Why no idle poses yet?

Bobombo

Why does this game have no idle poses yet? I mean, we have them already. During the cutscenes our characters are crossing the arms or putting their hand on their hip as examples.

It's 2021 now, and our characters are still standing so stiff there. It looks dumb and not realistic enough.

It should not be very difficult to implement some idle poses, cause they are existing already. Pls give us the option to change idle poses, like all the other MMOs out there.

Why does this game have no idle poses yet? I mean, we have them already. During the cutscenes our characters are crossing the arms or putting their hand on their hip as examples.

It's 2021 now, and our characters are still standing so stiff there. It looks dumb and not realistic enough.

It should not be very difficult to implement some idle poses, cause they are existing already. Pls give us the option to change idle poses, like all the other MMOs out there.

For now only 2100cc, get your new assortment of two idle animations, available in every cartel market near your location.

Irony apart, this is an idea I'd like to see implemented. Having multiple and different idle poses for your character is good, and could go even better if you had let's say another idle stance with your weapon ready. While it requires work from animators, you could just cycle through them by using a text command maybe, like /changepose or I dunno.

But still, be carefull for what you wish for. They'll find a way to make idle poses like weapon tunings instead of adding content in the base game. We suggested weapon tunings as rewards in-game a while back, and they added this to the cartel market instead. So I wouldn't expect much better sadly. Even tho you could make them a sub-only feature, y'know. But that's my two cents.

Anyway, great idea, maybe post or move the thread into Suggestion Box tho ? :rak_03:

I would love to have idle poses, one I would really like is my Sith Inquisitor pulling out a Holocron and activating it... or maybe something mystical:rak_03:

Maybe we can put together a list of what would be possible/interesting.

We'd have to see multiples idle pose category however with what you suggested. One being more "general" and the other being class specific maybe.

General idle pose ideas :

• Arms crossed in front of your character
  • Arms "crossed" behind your back, like Marr and a lot of other main characters do in cutscenes
  • A more "relaxed" pose, with your character resting more on his right or left side
  • Both hands on the waist, something a bit heroic in a sense, like your character being maybe proud of himself
  • One hand on the waist, somewhat relaxed and looking left and right, as if waiting for something.

Then you could have more class specific poses (maybe ones that could unlock once you've reached max level with your class ?) :

• Listening to communications, like on a ear comm' (Imperial Agent)
  • Lazily playing with a coin in one hand (smuggler)
  • A fix military posture, maybe with one arm placed on the chest like a salute (Soldier)
  • Something about lightnings maybe ? Your character looking at his hand which emit some lightning sparkles or something like it (Inquisitor)
  • Reflecting on a holocron (Consular)
  • I'd like to see something reminiscent of meditation as well, or thinking, eyes closed ? (Jedi Knight)
  • Something angry or more ferocious (Warrior)
  • Whatever fits bounty hunter.

You could also have an idle stance for when drawing out your weapon, depending on the weapon :

• One blaster - Maybe have your character play it like a western, blaster in hand and his hand near the waist.
  • Two blaster - could be more or less the same, but with the off-hand blaster near the chest maybe.
  • Saberstaff/double-blade saber - I'd like a pose where you could hold your weapon with one hand. With the weapon more behind your back as well, and the blades much more upside down. Almost a resting pose instead of a fighting stance.
  • Sniper rifle - This one is easy, just have your character aim with it, like he's carefully watching for a shot opportunity
  • Blaster rifle - A bit harder on that one, maybe again a more military salute-like pose ?
  • Assault cannon - That one I don't have any idea, apart maybe having the huge weapon rest in front of you instead of the side ?
  • Single Lightsaber (Jedi Knight) - Ahah, easy, just do the Kenobi pose, with the lightsaber above his head, blade facing the enemy. I recall this being the Soresu Stance as well when you could toggle it on/off
  • Single Lightsaber (Consular/Inquisitor) - Who doesn't like Makashi stance and Dooku ?
  • Single Lightsaber (Sith Warrior) - Well, Djem So stance looks nice, so more like what Anakin Skywalker uses.
  • Dual-wield Lightsaber - Fanservice gotta fanservice. Marauders could use a stance like we see Asaj Ventress use, with both Lightsaber oriented to the ground. Sentinels could be more similar to Ashoka Tano on the other hand. Can't describe that one as my vocabulary is more than limited.

