LI HM Guide

I like the little animation you have for explaining Sentinel Droid :p.

With MDPS now, i think the option that I'd use now is Tank him on the middle platform and make sure the MDPS/Healer that gets the marker runs to the outside to drop a ball.

Effectively combines the best of both worlds in that the DPS can interrupt Incinerate and the Tank doesn't have to move.

Relies on everyone being on their feet though.

EDIT:

Further stuff that could be tweaked:

Lorrick

- The Tank can LOS kite behind the Tank during "I have a few tricks up my sleeve", as long as he has aggro (taunt him beforehand) you can run around the Tank and make sure Lorrick can't see you... this lets MDPS still wail on him and means you're less likely to get him by him simply spinning (since he doesn't throw them if he can't see you).

- Alternatively one of our Tanks simply strafes him (so goes one way unti lhe throws, then instantly changes direction). This leaves him facing one direction so the DPS don't have to worry.

- I wouldn't recommend moving as a group for the Green goop... since it's a stacking DoT and it's thrown out on the other party members, having multiple AoEs thrown on you get hit with multiple stacks more easily.

Edited by vdbswong

Finnaly got it to work and nice job on it. The only thing I would point out with it is duing phase 2 where you stated "During Lorricks 'mutatation' everyone should run back to the door they entered". There has been multiple times where I have seen tanks do this and as a result, Lorrick decides to reset himself back to his starting position and at full health during the fight. The worst one I saw was when we got him down to about 5% and he reset himself. My suggestion would be to head to the other side of the room over by Kolto Tank 1 and have it tanked at the Red Door. I have yet to see Lorrick reset from that position. Edited by haliy

Finnaly got it to work and nice job on it. The only thing I would point out with it is duing phase 2 where you stated "During Lorricks 'mutatation' everyone should run back to the door they entered". There has been multiple times where I have seen tanks do this and as a result, Lorrick decides to reset himself back to his starting position and at full health during the fight. The worst one I saw was when we got him down to about 5% and he reset himself. My suggestion would be to head to the other side of the room over by Kolto Tank 1 and have it tanked at the Red Door. I have yet to see Lorrick reset from that position.

Or just run to the closest wall you have... it doesn't really matter where he's Tanked so long as you have your back to a wall.

There has been multiple times where I have seen tanks do this and as a result, Lorrick decides to reset himself back to his starting position and at full health during the fight. [~] My suggestion would be to [~] have it tanked at the Red Door. I have yet to see Lorrick reset from that position.

Awesome, I'll add that in; thanks!

I like the little animation you have for explaining Sentinel Droid :p.

Thanks =P

With MDPS now, i think the option that I'd use now is Tank him on the middle platform and make sure the MDPS/Healer that gets the marker runs to the outside to drop a ball.

That's certainly an option; but I think it adds another unnecessary 'element' to the fight for people learning/starting out.

I think it's already difficult enough for everyone with incinerate... I've also hinted at it by saying 'in 1.4, people can move away from the group when they recieve the white AOE' (or something along those lines)

The Tank can LOS kite behind the Tank during "I have a few tricks up my sleeve", as long as he has aggro (taunt him beforehand) you can run around the Tank and make sure Lorrick can't see you...[~] this lets MDPS still wail on him and means you're less likely to get hit by him simply spinning

- Alternatively one of our Tanks simply strafes him (so goes one way unti lhe throws, then instantly changes direction). This leaves him facing one direction so the DPS don't have to worry.

Awesome, didn't know that, thanks - I'll add it in

I wouldn't recommend moving as a group for the Green goop... since it's a stacking DoT and it's thrown out on the other party members, having multiple AoEs thrown on you get hit with multiple stacks more easily.

True, hadn't thought of that

I was sitting here thinking that I haven't seen anyone from Death Dealers for quite a while... until I remembered I haven't played my imp characters for a long time. Doh.

Unless I missed it when I was reading, Lorrick's second phase (40% to 10%) seems noticeably absent from the guide. It's pretty straightforward to be sure (KB/CC adds, interrupt Ravage) but I would still think it warrants a mention.

The only other thing I can think to add is that if you overgear it a decent bit, you can three-man it :p

Edited by Aurojiin

• 2 weeks later...
Nice guide

The spoiler tabs only work on putrid and lorrick for me so i cant read the rest. any suggestions to get it working?

Cheers

That's odd... Maybe try a different browser?

Works fine for me on Firefox

- Also thanks for all the feedback everyone!

Edited by CharcoaI

I don't see any mention of the burning rakghouls during the Doctor Lorrick fight. Those should be avoided, not DPSed, as they go away when he turns into a rakghoul. However, they do stun.

I note also that the stacks of green goo can be cleansed, which is handy if the melee dps have managed to acquire 14 or something by running through it after him.

Satchel charge cannot be cleansed, but it can be avoided by always standing behind him. Melee dps need not run away so long as they are careful that his back is to them.

Good guide, but Lorrick actually has 3 phases, sort of. When you get him to 50% or so, he stops triggering kolto tanks and a bunch of burning raks drop down from the ceiling and crawl around. They will do heavy damage and CC group members, so they need to be kited/knocked back. They move slowly, and they all die when Lorrick goes into his final (rakghoul) phase, but you really have to avoid them for the time being.

Unless I missed it when I was reading, Lorrick's second phase (40% to 10%) seems noticeably absent from the guide. It's pretty straightforward to be sure (KB/CC adds, interrupt Ravage) but I would still think it warrants a mention.

In addition (unless they changed it, haven't run LI in a while), the flame trail that the flaming rakghouls leave should be avoided. Another quick note is that it appears as though the flaming rakghouls also have a predetermined target when they spawn, meaning if they aren't targeting you (seen in target of target screen) then you can ignore them.

Note about LR-5, it was mentioned that OP "believes" incinerate can be cleansed, unless 1.4 brought a change to this (which wasn't mentioned in patch notes) it can be cleansed, though if your tank gets 3 stacks there is a good chance he or she is dead anyway.

Finally a quick note about the final phase on Lorrick, when returning to a wall, if you return to the wall from which you entered, you need to make sure you are on the wall not the door. The door has bugged out before and not prevented you from being knocked back, sending you into the hall and resetting the encounter.

I also noticed the absence of the flaming Rakghoul phase of Lorrick. On top of KB/avoiding the adds, the group must be aware of Lorrick's AoE stun, leap, Ravage combo and interrupt Ravage ASAP.

Its also worth noting with the Rakghoul Medics that they do become uninterruptable once they reach about 30% so stuns should be saved for that point.

Transgenic Sample 7 (the one you skip) hits like a Mack truck and targets randomly when he has the "bleeding eye" debuff. Everyone should stack nearby if you decide to fight him. He has low HP so goes down pretty quick. He occasionally drops the Midnight Rakling and Orosquab egg. I've also seen the egg drop off LR-5 and the Rakling off Sav-Rak.

Transgenic Sample 11 (the bonus boss) is a tank and spank with a periodic movement phase. During that phase everyone needs to kite a series of circles where icicles will fall from the ceiling causing damage and a larger AoE snare. Important that everyone stays away from each other during that phase. He drops a Columi implant.

LR-5's soft enrage has 2 stages. First all of the lava grates will spew lava this is your warning for the horrible soft enrage. Shortly after he will start dropping spheres on the tank at full size. I've yet to see him hard enrage but have tanked him through the soft enrage for about 30 seconds before.

Otherwise that was an excellent guide. Love the diagrams and animations. I'll definitely be referring my guildies to it.

• 2 months later...