Star Wars vs WH40K

Archereon

just randomly looking around and saw this - not sure if its a good interpretation on what WH40k ship sizes are

http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/227502-warhammer-40k40000

Is it just me or the ship that is half the sieze of the space marine ship a driod command ship?

If that is the cast how the hell did it get larger then a star destroyer?

On side note star wars would beat 40K using there most powerfull weapon.

Diplomacy^^

I terms of firepower ship sieze and weapons 40k is the top dog.

But i dont see the imperium of man winning a battle of words.

Senator: join the republic, we are all nice people.

Imperial gaurd:But the imperium would kill us if we did.

Jedi: you shoud master your fear.

Comissar: master this traitor(shoots at the jedi)

Jedi doge the bullet:* mind trick* you dont want to hurt me.

Commansar: but i do want to kill you.

Jedi strike commansar down.

Jedi:There is nothing to fear for those who embrace the force.

Imperial gaurdmen: execpt space marine's elder tyrdanid nercons etc etc.

Jedi: And because you fear them they rule over you rather then you over yourself.

Imperial gaurd: while i suppos but how are we to fight the imperium.

Jedi: The battle will be hard and bloody but if we are victories you will free your people from a reign of fear and power abuse...dont you want to be part of that?

Imperial gaurd: i suppos so.

Rebelion started:D

Edited by internaty

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On side note star wars would beat 40K using there most powerfull weapon.

Diplomacy^^

I terms of firepower ship sieze and weapons 40k is the top dog.

But i dont see the imperium of man winning a battle of words.

Senator: join the republic, we are all nice people.

Imperial gaurd:But the imperium would kill us if we did.

Jedi: you shoud master your fear.

Comissar: master this traitor(shoots at the jedi)

Jedi doge the bullet:* mind trick* you dont want to hurt me.

Commansar: but i do want to kill you.

Jedi strike commansar down.

Jedi:There is nothing to fear for those who embrace the force.

Imperial gaurdmen: execpt space marine's elder tyrdanid nercons etc etc.

Jedi: And because you fear them they rule over you rather then you over yourself.

Imperial gaurd: while i suppos but how are we to fight the imperium.

Jedi: The battle will be hard and bloody but if we are victories you will free your people from a reign of fear and power abuse...dont you want to be part of that?

Imperial gaurd: i suppos so.

Rebelion started:D

Guardsman: We now fight for the Republic.

Inquisitor: Really now....

*Orders Exterminatus*

Inquisitor: I'm sorry little guardsman, I couldn't hear you over the sound of the entire planet being destroyed.

Plus no Republic or Imp ship would be able to do anything in 40k space.

The planets are that far apart and the universe so large that Warp travel is the only way to go.

Considering no Republic or Imp ship could enter the Warp without being torn apart by Chaos then by the time they reached mankinds part of the universe they would have died from old age.

That is assuming they managed to travel without bumping into any Battle Barges, Guard ships, Hive Fleets, Necron Pyramids, Ork hulks, Eldar ships or Dark Eldar outriders.

If I was in the Republic or Imp travelling through the 40k universe I would be praying I bumped into anything but the Dark Eldar ... at least then you would get a quick death and not prolonged torture that ended up with you having your souls consumed.

Honestly, SW vs 40k would never be determined in a ground fight. Star Wars ships would never get to land troops.

Here is why...

Star Wars, as represented in canon, engages in combat between ranges of 10-50km max (Although planetary bombardment indicates a couple of hundred KM is max range.) In canon, 40k ships engage in the hundreds of thousands of KM, firing massive weapons at the opposing slow moving ships. Because Star Wars ships are a little more nimble, lets assume 40k has to close to 1000km to be effective... they are still sitting safely out of range of the SW ships which are forced to close a deadly gap before they can fire their first weapons.

