Social Points/Galactic Trade Markets Cantina's and YOU

Thyvokka

So like everyone else I have enjoyed the hell out of SWTOR from day one. Whats not to love? Great Story and Great Content and Lightsabers OH MAI!! However one thing has perplexed me. The integration of Social Points into the Game. Perhaps even let us trade in Social Items for Legacy XP. But I digress. You see the whole point of this post is to address some things that I think are missing from the game. I think that Perhaps SWTOR should look at making Cantina's what they were to the Star Wars universe... The Greasy Grimey Trade underbelly of the Universe. Where I can get a speeder or an old man and a farm boy can find a star ship and a swashbuckling Pirate and Pet his Wookie.

In a Nutshell Put the Trade Market IN the Cantina's Make them ALIVE and make them PVP.. Like in the Movies... This is a dangerous place, a seedy bustling place. Stay Close KID... Kind of Place. Also I would like to see Performances like dancing on stage and a BAND perform but also give social Points to those that Watch and to those that perform. This could add a whole new Dimension to the game.

Also I hope that SWTOR adds SIDEKICKING or as we like to put it in Star Wars APPRENTICING.. Where a low lvl character can be Apprenticed to a Higher lvl character and Run Instances with there friends.. This would SOLVE the I got my friends to play but we can't play together because I am too High a lvl Dilemma..

So those are the things I would like to see in the community. I think they would bring the players closer together and add a dimension of authentic Star Wars to the Game.

Thanks for Reading and MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU...

================================╠[[[[[_◊Ї_||₪≡≡₪||_Ї◊_]]]]╣======================================

In a Nutshell Put the Trade Market IN the Cantina's Make them ALIVE

Have you ever actually been to a GTN terminal on the fleet? 99% of the people there are just standing around, not moving, and not saying anything. Is this your vision of "alive?" In fact, if you've been paying attention, you'll notice that daily quests terminals, GTN terminals, the appearance kiosk, and the like all take longer to load. Assets seem to take significantly longer to load when there's 100 people standing in one spot. I do not see this as an improvement to the cantinas.

Edited by HaoZhao

I've thought about this very subject myself. The cantinas in this game seem to be useless. (XP bonus doesn't count.) At least in Kotor, there was something to do in them. You could pick up a quest, play a game of pazaak, and do a race.

In this game there seems to be no reason to go in one. It's a community killer in my opinion. Can I think of any solutions to this subject? I can, but I don't know how valid or well thought out they might be because of the resources and dev time that would need to go into implementing them. Regardless I'll give it a shot and a quick brainstorm.

- Dueling in cantinas with the option of some sort of bet by the participating duelists and/or bets by observing players nearby.

- Some kind of community game(s) that can be played in Cantinas. Pazzak from Kotor comes to mind.

- Random quests that can be picked up through conversations with NPCs in the cantina to take place in the Cantina itself. (Puzzle related in nature.)

-Betting of any kind?

Just throwing some ideas out there.

Mmm...

Lots of terrific ideas, and I love the main concept.

Mentorship/Apprentorship would be an issue with me, because it can be gamed or abused. In other games, where they do so, I see people of low levels paying, etc high levels to get into their missions and get ubber drops well above their levels and ubber exp thus progressing at fast rates. The problem with "power-leveling" is that you start seeing key classes such as tanks and healers demanding the group to accept a low guildie or not among the ranks to do the heroic or flashpoint, the lowbie is mostly eye candy with regards to real effectiveness in the mission and tends to ruin it for the other players.

I support the mentor down suggestion, so the lowbie does not get power leveled, but do scale up the experience for the high leveled player being temporarely down-sized.

We need more controlled sequencial emotes or programable routines so we could actually do performances at the cantina or other social places, and if we do well, we get player "votes" which translates into social points.

Not sure I want to see Cantina's turned into PvP and see high levels griefing low levels. Perhaps have the challenge/duel rule system operate here., to allow for colorforness.

Sue