30m force lightning for everyone?

Riggam

Just a thought. I spend all my time pvp'ing and tbh shelved my assassin for quite a while because of the, imo, disadvantage we are at in huttball (of course that's all we play).

So then I thought, hey man, stop QQ'ing. Make a suggestion. What would I like to have that would not break the class. We aren't being complained about being OP, and it has to benefit PvE as well otherwise it's not a good fix.

So then I thought, why not make force lightning 30m for everyone? As an assassin there is no way to get rid of the CD, and the only spec that really ups its damage is the tank spec. Reckless gives us 30m but we really need that for other spells tbh. I hate blowing it just to shoot lightning.

Thoughts?

Assassin classes are always crap in every team environment in every MMO because:

1. They're supposed to be surprise attackers and not tanks, which means they're always squishy

2. They don't output much more DPS than any other class like they should for some reason

3. If you do get close enough to spike damage someone, the entire enemy team focuses you down because you're the easiest kill (close range, low hp, low defense)

4. Often the element of "surprise" doesn't even work in PVP anyways, again regardless of which MMO you're playing

In PVE or open PVP this is a great and often OP mechanic, you sneak up on an unsuspecting enemy and get a quick kill before hiding again. Ensuing whining about how assassins are unfair because the victim couldn't even defend it.

However in team games, your lack of ability to tank damage for the team, survive long enough to kill any enemies for the team, or indeed often even use your surprise attacks or get close enough to hurt anything before dying makes you completely worthless.

That's apparently just the reality of being an assassin: we aren't warriors. We're shadows who can only kill enemies who aren't ready for a fight. It'd be nice to play an assassin in a team game and be useful, but I've never seen it.

We just have to take comfort in the fact that we are great assets in the real world, and not in huttball.

Edited by JP_Legatus

Assassin classes are always crap in every team environment in every MMO because:

1. They're supposed to be surprise attackers and not tanks, which means they're always squishy

You clearly know nothing about the assassin class. This point is absolutely false. Assassins are perfectly capable of being main tanks in pve in this game. The requirement for Light armor does not hinder them in any way, shape, or form because of the bonus granted by Dark Charge. They are actually easier to heal in pve because of their mitigation and self healing. As a madness dps sorcerer turned healer 2 days ago, and having healed one through 4/5 Hardmode Eternity Vault (to repeat - i JUST started healing the day before, and healed one through hardmode ev with zero difficulty), I can attest that assassins do indeed make perfectly fine MAIN tanks.

I just want force pull and something that could do 30m range damage anything not tied to reckless this 10m only bs drives me crazy. Force speed just doesn't cut it when you get knocked off a bridge its like oh well stand wave and dance at the ball carrier in huttball.

Step 1: pop recklessness

Step 2: cast lightning at 30m

Step 3: Wait for cooldown

Step 4: cast lightning again at 30m with your second recklessness charge.

Problem solved.

Step 3 sit with your hnds in your pocket as you just wasted your biggest dps boost doing little meh damage its pathetic.

Assassins can stealth in huttball and stand in a strategic possition to get a pass from the huttball carrier. Cant tell how many times I have run half the map and then thrown the ball to a stealthed asassin ready to score for our team.

Step 3 sit with your hnds in your pocket as you just wasted your biggest dps boost doing little meh damage its pathetic.

Fine, slash somebody near by. who cares, this thread was about the range of lightning at 30m and we have it already.

And as far as meh damage, I'm not sure I follow you. I can stack up the bonuses on lightning...gathering darkness or whatever it's called, 3 stacks gives 25% damage bonus plus 12% self heal? I have seen it tick for about 1400 per tick, 4 times, that's 5.6k damage over 6 seconds, that's hardly 'meh' although certainly not top dps of all classes.

Add some surge to the mix, and it'll be higher on crits. I'm not sure why you have to be so hating on force lightning.

Assassins can stealth in huttball and stand in a strategic possition to get a pass from the huttball carrier. Cant tell how many times I have run half the map and then thrown the ball to a stealthed asassin ready to score for our team.

Wasn't that a ops? lol Nothing special or a jug using intercede so many ways to do a similar method by other classes.

I get knocked off and I am sol trying to find a straggler and nothing I can do much else but hope some else falls and is close lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

Wasn't that a ops? lol Nothing special or a jug using intercede so many ways to do a similar method by other classes.

I get knocked off and I am sol trying to find a straggler and nothing I can do much else but hope some else falls and is close lol.

Bad at PvP is bad. Join Krath and run until you see a toon named Mavan (imperial) and watch this Assassin rip up a whole warzone. Wait till the end, look at her Kill vs Death ratio and tell me Assassin is not good for pvp. You sir are just failing at failing.

Also Recklessness is NOT your biggest dps boost(depending on spec). Heck the T1 Deception talent to regen force 25% faster in and just out of stealth is a MUCH bigger DPS boost, but then you would have to know how to play to take advantage of such things.

Edited by Notannos
rude

Anyone playing a deception sin saves reck for discharge and shock man dude find someone else to troll. Its basic decept sin 101 lol blow reck and relics and adrenals on your discharge and shock if you want that bang for buck silly rabbit trolls are for kids.

Oh I forget ur the I can 2x my dps just using my healing companion still can't stop laughing at that one.

Edited by LordbishopX

Oh I forget ur the I can 2x my dps just using my healing companion still can't stop laughing at that one.

