RD-15A, TT-15A, TH-15A Armor sets

Jedi_Daviz

I know these are old armor sets, but I like how they pair well with the heavy enforcer armor set. I've tried grinding for these pieces with no luck. If there is a vendor that sells the complete set, I can't fiind it. I wouldn't mind armormech schematics to craft this set. Especially since pieces and schematics are few and far between on the GTN. I know the Mercenary armor set is the same design, but it's only usable on my character and not my companions which is who I prefer wear these armor sets while I wear the Heavy Enforcer armor set. Is there anyway we can bring back this armor set. I'll even settle for a cartel armor pack set, like the hunter armor set.

You can get the look of those armour sets by combining the pieces from the RD-17A Hellfire set and TT-17A Hydra set, both sold on the adaptive gear vendor. By combining the following pieces you can get the same look.

RD-17A Hellfire

• Head
  • Chest
  • Legs

TT-17A Hydra

• Hands
  • Waist
  • Feet

The RD-17a helmet looks like the Hunter armor helmet from the cartel market. Th RD-15a looks similiar to the heavy enforcer helmet design with the exception of the added armor plate and two less stripes. As for the rest of the set, the texture seems off, and doesn't blend well. Which is why I posted, to sure up support from other players who would like these armor sets for their companions because the mercenary elite armor can only be worn by characters.

I have a couple of those original sets (not the legacy versions) in the inventories of some of my 1st gen chars. Unbound. The Hydra, the Spider and some others which names I don't recall. If anyone is interested, make me an irresistible offer (credits only). Has to be a crazily high amount though to make me weak enough to sell my precious. ;)

Edit: Wait. No. I don't think I could sell them after all, no matter how good the offer would be. I'll keep them until 5 minutes before the game shuts down its servers for good one day in the future and then I bind them all. It shall be the last thing I will do in this game. :D

Edited by JattaGin

I think these items can still drop, but like many low level world drops you have to be at the right level to even have a chance for them to drop. The loot tables change as you gain levels. Hypothetical example, say RD-15A drops from level 30-40. Once your character gets above that level range, it can no longer drop. To even attempt to farm it, you would have to know the level range for the item, get a character to the right level, and farm mobs on the right planet (enemies in that level range). This is why they are so rare because most characters will only have a small window where the item even has a chance to drop, not to mention them being world drops which already have low drop rates. Going back to the hypothetical example if you got to level 50 on Taris on a character, you could already be unable to see that item drop before you even get to the planet with the right level range. People have been asking for an easier way to get these classic items for years, but Bioware hasn't really changed anything. They were quite a bit more common before the whole level sync system was added.

• 5 months later...
I think Bioware could make this easier on us by offering a new vendor at fleet to sell us crafting schematics of all the old armor sets so our Armormechs and Synthweavers can craft the pieces we need. This way they are still available to the players, if they aren't going to sell them as cartel market items. It's either that or an official guide to outdated armor sets by location and level so players can farm them...lol.

I know these are old armor sets, but I like how they pair well with the heavy enforcer armor set. I've tried grinding for these pieces with no luck. If there is a vendor that sells the complete set, I can't fiind it. I wouldn't mind armormech schematics to craft this set. Especially since pieces and schematics are few and far between on the GTN. I know the Mercenary armor set is the same design, but it's only usable on my character and not my companions which is who I prefer wear these armor sets while I wear the Heavy Enforcer armor set. Is there anyway we can bring back this armor set. I'll even settle for a cartel armor pack set, like the hunter armor set.

Yeah, they did remove a LOT of great stuff, or made it really impractical to acquire.

Relegating these and a lot of other great armor sets and weapons to random drops and keeping those random drops tied to LEVEL - I seem to recall you can get them off any Champion so long as you're the appropriate level, but correct me if I'm wrong - and staying in that appropriate level range long enough to actually get what you need in such an astronomically low chance of RNG drop is a NIGHTMARE.

Luckily, there is a craftable lookalike, actually, from Armormech. It's tied to an only Bounty Hunter and Sith Warrior class requirement, but it's still better than nothing.

The Mercenary Elite is still hard to find, but depending on your server it should be reasonably available. The recipes should drop off Underworld Trading crits still. I'm using one on a newly minted Merc made specifically to reacquire practice with the game after my long hiatus, and that armor set dyed Black/Light Gray is surprisingly nice. :D

Edited by Cox_The_Beast