New Cinematic Trailer

Rekar

Are we gonna get a new cinematic trailer for the new expansion?

I don't think they were given the funds this time around, otherwise the cinematic would have been presented during the expansion reveal to help build up hype.

Edited by Trollokdamus

I don't think they were given the funds this time around, otherwise the cinematic would have been presented during the expansion reveal to help build up hype.

Well that sucks. I mean the garbage KOTET and KOTFE got one, and I assumed this would get one as well.

Well that sucks. I mean the garbage KOTET and KOTFE got one, and I assumed this would get one as well.

Yes, and KOTET/KOTFE turned out like garbage compared to the unadulterated excellence of their trailers.

I mean, Valkorian is set up like this uber bad***, and the moment you start playing KOTET, he dies. Yes he has a 'master plan,' but he's still dead. It was a huge letdown to have him go out so early, and to have the eventual confrontation against him occur as a force vision.

I guess I'd prefer them to sell the game based on content

KotFE and KotET were intended as SWTOR's "Hail Mary Pass". BioWare got a tremendous amount of funds on that compared to what they had before and nowadays. All the Cinematic's, the big Fan Fair at the start and the amount of restructuring within the games code itself. Unfortunately I believe its unlikely we'll see that level again of E.A. interest in SWTOR again soon. They "Bet the Farm" and most didn't like it. To get that amount of support again I think would be a more "In the spirit of SWTOR" venture.

No, and its expensive to make one. Also I dont think 6.0 is a large enough update to make one.

It had better be given all the build up they have given it.

If not plenty of people will be out. 6.0 is supposed to at least be expansion sized. It had better at least have as as much story as KOTET but given the time its taken really should at least be KoTFE sized. Ossus was a joke with it's 5 minutes of story. Even the traitor arc didn't have a lot of story it was just stretched out over a long time. They've been working on this thing forever.

Edited by Suzsi

Are we gonna get a new cinematic trailer for the new expansion?

Right now if we get some new material, a refreshed and rejuvenated PvP zone, a halfway decent story, a few dozen bugs squashed and reactivated companions that are ... well companions again (not just a block of wood) ...

We had better count our blessings!

Yeah .. I know ! But I think I'll wait until the release date first... then we'll see what shakes out !

I vote no. Some nice screenshots as teasers is fine. Don't waste money on anything that's not content. I'm getting wholeheartedly sick of the gear grind they've set up....

What you don't sub month after month wanting nothing more than a new gear grind for no reason?! Say it ain't so

• 3 months later...
Seems the overall consensus is no on a new cinematic trailer. Pity. Those were well done. Better than the game itself or even the movies for that matter. Ah well, hopefully 6.0 will have a good story to go with the renewed battle between the Empire and Republic. Something to justify the gear grinding I've been doing on Osus. :D