Maintenance: October 10th, 2017

EricMusco

Hey folks!

Little bit of bad news, patch notes won't be available today. Working through some final issues, especially around localization. You can expect to see them live following tomorrow's maintenance. Apologies for the delay, I know you are eager to read them!

-eric

"Issues around Localization"

Did you lose them on your desk ? :p Have you tried checking under your seat ? :rak_03:

Still, no big deal, as long as you don't delay the patch itself ;)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dev Post
Don't think so. In the Q&A I think Keith mentioned that all daily areas go back to awarding 75CXP per quest from tomorrow? We are getting a new legacy perk for CXP iirc. The actual double event comes with 5.5.1 on 8th November according to the schedule. Which is probably why all the daily areas were packed today.

Nearly 8pm in the UK - any sign of the patch notes?

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

Hey folks!

Little bit of bad news, patch notes won't be available today. Working through some final issues, especially around localization. You can expect to see them live following tomorrow's maintenance. Apologies for the delay, I know you are eager to read them!

-eric

So, you confirm that a delay in patch notes is NOT a delay in releasing 5.5? 5.5 will still release tomorrow?

I'm not mad about any type delay (patch notes or the actual patch).

It would just be nice to know.

Thanks.

• Dev Post
So, you confirm that a delay in patch notes is NOT a delay in releasing 5.5? 5.5 will still release tomorrow?

I'm not mad about any type delay (patch notes or the actual patch).

It would just be nice to know.

Thanks.

Correct, just to confirm there is no delay in 5.5. Just the patch notes.

-eric

Correct, the daily areas are returning to their original values (75CXP) and we added a new CXP bonus perk. There is also a double event that will start tomorrow and run for one week.

-eric

Oh seriously come on! You guys first said they would remain until revised cxp rates would be given. They haven't been given, they would be set at 5.6. The ONLY logical and acceptable thing is to keep the bugged rates till 5.6 so make it happen.

Edited by SebastiaanZ

Oh seriously come on! You guys first said they would remain until revised cxp rates would be given. They haven't been given, they would be set at 5.6. The ONLY logical and acceptable thing is to keep the bugged rates till 5.6 so make it happen.

We'll see what it becomes honestly. They've added a new perk for cxp and we'll have a cxp event for the week, it's not totally bad honestly. let's just hope they'll keep up the cxp event more often until 5.6 arrives ^^

Hey folks!

-eric

Just release them in english for now then.

-eric

This is a big mistake seriously ... Bioware only confirms that they really don't care about the players and just want the players to play the way Bioware feels they should play! Why have fun if you can run fun into the ground!

Hey folks!

-eric

Admit it - you've been busy making the most of the mega CXP before it disappears :D Also you have a sugar high 'cos someone left the doughnuts unattended and work has gone out the window!

We'll see what it becomes honestly. They've added a new perk for cxp and we'll have a cxp event for the week, it's not totally bad honestly. let's just hope they'll keep up the cxp event more often until 5.6 arrives ^^

Even with the perk at 100 (and thats IF and ONLY IF you have 4 toons at 300). That does what?

Turn 75 CXP into 150? Combine that with the other boosts and the double CXP event and you might get what? 500 total if that.

The double event alone isn't enough to matter with a base rate of 75 nor is the new achievement perk and boosts. It like was posted weeks ago. They bioware does nothing but double or triple the base rate of 75, then they might as well do nothing. Now, if that base rate is 600 or so then we are talking something wirth doing along with the other boosts.

Incentive for dailies is no down to nothing given bioware didn't actually revisit the amounts yet or implement new amounts. All they did was fixed the boost to CXP rates back to the abysmally low number of 75 and well that pretty much sucks.

Even with the perk at 100 (and thats IF and ONLY IF you have 4 toons at 300). That does what?

Turn 75 CXP into 150? Combine that with the other boosts and the double CXP event and you might get what? 500 total if that.

The double event alone isn't enough to matter with a base rate of 75 nor is the new achievement perk and boosts. It like was posted weeks ago. They bioware does nothing but double or triple the base rate of 75, then they might as well do nothing. Now, if that base rate is 600 or so then we are talking something wirth doing along with the other boosts.

Incentive for dailies is no down to nothing given bioware didn't actually revisit the amounts yet or implement new amounts. All they did was fixed the boost to CXP rates back to the abysmally low number of 75 and well that pretty much sucks.

Exactly. But given the fact that their minds are set probably, no chance they are gonna change it.

Their logic is we should do pvp/uprisings/Ops/gsf if you do those, the boost plus the double cxp are very appealing, if you do dailies you're kinda screwed, but at least you had some fun for a while.

Hey folks!

-eric

Lol, that's why putting things off until the last minute in never a good idea. I know that it is how you do business at BioWare™, but it still isn't a good idea.

-eric

So sadly after today I won't be touching dailies for a very long time again, I had hoped the values would go down 25% or 50% at most but going entirely to their original value? Everyone was so excited about the dailies coming to life again, Keith was so happy he said but now it's going back to the exact same value? A huge pity the enthusiasm of the players with the dailies was listened to but then put aside :(

So sadly after today I won't be touching dailies for a very long time again, I had hoped the values would go down 25% or 50% at most but going entirely to their original value? Everyone was so excited about the dailies coming to life again, Keith was so happy he said but now it's going back to the exact same value? A huge pity the enthusiasm of the players with the dailies was listened to but then put aside :(

Yeah I really hope they come to their senses and change it before tomorrow. But knowing Bioware, they don't care enough.

Especially since they made us believe that it would remain until new rates were set. Which they now come back on! We were made to believe the rates would be changed in october ... its not gonna happen till november now! That is not acceptable!

Come on people, let all hear your voice!

Edited by SebastiaanZ

-eric

You realize that 75CXP is absurdly low right?