Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Optimal Stats 5.9

Avorniel
05.24.2018 , 02:40 AM | #11
Quote: Originally Posted by RikuvonDrake View Post
How do people read that blue text on the black background, can we use fewer colours, or perhaps even no colours? That said, looking forward to this thread, always good to have a thread to direct people with little knowledge about stats towards! Good job.
have to agree the dark blue is unreadable unless i left click and hold and drag it over the area.Other than that really nice of you to do this for us.
Thanks

ps wish these forums had a like/upvote button...

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... it's as if a million hamsters suddenly cried out in terror... and suddenly fell silent.

Maxitrac
06.02.2018 , 05:05 AM | #12
*Edited* Changed the colour to Magenta instead of blue
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0
<Paramount> | <Sniper Science> | <Lightning Masters> | <One Eighth>
https://lightningmasters-guild.enjin.com/sales

Maxitrac
06.02.2018 , 05:22 AM | #13
*Edited* Now includes all specs and roles.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0

kyraan
06.02.2018 , 01:43 PM | #14
Hey !

I guess this is for PVE, but what about the stats for PVP? Should we go for high alacrity too as DPS, or stack as crit as possible?

Maxitrac
06.02.2018 , 07:11 PM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by kyraan View Post
Hey !

I guess this is for PVE, but what about the stats for PVP? Should we go for high alacrity too as DPS, or stack as crit as possible?
For pvp you can use these builds but accuracy is a useless stat, but you can just play around with it until you find what works best for you.
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0

kyraan
06.03.2018 , 03:11 AM | #16
Thanks !

kissingaiur
06.03.2018 , 05:41 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by Maxitrac View Post
For pvp you can use these builds but accuracy is a useless stat, but you can just play around with it until you find what works best for you.
Dude, please pvp before giving out pvp advice. Accuracy is not worthless in pvp, it is needed for white damage classes like sniper, merc and warriors dps.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

Maxitrac
06.03.2018 , 06:34 AM | #18
Quote: Originally Posted by kissingaiur View Post
Dude, please pvp before giving out pvp advice. Accuracy is not worthless in pvp, it is needed for white damage classes like sniper, merc and warriors dps.
Allow me to rephrase... accuracy is a stat you can get away without having in pvp but can be useful in certain instances
28/31 Nim/MM 5.0

kissingaiur
06.03.2018 , 02:02 PM | #19
Allow me to rephrase... accuracy is a stat you can get away without having in pvp but can be useful in certain instances
When it comes to getting kills or DPS, I would say accuracy highly useful. MM and Carnage for example is a good example of this. Both are burst spec and have a high amount of white damage. If you do not run any accuracy in PvP it could be the difference between killing someone and not (most good Carnage maras run 108% or even 110% in PvP to make sure their burst gets off). So I would say running accuracy in PvP is a pretty big deal if you are aiming to increase your DPS and actually kill a target in a burst window. To say accuracy is worthless in PvP is a pretty big understatement. The only difference between PvP and PvE when it comes to accuracy is classes with all yellow damage doesn't need it, like Concealment or Sorc.
Hothothothothothotho
"I need you all to know that Iíve transcended ranked pvp by reading about it on the forums"
5.6 PvP Operative Healing / twitch.tv/kissingaiur

WayOfTheWarriorx
06.03.2018 , 05:46 PM | #20
No,she [Kiss] is totally right. If you are playing a class that does alot of white damage, like MM or Carnage, which is what I play on my Marauder as an example, should run 110% idealy. Sure, you can get away with 105 but you are definitely going to be missing a lot more. As a Carnage Marauder I have 1 attack that's a force attack that is used regularly [priority, sure Force Leap when applicable, but you're not using that for damage as much as mobility] I do not want to be missing 28K VTs and 30K Gores. I have a filler attack [Massacre] that can crit up to 15-16k and for a filler that's nice.

I've done it both ways, even tried no accuracy very early on, there is no question in my mind that not running a proper amount of accuracy in PVP is a notable difference in damage.

There isn't anything you can do with misses due to DCDs or High Defense [Tanks] but there is something you can do about the misses from weapon attacks [White damage]. Add to that the innate accuracy penalty you take on your off hand attack, you're gonna be missing like crazy.

If you do a lot of white damage, you want accuracy, it's a straight DPS increase. I run full 110% accuracy with Carnage. The thing is, if you aren't running a parsing program, you have no idea exactly how much you are missing. I did early on when I started to get into PVP more seriously, that amount of missing going on is insane [least for me with Carnage].

Running zero accuracy as a spec that does a lot of white damage is a big mistake, in my opinion.

It's been common pro for people to downplay the use of accuracy in PVP and that's kinda become like a standardized piece of advice for PVP, like I said, I went with that advice for a while myself. But when I started checking my parses in PVP [which is an example why parsing programs can still be useful even in PVP for an appraisal of your own performance and how certain things effect you] I was seeing like 40% misses on some attacks, Ravage was ridiculous you never hit on each "one" [hits from ravage] and that only made it worse. It's tempting to use that advice because it frees up a ton of tertiary stat points to throw in critical or alacrity i.e., but it's just not worth it. - I strongly agree with Kiss on this.
~ I am Grim.

SWTOR's Public Enemy # 1