Edit : Some more ideas asked later in the thread

• Different /sit poses
  • One or two different idle pose for the /chair command as well.

Edited by supertimtaf
I don't know how to use /list

Maybe we can put together a list of what would be possible/interesting.

We'd have to see multiples idle pose category however with what you suggested. One being more "general" and the other being class specific maybe.

General idle pose ideas :

• Arms crossed in front of your character
  • Arms "crossed" behind your back, like Marr and a lot of other main characters do in cutscenes
  • A more "relaxed" pose, with your character resting more on his right or left side
  • Both hands on the waist, something a bit heroic in a sense, like your character being maybe proud of himself
  • One hand on the waist, somewhat relaxed and looking left and right, as if waiting for something.

Then you could have more class specific poses (maybe ones that could unlock once you've reached max level with your class ?) :

• Listening to communications, like on a ear comm' (Imperial Agent)
  • Lazily playing with a coin in one hand (smuggler)
  • A fix military posture, maybe with one arm placed on the chest like a salute (Soldier)
  • Something about lightnings maybe ? Your character looking at his hand which emit some lightning sparkles or something like it (Inquisitor)
  • Reflecting on a holocron (Consular)
  • I'd like to see something reminiscent of meditation as well, or thinking, eyes closed ? (Jedi Knight)
  • Something angry or more ferocious (Warrior)
  • Whatever fits bounty hunter.

You could also have an idle stance for when drawing out your weapon, depending on the weapon :

• One blaster - Maybe have your character play it like a western, blaster in hand and his hand near the waist.
  • Two blaster - could be more or less the same, but with the off-hand blaster near the chest maybe.
  • Saberstaff/double-blade saber - I'd like a pose where you could hold your weapon with one hand. With the weapon more behind your back as well, and the blades much more upside down. Almost a resting pose instead of a fighting stance.
  • Sniper rifle - This one is easy, just have your character aim with it, like he's carefully watching for a shot opportunity
  • Blaster rifle - A bit harder on that one, maybe again a more military salute-like pose ?
  • Assault cannon - That one I don't have any idea, apart maybe having the huge weapon rest in front of you instead of the side ?
  • Single Lightsaber (Jedi Knight) - Ahah, easy, just do the Kenobi pose, with the lightsaber above his head, blade facing the enemy. I recall this being the Soresu Stance as well when you could toggle it on/off
  • Single Lightsaber (Consular/Inquisitor) - Who doesn't like Makashi stance and Dooku ?
  • Single Lightsaber (Sith Warrior) - Well, Djem So stance looks nice, so more like what Anakin Skywalker uses.
  • Dual-wield Lightsaber - Fanservice gotta fanservice. Marauders could use a stance like we see Asaj Ventress use, with both Lightsaber oriented to the ground. Sentinels could be more similar to Ashoka Tano on the other hand. Can't describe that one as my vocabulary is more than limited.

Those are some pretty good ideas, I honestly can't think of anything else.

Good idea.

/promote

I wish we'd have an option to upvote posts tho. No need to downvote, just upvote could be nice.

To get back to the main topic, you could also add some other pose/animation while sitting to the ground. At least a few so everybody doesn't sit exactly the same way. Same process could go as well for the /chair command, with one or two variants available so you don't look like you're akwardly holding back one weird fart while you sit. But maybe that's going too far ?

I wish we'd have an option to upvote posts tho. No need to downvote, just upvote could be nice.

The problem with upvoting, is we'd get the troll guilds/leaders putting up bad ideas, and then having their sycophants come in to up vote them..... We've already seen this tactic being used for other things.

To get back to the main topic, you could also add some other pose/animation while sitting to the ground. At least a few so everybody doesn't sit exactly the same way. Same process could go as well for the /chair command, with one or two variants available so you don't look like you're akwardly holding back one weird fart while you sit. But maybe that's going too far ?

Yes, I like the idea of sitting ones too.

The problem with upvoting, is we'd get the troll guilds/leaders putting up bad ideas, and then having their sycophants come in to up vote them..... We've already seen this tactic being used for other things.

You mean like the dozen whining threads about crafting conquest ? If this is your concern, rest assured, this is already happening so.. I don't see how this could hurt forums more than they already are. This could even maybe prove beneficial to the PvP section. Who knows.

But I still see your point.