Healer hybrid - Kinetic collapse?

sanchito

Hi guys

I'm looking for some input on whether it makes sense for a healer to have 2 points in Kinetic collapse (talking PVP only, my whole spec doesn't work in PVE). I'm on the fence because

a) It's awesome for staying alive, especially against melee with leap and in combination with Force wake (First attack ->stun, rebubble, 2nd attack -> stun, bubble on cd, 3rd attack knockback w/ root). Getting it has massively reduced the amount i die in a WZ

b) It fills resolve, and since as a healer, i spam bubble on everyone, the majority of the enemy team will have high resolve, and in a completely uncontrolled way

alternatives would be 6% willpower or +2% crit and 2% reduced damage from Serenity

I'd appreciate any input, thanks :-)

full spec 21/20/0 (or 23/18/0 , 21/18/2 ?)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRMd0zZfcbMzRr.1

I tested something very similar but Telekinetic Effusion doesn't work very well together with healing as it only procs on Force Attacks that Crits but does NOT include Weaken Mind. This means you need to cast a whole load of Disturbance to make it happen, meanwhile the Tidal Force proc isn't impressive either, 30% is very low and unreliable. Nothing wrong with it as such though, but it does mean you will be healing less while you try and spam Disturbance etc.

Now if Telekinetic Effusion had worked with Weaken Mind it would have allowed for some very interesting builds.

Others might not agree though, the build is roughly what others have suggested before maybe with one exception:

Wisdom ability that gives +6% Presence is pointless - if you're going for Tidal Force you might as well buff the damage to Telekinectic Wave by taking Psychic Suffusion.

Edited by Cormacus

Hi guys

I'm looking for some input on whether it makes sense for a healer to have 2 points in Kinetic collapse (talking PVP only, my whole spec doesn't work in PVE). I'm on the fence because

a) It's awesome for staying alive, especially against melee with leap and in combination with Force wake (First attack ->stun, rebubble, 2nd attack -> stun, bubble on cd, 3rd attack knockback w/ root). Getting it has massively reduced the amount i die in a WZ

b) It fills resolve, and since as a healer, i spam bubble on everyone, the majority of the enemy team will have high resolve, and in a completely uncontrolled way

alternatives would be 6% willpower or +2% crit and 2% reduced damage from Serenity

I'd appreciate any input, thanks :-)

full spec 21/20/0 (or 23/18/0 , 21/18/2 ?)

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#600GGMRMd0zZfcbMzRr.1

That's fairly close to what I've been running - several points are different but the intent is the same.

I have a blast with it.

so do you guys use the exploding bubble? (kinetic collapse) What do you think of it in pvp?

Also absolutely agree with having a blast, i especially like the fact that i have to do damage to keep my force up, it's awesome to try to squeeze out 1 tele throw extra during the healing rotation, and with the tidal force proc ready there's a surprising amount of burst dmg for a healer :-)

Edited by sanchito

Wisdom ability that gives +6% Presence is pointless - if you're going for Tidal Force you might as well buff the damage to Telekinectic Wave by taking Psychic Suffusion.

I was wondering if I was the only person that thought Wisdom was kind of "meh."

I'm not a big PvPer, but I've seen other people complain about the lack of control over Resolve when using Kinetic Collapse. Your bubble has to be one of your most important PvP 'heals'... but ends up having the clear downside on resolve, particularly when you're using it on several players on your side.

It's one of those things that people seem to either love or hate. I suspect that it depends a bit on how solo oriented or group oriented you are in PvP. Some people seem to play PvP as though they were soloers and it would make sense that such people would tend toward wanting Kinetic Collapse, because of its obvious benefits in melee defence.

But some people prefer to really play co-operatively as a group and work together tactically... and you may find that these players prefer not to have Kinetic Collapse. Such group oriented PvPers, are probably getting a lot more support with Guards and peels from their group too though... so they may find the melee defence benefits to be less compelling anyway.

On the whole, I'd guess that healers will tend to be more group-oriented.

X

It's not bad. The downside is that it doesn't play as well with multiple sages. It can be great at times, especially if you play with people that don't break cc. The bubble can add resolve but the amount it adds is just over 25%. A knockback is about a third of a bar and some of the longer stuns are 2 thirds or more.

Cool thread and has me wanting to give this a shot when I level up a little more. Healing sages in pvp are rare as hens teeth on our server (fatman). So maybe the risks of max'd out resolve bars would be a little less but its all good points. Even still if someone has a max'd resolve bar it negates all your good cc talents until you can wait for his bar to drop a little I'm guessing. I really miss my Holy Priest from that other MMO and this sounds like it could be fun in similar ways.

Sages rock, wrote a guide, check sig.

Yes, multiple sages suck.

just found you can proc kinetic collapse yourself by right clicking the buff off, this is possibly abuseable... Like giving anyone on your team a mini mez aoe. Wonder if you can click it off in stealth? I dont see why not. Mehehehehhhe.

I use a hybrid healing build 22/17/2 and yes I find "kinetic collapse" very usefull for survivability, You lose salvation but in my opinion its more fun to play...the truth is that healing numbers are far lower without salvation but you can stay alive to keep your teamates bubbled/Hot and top them off as needed. I pvp alot (full BM) and really theres is always a melee chasing me around so this build works for that. Just my 2 cents :)

Quick update, stealthers can click off the collapse and get the mez without losing stealth, although is of little use, since sap usually works better. You can also click it off yourself while mezzed, this is marginally more useful.

Haha funny that you mention this, i just found out that you can manually detonate it a few days back, and am now pretty sure that it's good to have kinetic collapse :-)