Please preserve planet sync

xordevoreaux

most planet sync stay what its now = yes

do i still hate it = yes

but i have learn to deal with it and accept it since it has fix a lot off problems in the game we got before the planet sync and its also fun and not the 1 hit kill on lower planets any more to keep then also what fun to do.

• The feature is working well.
  • There is no harm or disadvantage to any player. Within reasonable limits.
  • Changing it will require scarce resources that are better spent elsewhere.

Due to the above reasons, I support the idea of leaving well enough alone.

Edited by mike_carton

I fully support a level cap appropriate to each planet.

However I am absolutely opposed to having my character lose power.

Dromund Kaas' level cap is 17. If I have 3600 health at level 17, then at level 18 I should still have 3600 health while questing on Dromund Kaas. It should not be increased by leveling beyond 17 while questing on Dromund Kaas.

But it should also not be decreased to 2200, or whatever it is. That's just demoralizing.

Planet sync yes

Downscaled "endgame" no

Yes, agreed (except uprisings, they should be left at lvl 70 ;))

I didn’t used to like planet sync, but I do now now. I also think they have the balance ok, but could probably lower your power, mastery, endurance a bit more the higher your lvl above the planet to take into account the extra abilities or set bonuses you have.

Also, is it me or do silver mobs still take longer to kill than gold star mobs?

I fully support a level cap appropriate to each planet.

However I am absolutely opposed to having my character lose power.

Dromund Kaas' level cap is 17. If I have 3600 health at level 17, then at level 18 I should still have 3600 health while questing on Dromund Kaas. It should not be increased by leveling beyond 17 while questing on Dromund Kaas.

But it should also not be decreased to 2200, or whatever it is. That's just demoralizing.

Here’s a question because I’m too lazy to go check. Is it possible that Bioware have some sort of bolster on lower planets that boosts you if you don’t have enough gear by “x” level? Maybe that’s why it drops when you hit lvl 18 and don’t have enough gear on to make up for it?

I ask this because Bioware have pretty much made worrying about gear pointless as you level. I can still clear content at lvl 30 with my lvl 10-16 gear on. Most of the time I don’t even bother checking because mobs still melt regardless.

Here’s a question because I’m too lazy to go check. Is it possible that Bioware have some sort of bolster on lower planets that boosts you if you don’t have enough gear by “x” level? Maybe that’s why it drops when you hit lvl 18 and don’t have enough gear on to make up for it?

I ask this because Bioware have pretty much made worrying about gear pointless as you level. I can still clear content at lvl 30 with my lvl 10-16 gear on. Most of the time I don’t even bother checking because mobs still melt regardless.

That is a very interesting question.

I do admit,that it seemed that my Level 17 character and, for that matter, my Level 10 characters were more powerful than I had remembered.

It is possible that the scaling or level sync or whatever is adjusting characters to an appropriate power level. However it is doing so in a manner that is frankly infuriating.

Right now it appears that the smart player must be very narrowly focused. No side quests. No purchased xp boosts any kind. Target only level cap for each planet and move on.

Seems like poor game design and a very poor business move, but it is what it is.

That is a very interesting question.

I do admit,that it seemed that my Level 17 character and, for that matter, my Level 10 characters were more powerful than I had remembered.

It is possible that the scaling or level sync or whatever is adjusting characters to an appropriate power level. However it is doing so in a manner that is frankly infuriating.

Right now it appears that the smart player must be very narrowly focused. No side quests. No purchased xp boosts any kind. Target only level cap for each planet and move on.

Seems like poor game design and a very poor business move, but it is what it is.

I recently rolled two new Alts recently with the purview of running all the side and planet quests again (it’s been years and years since I last did it).

My wife and I grouped to do it and both times we were in our 20’s by the time we left the starter planet. We just left the second planet and are nearly level 30.

Honestly, the extra abilities and utilities more than make up for what ever stats you may lose because you are over the planet sync level.

I think they do this so that it doesn’t become too easy. I wouldn’t even mind if we lost a little more of the main stats the higher we are over the planet sync or based on what gear we have on.

I recently rolled two new Alts recently with the purview of running all the side and planet quests again (it’s been years and years since I last did it).

My wife and I grouped to do it and both times we were in our 20’s by the time we left the starter planet. We just left the second planet and are nearly level 30.

Honestly, the extra abilities and utilities more than make up for what ever stats you may lose because you are over the planet sync level.

I think they do this so that it doesn’t become too easy. I wouldn’t even mind if we lost a little more of the main stats the higher we are over the planet sync or based on what gear we have on.

True, an alternate strategy would be to level aggressively, but largely ignore gear beyond a cosmetic device. Use each planets level sync as the power up and only gear to that level sync.

Let's be real here: BW isn't going to release new content fast enough for there to be a max level endgame without old content; and if you want level 70 scaled group content, it shouldn't be dropping endgame gear.

endgame group content is endgame level; you want ops and FPs to stay at 70 fine, but take away all the endgame stuff they offer too.

Oh, but then we'll have basically nothing to do, because only one Op (and what, 2 FP) is actually max level, and no one pugs it. I'm certainly not taking a load of 7 duffers off fleet into the new op. You know, since I can't seem to find a group that can do the EC minefield, KP HM puzzle, not enrage the first boss in EV, etc.

Edited by KendraP

Let's be real here: BW isn't going to release new content fast enough for there to be a max level endgame without old content; and if you want level 70 scaled group content, it shouldn't be dropping endgame gear.

endgame group content is endgame level; you want ops and FPs to stay at 70 fine, but take away all the endgame stuff they offer too.

Oh, but then we'll have basically nothing to do, because only one Op (and what, 2 FP) is actually max level, and no one pugs it. I'm certainly not taking a load of 7 duffers off fleet into the new op. You know, since I can't seem to find a group that can do the EC minefield, KP HM puzzle, not enrage the first boss in EV, etc.

No saying it should be, It's for players who have subbed but no longer subbing and can only go as far as level 70.

At the end of the day it's not your call or mine, your opinion is just that an opinion nothing more.

No saying it should be, It's for players who have subbed but no longer subbing and can only go as far as level 70.

At the end of the day it's not your call or mine, your opinion is just that an opinion nothing more.

If you're not subbed, you can't do ops anyway. You want to talk about ftp/preferred players and ops, let's talk bringing back ops passes.

Edited by KendraP

If you're not subbed, you can't do ops anyway. You want to talk about ftp/preferred players and ops, let's talk bringing back ops passes.

Op's cannot say as I just no longer do them even on my sub accounts. FP's you can do so many a week. Or is it only story FP's that you can do? I have preffered accounts and still do FP's on these

As for these passes.....well? was not really sure I ever understood why they were removed to begin with. I am sure BW has a reason proberbly to get f2p/preffered players to sub? Maybe? but still many subs brought them for guilded players so again never understood it myself. However I guess that is a differant topic for another time.