Help me understand cleansing of DOTs

symke

I play a watchman since I like doing DOT damage. But healer classes have a "cleans" (purge, ...) skill which removes 2 negative effects. How does this work in PVP? How are those 2 effects determined if there are more than 2?

Example: I use my overload saber and cauterize but since I have inflammation which slows my target whenever I use cauterize, my target has 3 negative effects on (two stacks of burn and slow). I fight a sorc who uses Purge to remove 2 of those effects. Which two? How is that determined?

And one more question ... can this sorc use his/her Purge skill every 4 sec or does resolve somehow prevent him/her from doing that to often?

Thank you

It's actually the first negative effects put on the character. They can use it every CD which sometimes makes your DOTS obsolete :p

I find that strange. I thought resolve was supposed to prevent things such as that. Both burns take 6 sec to finish which makes them practically useless if you have an opponent which uses this skill regularly. In case of OS it takes even longer to set up 3 stacks of burn which is the idea behind OS in the first place.

Does every class have a skill which helps them to negate half of the basic damage of the opponent's class?

Sents and Maras have a lot of defense or mitigation skills, but they are on a high CD which makes them useful only occasionally. This is mitigation of our basic damage all the time.

4 secs is a very short time in PVP considering I have to use my OS before I can apply my burns. Sents and Maras were supposed to be a healing class destroyers, but this makes us nothing more than a nuisance to the healing classes.

I find that strange. I thought resolve was supposed to prevent things such as that. Both burns take 6 sec to finish which makes them practically useless if you have an opponent which uses this skill regularly. In case of OS it takes even longer to set up 3 stacks of burn which is the idea behind OS in the first place.

Does every class have a skill which helps them to negate half of the basic damage of the opponent's class?

Sents and Maras have a lot of defense or mitigation skills, but they are on a high CD which makes them useful only occasionally. This is mitigation of our basic damage all the time.

4 secs is a very short time in PVP considering I have to use my OS before I can apply my burns. Sents and Maras were supposed to be a healing class destroyers, but this makes us nothing more than a nuisance to the healing classes.

well it is true that sentinel dots can be cleansed by every comando (no matter wheather healing or dps) , sages and scoundrels every 4-6 sec (it will remove 2 dots and overload saber counts as only 1 even if it has 3 stacks)

but sentinels in whatchmen spec are not healing class destroyers, but healing harassers due to their huge amount of interrupts (charge on melee and lower cd on interrupt). healing class destroyers are burst classes, like assault vanguards and all focus speced jedis.

also watchman sentinels are among the highest (if not the highest) pve single target dps specs. most sentinels go combat or focus in pvp though because the damage builds up faster then whatchman and is not cleansable.

ps: full resolve has only one effect. it makes the tagret immune to knockbacks/pulls and cc. (snares and roots still work)

Edited by Quantemoq