Your neighbourhood friendly stabby healer's PTS observations- class specific/ general

AllisonLightning

Operative/scoundrel healing, the lack of decent set bonuses coupled with the loss of the moving Infusion/instant rez (which I personally found the most decent puts us in pretty much at the same disadvantage to the other healers except more pronouced. For a class with lackluster burst in comparison, we really need a 1.30-1.45 cooldown on the new Tactical Overdrive ability. You can even make it exclusively a passive in the medicine/sawbones branch. As a healer class, in PvE we have to be competitive with our co healer classes, in fact this has to start being a focus when designing raids and with class balance. With the slower use of recuperative nanotech/kolto cloud- I would ask we get an automatic TA on cast with a chance of a freebie over the duration. Other than those tweaks, I'd live with what's shown. I'm not asking for a mega buff- I'm asking we have better tools so I don't have to hear about how rare my main is. Output feels weird and not where it should be at a 306 level. I'd honestly have to get my hands on live to see whether its just PTS.

As a healer, who also plays merc/commando (sorc on a mediocre level)- you also have to start separating PvE/PvP balancing and making abilities work differently in PvP. PvE nerfs caused by PvP actually hurt and I have no doubt that class tweaks will ask for new nerfs. I'd give more insights but only had time to test my main class and the new op which looks like it'll be fun- please make Nightmare/Master Mode challenging.

The gearing grind is stupid and overbearingly tiered. Too many numbers when the easy solution is to drop gear via raids and PvP. Leave the RNG to gear people who aren't into it. On the subject of level scaling ops/content- it was a bad idea and will stem people doing it. I would argue that people should be able to jump straight into any old op with the relative power of at tier and only be able to boost themselves to the highest power of said tier. 5.x 242/8-258, and so down and so down. People don't need a super charged based on the shiniest gear and for level scaled content, it's an absolute joke to necessitate gear to do the content beyond that level's stat thresholds. Also fix relics/abilities/adrenals so people can get relative procs and boosts in level scaled content. Do not make old content weaker but do enable legacy cleanse speed in Cartel Warlords for NiM/MM if you manage to make at tier difficulty as healers did have faster cleanses. Also fix any and all guild perks so they no longer affect Nightmare/Master Mode or Hard/Veteran Mode. It is not bolstered content and it's a joke that people have been able to clear HM with essentially crystal mode or mass resurrect in NiM/MM. It's done for memes and all but no one actually thinks any guild perk should be functional for completing NiM/MM.

On story difficulty ramp up. I'd have to see it in action, I play on my mara for story and don't really story on my healers or tank but there has to be a balance between too difficult and oh look, my healer companion just killed that trash mob I've been scratching my head at for ten minutes.

Conquest locked anything is asinine. CQ is point farming and requires no skill except grinding so stop locking mats and gear behind it and yields, and instead start offering that crowd something unique for CQ leaderboard placements. Let people get the full rewards for hitting personal and ditch the small/medium/large yield and instead actually create content and things for them because tying PvE/PvP stuff behind it increases grind on what is already an insane system.

The crafting expenses are too high.

We don't have the playerbase to survive another hemorrhage so I implore you to reduce the overall gear item levels by at least half prior to launch and also make every piece an automatic upgrade, you should not get an item that is weaker than the currently equipped one nor should certain pieces have worse RNG.

Edited by AllisonLightning