Advanced White-Blue-Purple Crystal

joeycodepanda

I got this cartel market item. Sadly it's not what it's described. There is no white as mentioned. Can it be changed? Feel rather disappointed.

Here is a link to a picture

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B6dmk6dlS6sTLU0wYktDWnl0Wm8&authuser=0

The preview lacks the bloom effect, which is where the third color really comes into play.

Here's the link from dulfy of the actual in game with bloom:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/swtor-white-blue-purple-color-crystal-bloom.jpg

And without bloom:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/swtor-white-blue-purple-color-crystal-no-bloom.jpg

How do I get the bloom effect to show? I have bloom enabled. Doesn't seem to be showing when I have my sabers out. Such as seen in the picture as well. The other light saber the white shows prominently I'm guessing since its one of the two primary colors.

The preview screen doesn't display certain colors properly. Example, Silver-Blue doesn't display properly either in the preview screen.

I did notice you actually have the crystal and you claim it's the same outside of it. No clue.

Edited by Rhyltran

How do I get the bloom effect to show? I have bloom enabled. Doesn't seem to be showing when I have my sabers out. Such as seen in the picture as well. The other light saber the white shows prominently I'm guessing since its one of the two primary colors.

That I can't tell you, but it seems to be specific to your machine or settings.

The white is there but it is only seen with bloom, the artifice is reversed and the purple is only seen with bloom. And yes, it's the 2 primary colors that you see readily and the third one that's only a hint (you can actually see it as a halo around the edge) unless you have bloom.

Are you talking about what it actually looks like on your character, or just in the preview screen?

If you're talking about in-game, then as long as you have bloom enabled, you should see it, unless you're running on integrated graphics or something and your computer can't handle it.

But the preview window is hilariously useless when it comes to previewing crystal colors, and does not remotely represent what you will see in game, especially with paler colors. It would be nice if the devs could make it suck less, but we've been stuck with it for a very long time.

Depending on your video card, you might find that your out-of-game graphics controls are actually over-riding the in-game settings. I encountered this with my NVIDIA card on my laptop back when I was using GeForce Experience and its supposed tweaks for games.

If Bloom is on in game, but you don't see the effect, check your settings on the card at the system level.

Depending on your video card, you might find that your out-of-game graphics controls are actually over-riding the in-game settings. I encountered this with my NVIDIA card on my laptop back when I was using GeForce Experience and its supposed tweaks for games.

If Bloom is on in game, but you don't see the effect, check your settings on the card at the system level.

Thanks for the replies. I do have bloom enabled and I'm not just talking about the preview screen. In game it looks the same as in the preview.

Looking in the GeForce Experience bloom is enabled. Not sure what else I would need.

Maybe it's just not powerful enough. It is integrated NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M

Edited by joeycodepanda

Thanks for the replies. I do have bloom enabled and I'm not just talking about the preview screen. In game it looks the same as in the preview.

Looking in the GeForce Experience bloom is enabled. Not sure what else I would need.

Could be your card. I have the GTX 660 and that crystal shows all 3 colors in my game the same as in the Dulfy pic.

Power is not your issue. I have the GTX 560M and it shows bloom when I enable it.

A tad bit off topic, but you might want to get rid of GeForce Experience. I actually found it was causing my massive ability stutter issues back from when Makeb was released. I'd try to do something, and every ability had a delay of 2-5 seconds. It was like stop motion animation. As soon as I removed it, the game played beautifully!

Just some food for thought. :cool: