Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Classes > Sage / Sorcerer
Please buff sorc heal or give us better tacticals

Opiklo
01.22.2020 , 08:06 AM | #31
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahwassa View Post
I know the parsely numbers. But single target on a dummy means nothing.
In Ops a merc has more aoe and single target because he has a good tactical.

Sorcs can use "luck always changes" or the time one. But is it too much to ask to get a good class related one?
(And please calm down before you write. Your poor heart. Itīs just a game.)
sustained single target means nothing?

ok i am done talkin to you
Loveskephess Legacy on Satele Shan (Team Schranke)
Neidmeer / Alpentraumpilger / Cartel Market Warlordz on Tulak Hord

Darkchip
01.22.2020 , 05:19 PM | #32
But the thing is he isn't wrong.

Sorcs have always been the old school single target healers, you needed someone back to full health quick you called a sorc now you call a merc, you need AoE well both the merc and ops have us beat and always have, keeping people alive again mercs with their kolto shells do a better job their our shields since they can just spam them out and reapply whenever they want we have to wait until the debuff is off before we can put it on and even then other then taking like 1 hit it doesn't give a benfit for having it on anyone but ourselfs in ether reflecting a bit of damage or healing us where the kolto shell heals them.

in the best case if we didn't have to worry about other people and just heal one person without having to waste force on the shield and switching targets then yeah we are fine but thats just it in a bubble we are fine but in actual use no we get trounced on by both of them, i got 1 of each healer up to 75 full gear and tacts and still i hate healing on the sorc more then any other because the stress of trying to keep people alive is just that much greater.

On the merc i have so much just raw power and mobility that it's crazy that people havn't just all moved to the mercs yet as they not only get kolto shell which helps a crap ton as you don't have to worry to much about people if they have it but you also get kolto missle which is a amazing ability that does good upfront healing to a group but also leaves behind a really good AoE heal in the area, you get emergancy scan which i've had crit for way more then even a bouncing roaming mend and on top of that you then get a insta healing scan which can crit for nearly the same amount as well as them having their supercharged gas which makes their healing scans cheaper but also gives them a extra 5% healing power while it lasts and its super easy to get back.

For ops you got your kolto probes which just give good cheap heals to everyone and stacks 2 times, they have nanotech a good smart heal, kolto waves another amazing AoE that craps on our healing doughnut and is cheaper, a spamable good heal that refreshs our probes, the infusion does good up frount healing as well as applying a good hot and they have koltoinjection a heal that can do wicked crazing amounts of healing.

Not to mention they both have really good tacticals and set bonus that help them do their healing even better while we sorcs got what 2 tacticals that do the opistite of each other and a few sets that bearly do anything face it we got screwed again just like we always do, i tend to always play force users because starwars but even now i would play ether of the other healers over a sorc anyday.

Gyronamics
01.22.2020 , 05:57 PM | #33
Quote: Originally Posted by Darkchip View Post
Sorcs have always been the old school single target healers
Ah if you want to talk old school...

...you didn't make an operation in meaningful content back in the day without sorc healers because not only did they have the best resources for healing anyone up they also had the best by far aoe healing.

Sure you could take other healers.

Just as long as you had enough sorc healers to start off with. Otherwise it was needlessly difficult.

That was oldschool and it's not something to hold up as a gem of balance.
Hotwired

Niman, Tomb of Freedon Nadd, The Red Eclipse, Darth Malgus

2011 - The Immortals, The Lumberjacks, Nano, Not Good Enough, Disciples of Babylon, Salt Miners - 2018

Ahwassa
02.18.2020 , 01:59 AM | #34
Since itīs obvious that we wonīt get better tacticals here are my suggestions how to make the 3 existing ones better.

All for One
- Revivification heals more the less allies it heals.
- 1 player = 960 %, 2 players = 410 %, ..., 8 players = 80 %
- Revivifications doesnīt use up the Reverse Corruption stacks

One for All
- Revivification heals more for each ally it affects.
- 8 players = 120 % etc
- Revivifications doesnīt use up the Reverse Corruption stacks

Storm’s Succor
Damaging an enemy with Volt Rush causes your ally with the lowest health (in 30 m radius) to be healed, scaling with how many Energized charges you have. The last charge doesnīt cost force.

Sandrosw
02.18.2020 , 04:36 AM | #35
By now I would even use a general tactical item based on :

Overwhelming Offense
Dealing damage increases all damage done for 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

something like:

Overwhelming Treatment
Healing an ally or yourself increases all healing done for 2 seconds. Stacks up to 5 times.

See, it is a general tactical, not a sorcerer specific, so maybe if everyone can have it then sorcs can have something useful too?

The idea of voltaic rush tactical change is great, I tried so much to get it working as it is now, but even on "easy" bosses like nim nefra - where people are kinda static with positioning, so you should be able to make it heal the person you want - it usually healed no one (4 out of 6 volt rushes did nothing) and the 2 times it worked it decided to heal my co-healer, who was not really damaged, instead of tanks that were below 80% of health... so I cannot justify using it anywhere where tacticals should matter.

For the Revivification ones - both would be welcome changes, but... All for One is usually better than One For All already when not in ops group, and in ops group I am usually happy if I manage to hit 4-5 people with Revivification, so the cut point imo should be that both perform same at 4 people cap, with All for One drastically increasing effectivness for 2 and 1 target, while One for All being a bit more linear.
For example:
All for One - (1) 500% (2) 250% (3) 150% (4) 125% (5) 100% (6) 90% (7) 80% (8) 70%
One for All - (1) 50% (2) 75% (3) 100% (4) 125% (5) 150% (6) 175% (7) 200% (8) 225%
But the idea of them not using the Reverse Corruption stacks is neat.

A food for thought - how about a tactical that just makes Consuming Darkness be off GCD when player has Force Surge stack? It would not affect healing output directly - no heals would heal for more, so it would not make for example Raptus challenge less challenging - but it would eliminate "downtime" when you spend up to 3 GCDs not healing, just standing there and creating some force, while it would still retain the mechanics of the Innervate used a lot to create those stacks and would not completely trivialize Force management (because we would need those stacks, and being able to use more skills means more Force lost). It would be possible to heal during time when we now do nothing except for creating some force, which would directly increase our hps without actually increasing any of our healing skills specifically. It would also synergize with the Empowered Restorer set - it would be possible to burn down Force Surge stacks to create a stack of Consuming Darkness "on demand" just before using Dark Heal could make this set much more viable.

Oh well.. I guess I will stop here, we could think up so many nice tacticals, and it makes me only sad when playing the game knowing what we have and what we brought up as improvements...
Darth Marr shall rise again.

Prepare for His return

BanPearson
02.18.2020 , 05:58 AM | #36
Quote: Originally Posted by Sandrosw View Post
how about a tactical that just makes Consuming Darkness be off GCD when player has Force Surge stack?
Good idea! The tactical could make it work like the old "Noble Sacrifice" in the "OP Sorc heal" days.

In general it would be good to have tacticals that bring back one thing each that used to be OP, such as improving Resplendence effect for any following ability. Not necessarily to the full power of "OP Sorc heal" days, just enough to be on par with Rocket Fuel Vapors. More crit to Healing Trance/Innervate, less force consumed by Salvation etc.

Sandrosw
02.18.2020 , 06:17 AM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by BanPearson View Post
Good idea! The tactical could make it work like the old "Noble Sacrifice" in the "OP Sorc heal" days.

In general it would be good to have tacticals that bring back one thing each that used to be OP, such as improving Resplendence effect for any following ability. Not necessarily to the full power of "OP Sorc heal" days, just enough to be on par with Rocket Fuel Vapors. More crit to Healing Trance/Innervate, less force consumed by Salvation etc.
I haven't been around in those days,because I started playing after both KOTFE and KOTET were out, so I only really saw one set on healer before 6.0 I had no idea this existed before. But yeah, if it was there before and was liked, but too OP, it can now be brought back as tactical, but changed so it is in line with other healer classes tacticals - people and developers probably know what made it too OP and change it to be strong, but not stupidly overpowered.

Prepare for His return

Ahwassa
Yesterday , 05:34 AM | #38
So we probably get a new set bonus. I hope that it is REALLY overpowered and that it stays that way for 5 months.

But what about 2 new tacticals. Roaming Mend + 1? Devs?

Sandrosw
Yesterday , 09:35 AM | #39
If it is The Unyielding Protector as it was on PTS - I considered this to be more of a PvP healer set? I mean, I can see that being good in arenas, but I am not interested in PvP much (probably because I just don't get any satisfaction killing other players, I guess it is a female thing - I prefer cooperation with them). And PvP sorc healers really could use something for them. I would not use it in MM OPS content, as it does not bring anything to help with Force management and having longer cooldown of Innervate would be too much of a trade-off for a set that can be used once per 3 minutes at best. It could maybe shine in some very specific phases IF (a very big IF) the provided barrier and healing would be really big - maybe then on something like Titan 6 burn it could be fun to pop it, but I cannot imagine for example Dread Council or Styrak burn with this set - the barrier lasts too short and greater cooldown of Innervate would probably mean my hps would not be enough to even get to this phase.

Of course they might have changed it from what it was doing to something completely else, but it looked interesting - 4pc Force Barrier puts a barrier on nearby allies, absorbing XXX damage for up to XX seconds and granting them an additional 25% elemental reduction while active - 6pc Activating Force Barrier heals all allies around.

Unrelated, I really liked the new jugg set bonus For the sorc one - I wrote it off as a probably decent set for arenas, as from what I remember I used god bubble in pvp often, and it was annoying that when I did I could not help any of my team mates - now it would help a lot it seems! But in PvE in MM Opses I tend to use god bubble at very specific situations (the ultimate aggro drop on every add, surviving Kelsara's Doom, surviving a big hit from bosses that randomly switches targets in burn...) and often times I would not be able to use it as a group heal reliably. But I think I will collect the set anyway to check it and maybe use in some easy SM/HM content just for fun.

On a positive note (maybe) - I have no information about changes to tactical items, so we can still hope that for PvE sorc healer there will be something - and if they get worse, well... we already use the generic ones often anyway, so no big deal... it is not like we can actually get a nerf here

Prepare for His return