Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
Is It just me? Are Scouts a bit OP?

elthenar
01.29.2014 , 08:20 PM | #311
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
The age of the Flashfire will be ending with 2.6

Why? Because in 2.6 strikes are getting a AoE control weapon the form of a missile, Novadive/blackbolts are getting a EMP field which is essentially another AoE stun that just emanates from the Novadive. Gunships already have a AoE control weapon in ion rail. And bombers are stacked with AoE everything.

What you a crazy maneuverable FF? Ill just shoot this AoE at a turret or drone and boom now you completely disabled and free pickings.

There won't be room in 2.6 for a dogfighter ship once all the AoE control stacking starts.
Sounds good in theory, but as an Ion Rail pilot I can tell you that there aren't that many targets to bounce an Ion chain off of to hit a scout.

Flashfire/Sting is the win ship. It has superior firepower, speed, survivability, agility and sensors. If you happen to land a good hit on a scout and get them in a bad spot, they just leave and you can't stay with them if you aren't also in a scout. The only thing that a flash/sting doesn't get is a railgun, they have every other great mod in the game.

In short, yes though their 2 scouts need to get beaten with the nerf bat and hard.

Zoom_VI
01.29.2014 , 08:24 PM | #312
Quote: Originally Posted by elthenar View Post
Sounds good in theory, but as an Ion Rail pilot I can tell you that there aren't that many targets to bounce an Ion chain off of to hit a scout.

Flashfire/Sting is the win ship. It has superior firepower, speed, survivability, agility and sensors. If you happen to land a good hit on a scout and get them in a bad spot, they just leave and you can't stay with them if you aren't also in a scout. The only thing that a flash/sting doesn't get is a railgun, they have every other great mod in the game.

In short, yes though their 2 scouts need to get beaten with the nerf bat and hard.
I am 100% sure a gunship armed with distortion field and barrel roll, and ion rail to boot is like 3 times as OP. Please I sneak up on a gunship that is too busy tunnel visioning to pay attention, I fire one shot and poof he goes godmode.

Pot calling the kettle black coming from you.
Crinn

Sanity is for the weak minded.

elthenar
01.29.2014 , 08:47 PM | #313
Quote: Originally Posted by Zoom_VI View Post
I am 100% sure a gunship armed with distortion field and barrel roll, and ion rail to boot is like 3 times as OP. Please I sneak up on a gunship that is too busy tunnel visioning to pay attention, I fire one shot and poof he goes godmode.

Pot calling the kettle black coming from you.
I've had Flashfires twoshot my GS, so either you have a poorly fit ship or are bad.

Gunships are powerful and are in a much better place than Strike Fighters. At least they can do something a Flashfire can't do better

Zharik
01.29.2014 , 09:27 PM | #314
I've had Flashfires twoshot my GS, so either you have a poorly fit ship or are bad.

Gunships are powerful and are in a much better place than Strike Fighters. At least they can do something a Flashfire can't do better
While possible this happens at 500m or less... gunships can 1 shot at 15km...
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Zoom_VI
01.29.2014 , 09:28 PM | #315
Quote: Originally Posted by Zharik View Post
I'm more concern with the fact they can spam what amounts to a AoE CC from 15km, oh and it doesn't have a CD either..
Crinn

elthenar
01.29.2014 , 10:28 PM | #316
I've never had a gunship one shot me. I think it's a myth. If you got "one shotted" you probably got hit by an ion or something nearly simultaneously.

On the other hand, I had a flashfire pilot two shot me several times just in one game. Literally under 1 second every time.

Zharik
01.29.2014 , 10:34 PM | #317
I've never had a gunship one shot me. I think it's a myth. If you got "one shotted" you probably got hit by an ion or something nearly simultaneously.

On the other hand, I had a flashfire pilot two shot me several times just in one game. Literally under 1 second every time.
I've oneshot a GUNSHIP with a crit/bypassed lucky roll. He was alone and guarding a sat, but did not see my approach vector (dampeners!).
<Alt-a-holic's Anonymous>
President, Vice-President, Secretary, Treasurer, Members (x18).

My Referral Link for some Free things (for you and me)

Beslley
01.30.2014 , 08:19 AM | #318

You can oneshot with bypass up, but a sting's oneshot/twoshot against a gunship comes so fast as to be unreactable to. Gunship should be at a disadvantage against a scout if the scout gets the jump on them but you should at least get a chance to react to the attack.

Honestly both ion railgun, bypass, evasion, barrel roll, and blaster overcharge need to be looked at because

1) lovetaps are ridiculous on a fully upgraded ion, and honestly should not be able to do what they're doing in current play (get the full effect without charging up)
2) bypass is far and away the best companion active in game offensive-wise, only one that came close during testing was HK and they nerfed it
3) evasion >>>>> any other defensive stat right now. It puts anyone who can't run distortion field and lightweight armor at an immediate disadvantage.
4) barrel roll is faster than boosting and more power efficient. Giving it to gunships and allowing them to escape every close encounter is not in line with a slower, less maneuverable ship with less power.
4) blaster overcharge with burst lasers is just obscenely powerful. Giving stings the best offensive power in the game while making them impossible to hit with missiles because they are rolling everywhere while evading gunship shots turns them into unstoppable killing machines

What I'd like to see is a GSF where every ship component is useful depending on the situation, but right now that is really not the case, and furthermore, it doesn't make sense to run anything other than stings/manglers right now. Hopefully bombers will mix up the meta but it would be better if there weren't a meta at all, just different builds for different situations.

TL;DR Nobody runs anything but manglers/stings, I want GSF to basically be TF2 in space but right now this ain't it.
<Death and Taxes>
Prophecy of the Five

Beslley - dps sorc | Arenatah - snoipah | Nef'arian - dps op | Alexstraza - slinger
KHEM VAL IS MY COPILOT

Zoom_VI
01.30.2014 , 08:25 AM | #319
I've oneshot a GUNSHIP with a crit/bypassed lucky roll. He was alone and guarding a sat, but did not see my approach vector (dampeners!).
I'm curious as to how you succeeded in getting dampening sensors on a flashfire.....
Crinn

Zoom_VI
01.30.2014 , 08:26 AM | #320

Bypass is a garenteed one-shot on any scout that isn't running HP armor.
Crinn