invincibility button) then they would be fine. Scouts should be about using your superior speed and maneuverability to drop in behind a target click to him like glue while you take him down. They should loss a head to head pass, the idea of it should scare them.

xxIncubixx
01.30.2014 , 06:52 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by Trevor_the_Bruce View Post
Scouts are not OP. In my epxperience playing GS (ever since it was released to Subscribers), I have no trouble taking out Scouts with my Strike fighter. On good proton torpedo followed up with a volley of laser blasts will pretty muchend them quick. The proton torpedoes range is what really helps defend against the scount, imo. Scouts are great at taking out Gunships. Gunships are more likely to take out Strike fighters. So it usually is like this in a game:

Gunships beat Strike fighters
Strike fighters beat Scouts
Scouts beat Gunships

This isn't to say that strike fighters can't take out gunships or that scouts can't take out strike fighters or that gunships can't take out scouts, because they all can. It just consistently these matchups work out in the users favor quite often.I'd say the GS is pretty well balanced in most regards. People just need to get used to all the different options their starfighters can get access to.
good luck killing any flashfire with 2 inches of a brain spamming missiles and burst cannons with herpa derpa super evasion, seems totally well thought out by failware .

Basicaly strike fighters are ALWAYS at a disavantage (novadive/blackbolt are fine as they are they do have a role, flashfire/sting are simply retarded, to much firepower for a supposedly "scout" class... in the end it has HIGHER SUVIRVABILITY, HIGHER DAMAGE OUTPUT AND SPAMMABLE MISSILES then any strike fighter, i fail to see how is this remotly balanced and makes the strike fighter role useless 99% of the time)... apart from armour, but then again evasion is king right now on GSF (another fail, i find it hilarious when someone that is standing still magicaly evades).

+ Its super hard to hit a flashfire with a gunship railgun.

Zharik
01.30.2014 , 07:19 PM | #327
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post
good luck killing any flashfire with 2 inches of a brain spamming missiles and burst cannons with herpa derpa super evasion, seems totally well thought out by failware .

Basicaly strike fighters are ALWAYS at a disavantage (novadive/blackbolt are fine as they are they do have a role, flashfire/sting are simply retarded, to much firepower for a supposedly "scout" class... in the end it has HIGHER SUVIRVABILITY, HIGHER DAMAGE OUTPUT AND SPAMMABLE MISSILES then any strike fighter, i fail to see how is this remotly balanced and makes the strike fighter role useless 99% of the time)... apart from armour, but then again evasion is king right now on GSF (another fail, i find it hilarious when someone that is standing still magicaly evades).

Looks like a troll, sounds like a troll... etc
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Bleeters
01.30.2014 , 07:46 PM | #328
Quote: Originally Posted by xxIncubixx View Post

A ship designed to be difficult to hit but easily destroyed when it is is difficult to hit but easily destroyed when it is. More at 11.

Of course, I'd say the issue should be 'why are strike fighters or non-evasion built scouts so easy to hit with a gunship railgun', maybe. Or even 'why do gunship railguns not require you to in any way lead your target like literally every other weapon available, thus making already nimble ships rely on RNG to not get blown out of the sky'. Hmm.

Quote:
apart from armour, but then again evasion is king right now on GSF
Of course it is. It's the only defensive trait that actually works. More health is... well, it's more health, but doesn't boost your hull strength by enough to really count except under specific circumstances. Shields are bypassed easily. Passive damage reduction is completely ignored by weapons every ship type has available. 'Evasion is king' because everything else are worthless peasants.

BrianDavion
01.30.2014 , 10:10 PM | #329
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post

Of course it is. It's the only defensive trait that actually works. More health is... well, it's more health, but doesn't boost your hull strength by enough to really count except under specific circumstances. Shields are bypassed easily. Passive damage reduction is completely ignored by weapons every ship type has available. 'Evasion is king' because everything else are worthless peasants.

This pretty much this

mr_sim
01.30.2014 , 11:16 PM | #330
Quote: Originally Posted by Bleeters View Post
What? worthless peasants? I'll just assume that's how scout pilots talk bout other classes.

I think the point is that, Strikes loose too much for too little gain. They get an extra "choice" for weapon and are supposed to have this armor thing that is far too often bypassed. But Scouts get an extra cooldown for lack of a third weapon and then they get evasion which makes armor for chumps.
Striker Pilot - Jedi Covenant - Imperial Forces

<Roving Guns>