Next point to assume, is that on the larger imperium ships, the captain and sometimes navigator, are hard wired INTO the ship... the astropath can not be signal jammed, and once the Imperium realizes that the SW ships have no fall back communications, they will pump out the white noise but still be coordinated with themselves.

Lunar class cruisers are actually pretty nimble, and designed to ram... and the Lances on an Emperor are devastating at massive ranges.

But the real kicker... some of the more ancient imperium ships have teleportoriums. They could just start sending over squads of Stormtroopers to take the ships from the inside, or to disable key equipment.

Star Wars is facing an uphill battle to even obtain orbital superiority.

Star Wars, any series, wins hands down no contest. Simple reasons;

1) WH40K weapons are ridiculously short-ranged, the Leman Russ Battlecannon only shoots about 150m. AT-ATs will have 10-15 turns (or whatever) of firing before the Russ's can even shoot back.

2) Rivets and bolts; NOTHING that's bolted/rivetted together can take even a modest hit without falling apart rapidly. The USSR Army of 1943 could waste the Imp Guard, let alone the SW Empire/Rep/Rebs...

Any SWv40K battle would be like Zulus vs (any modern army) fought on open plains at night.

1) WH40K weapons are ridiculously short-ranged, the Leman Russ Battlecannon only shoots about 150m. AT-ATs will have 10-15 turns (or whatever) of firing before the Russ's can even shoot back.

2) Rivets and bolts; NOTHING that's bolted/rivetted together can take even a modest hit without falling apart rapidly. The USSR Army of 1943 could waste the Imp Guard, let alone the SW Empire/Rep/Rebs...

Any SWv40K battle would be like Zulus vs (any modern army) fought on open plains at night.

really?

an AT-ST can't even resist being crushed by 2 logs which btw the logs suffer no damage.

Contrary to popular belief Star Wars weapons are actually incredibly weak.

A tie fighters weapons do just slightly more damage then a blaster rifle.

Example. R2D2 is hit with both a Tie Fighters guns and a blaster rifle, the Tie fighter does slightly more damage.

Now keep in mind a tie fighter is also a serious threat against capital ships

1) Baneblade's say hi and Titans popped in to wave.

2) Again, Baneblades say hi as do all the other super heavy tanks of the Warhammer universe.

You do know AT-AT's weapons would barely scratch the paint of Terminator armour never mind Dreadnaughts or heavy tanks. If they got a lucky shot on an Astartes in Terminator armour they might just knock him back a step ..... and then annoy him.

I won't even get into what a Hive Tyrant would do to an AT-AT.

The main weaponry of Star Wars is lasers and plasma swords. Neither of those would do any damage against regular Astartes Power Armour.

So we'll leave out Terminator Armour, Necrons, Carapace covered Tyranids (some of which are impervious to bolter rounds), Chaos legion armour that's imbued with the warp and the psychic imbued power armour of the Grey Knights.

Sorry for repeating myself but comparing a universe designed to be subtle to a universe designed to be brutal, dark and focus around the death of entire planetary sectors just for fun doesn't work out so well.

Rivets and bolts is not an argument. You are bringing our rules into a fictional one and it doesn't work that way.

Edited by Gomla

Hmm.. Sith guy who goes around running his mouth before he tries to force choke you.. Or Genestealer, who tries to either rip you apart or lay its eggs in you esophogus.. >.< Bro watch the cartoons, watch the shows.. All those critters are pretty much washouts from a Jim Hensen session.. The **** all over warhammer is ugly, its mean, an it will rip you from the inside out 10 ways from sunday.. I would love to see that lil green cripple yoda try a few hours in the EYE.. You think jackhole walking around in the tunnel was bad? Heh you bout to see what the real ' DARK SIDE ' looks like.. =)

While its obvious the Imperium would curbstomp pretty much any SW nation in a land war, Star Wars has one incredible advantage over 40k: It's FTL travel and communications are infinitely faster and more reliable than that of the Imperium.