Im the TALOS dps is 2x as good when his channeled abilities is turned off guy.

If your deception ... and dont have the T1 talent to regen 25% more force, your a tool. If you do THIS IS A BIGGER DPS INCREASE THAN RECKLESSNES!

Not saying it is not good, it is. But you spouting it is the biggest dps increase is the most worthless dribble ever spewed on these forums. Its RNG for peet sake.

PS. it is also good for tankasins. Stacked with enrgize is a 100% crit w/ 30% crit bonus dmg :p

Edited by Notannos
rude

I read just find maybe you fail at simple math I quote you again.

Let me spell this out slowy for you very very slowly.

6) If it takes 2 mins to kill a group of 5 before doing this but less than a minute with this set up and both leave me at FULL HP. Which is the gimped now :)

Lets see you state your kill speed is 2 min and reduces to less than 1 min. Funny if it takes a person 1 min to kill another 2 x that amounts what is that? I have a reading problem really??? Maybe our schools are that bad....

I didn't change a thing maybe MATH is your issue not mine reading is fundamental fo sure lol. If your gonna troll attack me at least make some kind of sense lol.

Edited by LordbishopX

I think.......hmmmm....yea lets go with stop crying about the way Bioware designed classes and learn how to play it before you start making posts crying about abilitys you dont have and buffs you think you should get. If your having a problem playing a Sin in team fights and think you are underpowered you are 100% playing the class wrong because I get 10+ medals every game, have 18k health, do 300k damage and die maybe once an entire warzone so I am astonished that people are COMPLAINING about our class being underpowered. You ladies and gentlemen are out of your minds.

I play assassin as well and the only thing i can say is that its frustrating when other classes have spammable skills that hit harder then skills we have globals for. Energy consumption can be tricky at times but that just comes with a lot of playing and getting a feel for what to use when. I cant count the times I have been merc'd by a trooper or a sniper at 30 yards range with my vanish on CD and I cant do jack about it, or having a fire dot on from the pvp grenade and wasting a vanish cause I wasnt paying close enough attention.

The Sorc class has 2 abilities which I like to think are 2 in 1, they have a bubble that absorbs close to 3k dmg on a 30s cd and does AoE stun when specc'd into and an AoE knock back that roots players... seriously? those 2 skills in itself are devistating to melee in a pvp situation. in my personal opinion assassins dmg is fine we just need better CC abilities

Edited by Accaccia

To have that stun, they need to go far down the Telekinetics/Lightning tree. Doing so is a pretty significant pvp nerf right now, as Balance/Madness are DEFINITELY superior in most PVP instances (primarily due to the fact that they focus on buffing survivability, CC, and instant abilities).

Yeah, when their shield breaks they get a 2s stun. But everything else about the spec is less powerful in PVP.

Anyway, Shadows/Assassins are definitely powerful in PVP right now, Huttball especially. When players know what they are doing, they absolutely tear up the place. Stealth gives them the ability to traverse the field that other players don't have. As one poster already pointed out, if you coordinate 2 or 3 Shadows, you can very easily plan out extremely quick goals. And even if you do get enemies on you, a shift into Combat Technique buffs your defenses to tank levels (but you can use a dps technique to take out the carriers).

Force Speed helps you close the gap to an enemy extremely well. It also helps mitigate the effects of the Huttball. You have an awesome snare, multiple ways to interrupt. Some of the best CC in the game. You have amazing utility (you ARE using Mass Mind Control, right?)

Finally, because of Project, you actually have a strong dps options when outside of melee range. Knights only have one option when in that zone, and it costs focus (which they may not have). If you are Balanced Spec, you might even have the option of an instant Mind Crush.

All of the top PVPers on my server are Shadows.

You need to learn how to play your class. I don't mean that as an insult, it's the truth. PVP requires people to actually learn their class' limits. You don't have dps options in the 10m-30m range. So the question you should be asking yourself is whether or not you have good tools to get into that range, what skills you have to help your team, and what skills you have that will allow for a nice synergy with the warzone objectives.

I play a darkness sin, 50 valor. I can't believe no one has mentioned Force Pull, I mean, you get knocked off a platform, force pull. Force pull the ball carrier as long as he isn't full resolve. Plus its 100% your fault if you get knocked off a platform, don't fight with your backs to the side and I guarantee that will cut down on knockbacks by like 80%.

All I ever hear coming to these forums is deception sins crying about everything in pvp. Maybe that spec is just not made for it? But don't lump all of Assassins into your crying cuz darkness/madness sins are fine. Please go reroll as an IA.

And 1 more thing, if you do get knock off a platform to make it even you could just force cloak back to stealth so no one wins.

I play a darkness sin, 50 valor. I can't believe no one has mentioned Force Pull, I mean, you get knocked off a platform, force pull. Force pull the ball carrier as long as he isn't full resolve. Plus its 100% your fault if you get knocked off a platform, don't fight with your backs to the side and I guarantee that will cut down on knockbacks by like 80%.

All I ever hear coming to these forums is deception sins crying about everything in pvp. Maybe that spec is just not made for it? But don't lump all of Assassins into your crying cuz darkness/madness sins are fine. Please go reroll as an IA.

And 1 more thing, if you do get knock off a platform to make it even you could just force cloak back to stealth so no one wins.

As full deception I dream of having a force pull just the way it is Ilike deception but it gets the shaft.