In fact, Hyperdrives are so fast that Star Wars ships would be able to outmaneuver everyone in 40k besides the Necrons and Eldar, who, respectively, have the problems of most of their assets being inactive and having a really small population.

I'm not all that sure about how powerful 40k starships are, though from what I know they aren't that much more powerful than Star Wars ships if they're even more powerful at all.

Having such a huge mobility advantage also has the nice benefit of marginalizing the Space Marines outside of their home systems, and would pretty much allow a Star Wars power to go around sterilizing Agri worlds until all the Forge and Hive worlds were crippled by famine. It also makes Impeium forces particularly vulnerable to the effects of attrition, since they can't resupply their forces in a timely manner.

See the difference here, is why WH40k explains it's economy and democracy Star Wars goes out of it's way to ignore that side of the fluff. They just assume things like food water and fuel are plentiful and always availiable where as WH40K has people fighting for something other than ideology.

Mobility is not a problem here. You all base this on the fact that these two galaxies are very close to each other. The Imperium only has to send a fleet of ships to the core words (It will take time, but by the time they are there, the core worlds won't have anything to defend against) as the military strength of the Imperium is much more streonger than SW. All the Imperium has to do is to reinforce their worlds and wait for the Empire / Republic fleets to attack.

SW would lose.

Edited by siegedeluxe

It depends on how you want to compair.

I terms of sheer strenth of arms the 40K win without a doudt.

I terms of everything else.

Star wars.

Also i like to point out that imperial gaurd is the counter part of a storm trooper and not the space marine's,

Space marine's would have to be countered by commando's, dark troopers etc.

Now i terms of culture star wars would win.

And if we had to merge the two galaxie enemies wont stop fighting eatchother just because more are added.

While i dont doudt that ctan gods are powerfull there also starving any sith or jedi would simply let them starve.

The emperor is stuck to this throne and if however unlike he was assasinated it would disabled all imperium space travel where hyperdrive's still work.

Add to that while the space marine's are perhaps the deadly's warrior's in this topic they are xenophobic and close minded.

A jedi is open minded and seeks understanding and are thus able to gain countless of allies.

Now given the fact the imperial gaurd can surviver(with heavy losses) agains numberless threat's of space i dont doudt that the star wars troops can also survive agains the same threats(with the same losses).

And i cant stress this enought.

Space marine's are not equile to jedi.

They are great warrior's but so are dark trooper's commando's mandilorains(all beaten)

A jedi is not invicebol but is far more likely to survive purely because of the force guiding them.

Both jedi and sith are probley equal to a liberian/socceror.

Powerfull but not invicebol and more importaned there accauly smart.

Now as for the demons and the chaos powers.

The chaos powers are to busy killing eatchother to care for the meterial world and are unable to cross into the meterial realm without help.

i cant really say much on the chaos gods without playing the god card so i wont argue about them.

The tyranids are beated by sw the same way 40K beats them.

The necrons are like the trade federation(tho stronger weapons) and thus easy to beat using basic militery tatic's(all factions)

And the eldar are beaten by sw the same way 40K beats them.

Also all remains eatchothers enemies so you never know who might screw you next.

That said:

The short answer star wars is smarter while 40k is stronger.

On related note.

Borg(star trek) angels(real life) dimigods(me) god(the almighty) could beat the crap out of all the prenamed factions.

Space marines have ships that can disperse a planets atmosphere due to its size...i love both universes but super star destroyer is a toy compared to these ships. Chaos, @ the omment that chaos will just fight each other, no do you know anything that chaos does? They have daemons and infinite amounts of devotees at their hands ready to destroy at their masters wills. Not to mention the gods. Throw all the other 40k races in the star wars universe and you got total chaos. 40K would be the winner but then the races would resort to fighting each other again.

• 10 months later...

im sorry everyone but if 40k and Star wars came to blows then you might as well bury Star wars right now

their ships are bigger and their are more of them

they have THE most nastest armies in the gaming universes

the death star is nothing compaired to the both the power of the planet killer and the black stone fortrasses

and where Star Wars has marality the 40k universe has none they will give no quater and wouldnt want any in return

the only thing the 40k universe has known in the past 50 thousand years has been nothing but war and as such is more than geared up for it

now thatss just the imperial side of things the other side is that the other races in the 40k universe are all equal in the fact that they would be more than happy to rip the hear out of any enemy they came to blows with

(please forgive the spelling mistakes)

Edited by Warmaster_Vigor
needed to finish it

Space marines have ships that can disperse a planets atmosphere due to its size...i love both universes but super star destroyer is a toy compared to these ships. Chaos, @ the omment that chaos will just fight each other, no do you know anything that chaos does? They have daemons and infinite amounts of devotees at their hands ready to destroy at their masters wills. Not to mention the gods. Throw all the other 40k races in the star wars universe and you got total chaos. 40K would be the winner but then the races would resort to fighting each other again.

Again you asume 40k is going to focus on the star wars armies.

Between the imperial of man, chaos, tyranids, eldar, necro's and who know's what else killing eatchother.

It is quiet possibol for star wars to survive.

And if you read correctly i never said they could win militery speaking(second line)

The star wars universe much rely on staying below the threat radar until they can level the field.

Edited by internaty

Again you asume 40k is going to focus on the star wars armies.

Between the imperial of man, chaos, tyranids, eldar, necro's and who know's what else killing eatchother.

It is quiet possibol for star wars to survive.

And if you read correctly i never said they could win militery speaking(second line)

The star wars universe much rely on staying below the threat radar until they can level the field.

i was under the impression that it would be the 40k universe vs the Starwars one if so

then 40k will be bringing all the enemies of the imperium into the fray aswell, the armies of the imperium could just sit back and watch the carnage from orbit and let one of the other races do the ground pounding while they just happley sit their and watch the fun on the sirface of any planet they hit, having said that if the tyranids came out of the warp on any planet the space battle would be short and sweet as the average Tyranid fleet size consists of over 10,000 ships of all different shapes and sizes, the standing armies of the planet would be subdued in less that 3 days based on the fact that the SW fortifications arent as sturdy as the 40k ones, within an hour 2 million tryanid creatures would be on the planet and the atmosfear would start to turn toxic, and within 1 week the planet (unless considerable reinforments are sent to help) the planet is left as a lifeless rock with no air, water or dirt left on the planet sirface as they move onto their next target or targets depending on what the hive mind deems to happen after that first planet is destroyed

ok now if 40k hit the SW universe everyone thinks its going to be the imperium that will hit them first, lets say they sit it out and left to the other races to play with SW and in my previous post i mentioned the tyranids so this time im going go bring the Dark Eldar into the fray, the sith lords will know fear like nothing before a they find that their Starships both out paced and out manovered by those of the Dark Eldar, as well as the weapons that have been known to smash most space defences into peaces with nearly no or little losses to them, on the ground the Dark Eldar's lightning fast strikes and weapons would reap a heavy tole on a armoured coloum, any and all captured men women and children wouldnt servive the encounter for very long as the hemonculases get to work on them, they are the only race in the 40k universe that sole focus is piracy and as such wouldnt be able to stand against a large army but isolated pockets of populas wouldnt stand a chance

ok now im going to bring the forces of Chaos to bare against Starwars, ok for starters the chaos fleets sport more fire power than that of the Starwars universe the death star isnt as small or as manoverable as the Planet killer, and isnt as destructive as the Black Stone fortrices are considering they have the power to send stars supernova, space battles would be based on heavy guns and shields that are designed to take damage against weapons that are capable of ripping a planets crust apart, so losses will be minimal on the ground the Lost and the Damned would be the cannon fodder of the chaos forces as they throw themselves at the armies of Starwars to soften them up for their masters ''Traitor legions of chaos space marines'' now everyone is on about how good the AT AT is now compaired to the 40k equivilent its nothing but a 4 legged coffin, out of the titan legions strengh the one that i can think of being the closest titan i can think of that is a even match for the AT AT is the warhound titan even then the AT AT is out classed because the Warhound is faster and more manoverable and carries the same type of shielding as their ships do, now if you want to talk about sith and jedi vs the powers of chaos then we are talking about the 4 gods of chaos and their patren armies and ideals fighting as one against Starwars so nurgle's plagues, slannesh's pleasures, khorn's blood lust and tzeench's ever changing ways uniteing against the jedi and sith, the sith would be the first to fall to the powers of chaos, its alure of promissed power and immortality is enough for most mortals to fall

the jedi wouldnt stand up for very long ether their want to study their enemy would be their downfall as the curuption of chaos is absolute and cant be resisted for long. im sorry Starwars fans but there wouldnt be a single way for Starwars to win in a battle against the forces of chaos

The Sith Empire would become the servants of Khorne. Imagine Sith Warriors, corrupted wit dark gifts, collecting skulls for the throne. They have the force to boost them beyond the superhuman enhancements of a marine, a weapon that can cleave and hew the armor apart and they were mostly insane before the dark god entered their universe.

They would become the new favorites of All the dark gods. Tzeentch for their secretive ways, Slaneesh for their self indulgence and deep emotional recklessness. Nurgle... Well not really.

The Jedi would be crushed and the Sith would serve new masters because it would be a path to more power.

The Sith Empire would become the servants of Khorne. Imagine Sith Warriors, corrupted wit dark gifts, collecting skulls for the throne. They have the force to boost them beyond the superhuman enhancements of a marine, a weapon that can cleave and hew the armor apart and they were mostly insane before the dark god entered their universe.

They would become the new favorites of All the dark gods. Tzeentch for their secretive ways, Slaneesh for their self indulgence and deep emotional recklessness. Nurgle... Well not really.

The Jedi would be crushed and the Sith would serve new masters because it would be a path to more power.

i agree totally the Sw universe would fall really quickly against the powers of the chaos gods

i agree totally the Sw universe would fall really quickly against the powers of the chaos gods

On the inverse, the traitor legions would be crushed by the New Sith, a single Sith would rise to daemonhood very quickly and the only ones capable of putting up a fight would be the fallen primarchs themselves. Plus the darkside of the force would start to warp the warp even further. Anything psychic or psionic would be touched and affected by the force. Then it would create a balance, like it always does.

These two universes would succumb to each other and nothing would be left but wastelands and woe. The Darkgods would even be guided by the force, at first trough subtle manipulation and then full on control, because the force itself is also a path to more power.

It would be a rich in lore battle, where it can go either way because each faction involved are fanatical zealots.

They would become the new favorites of All the dark gods.

The new favorites of the Chaos Gods? Not really. The 40k universe already has tons of warriors and psykers who have been shown to be far more powerful than most Force users. The vast majority of the Sith would end up being small-time minions lost in the infinite ranks of Chaos. Nothing more.

A typical Space Marine is more than a match for a Force user on the level of a seasoned Jedi Knight. And they have access to weapons that can cut through pretty much anything as well, so the Lightsaber isn't that impressive. Also, Dark Side insanity is nothing compared to the reality-r@ping insanity of the Warp. I'd say a lot of those Sith are probably gonna sh*t their pants in agonizing horror when they get a small taste of Chaos.

On the inverse, the traitor legions would be crushed by the New Sith, a single Sith would rise to daemonhood very quickly and the only ones capable of putting up a fight would be the fallen primarchs themselves.

Again, the Sith are not that scary when compared the forces of Chaos. Certainly not scary enough to rise to daemonhood status. To say that they would have no problem crushing entire legions of traitor Space Marines and even the Primarch demigods is, quite simply, laughable.

I find it highly unlikely the Force would be able to do anything to the Warp.

Edited by billyboyjennings