Ranked PVP Nights

Iowan

I know Black Sun, Warcloud, JJ, (Yes, I know there are pub guilds as well :)) and others had been doing ranked Wed, Thurs, and Fri nights for awhile before 2.0 hit. Reign is finally getting it's PVP crap together after a long absence. We are looking for the best nights to get our best teams out there. Wed, Fri, and Sun nights seem to be the best mix for us right now. We are currently gearing, practicing, and mix/matching the best groups but are hoping to find a couple nights each week to start queuing against other guilds again. Just wanted input from those other ranked guilds on what nights they queue the most so we can try to organize it the same way. Thanks, cya in the WZ soon!

Our ranked night is wednesday but I don't think even Crimson will be queuing for a while. Too much PVE interest atm. Quite honestly I don't think many guilds are going to step on to the plate until they are min/maxed with the new pvp gear. I'd be happy to be proved wrong and if a sizable amount of guilds actually pick a day to queue on then I'll try to motivate CE.

Also, I will free agent if a decent guild needs a healer until CE starts queing up regularly! ;)

Why do you have to be min/maxed? Think you can only win if you are? To show who has a bigger epeen? Who cares, get 16 people together and do kickball style rateds. Tends to be more competitive than normal rateds. Plus with new gear everyone is starting fresh so you should all be on the same playing field.

Why do you have to be min/maxed? Think you can only win if you are? To show who has a bigger epeen? Who cares, get 16 people together and do kickball style rateds. Tends to be more competitive than normal rateds. Plus with new gear everyone is starting fresh so you should all be on the same playing field.

I've done that style of rateds on my sort of ******** alts that I don't care about. It is fun, but it's not more competitive at all.

I honestly don't take them seriously and honestly they feel like regulars, but with voice chat with all 8 people.

The whole min/maxed thing is based mostly off the fact that, a lot of us doing rateds, we're a team, we're trying to play well together, and we want to do our best to win. There's no reason to do rateds if you're not trying to win.

I'm pretty sure that's what regulars are for.

You don't show up to a sports match without a uniform or equipment do you?

Sort of the same concept.

If you would like to do that be my guest. I was just giving a time frame when SMF was gonna be in rateds.

Yeeeah...if you're on the Imp side at least, grinding comms takes a serious toll on your sanity unless you're running a 4-8 man premade. Every **** guild like Kingdom of Shadows and players I've never even heard of are all over 55s. Had a Civil War yesterday where 3 teammates had sub-1400 expertise. I didn't even know that was possible with the new Bolster. A guildmate said she likes to PvP on the Pub side now because 'its nice to get carried by Bad Company and Credit Shot every game.' Lulz. Getting min-maxed is going to be a fun process. Edited by AnusReaper

Yeah imperials really suck on this server. I feel pretty bad for them. I don't think i've lost a wz to them in a looonnng time. I am pretty sure its just a nasty cycle where they get whooped, and just stop queing. Edited by Dancally

I dislike being on the "Winning" faction. Back on my old server for the first 4 or so months after launch, Imps dominated PvP, and I loved being pubside. Over time, losing enough times taught me and my friends how to be winners and win in PvP, against the "best" teams.

Now, I'm not saying the teams that are on this server aren't incredible, but I've seen better plays from older guilds that are no longer on this server. So, if you're a random impper now, just keep trying. As long as you keep improving, you'll eventually be fine. The majority of Pvpers here who are good, are good because they've spent hundreds, and often times thousands of hours on their classes and the game in PvP, so experience > all else. I'm excited to see gearing being looked at by Bioware, simply because I want their to be a "zero" gear gap. I was one of the first scoundrels on my old server to be in complete full min/maxed WH gear, and the ONLY reason was because I was unemployed and I had too much time on my hands. I love to see that go, and PvP gear is all cosmetic. Bring it back to skill, not who has more time.

Anyways, that was a bit of a tirade, but yeah. Expect the bads to be bad, because they always will. But ya never know, they could learn quickly and even pass you up in skill level too. I used to try to run pugged rank WZs on the impside, and the ONLY reason was to teach players more advanced mechanics for PvP. That's it. If people are less concerned with wins, and more concerned with fun and teaching, we'll be better off.

Ok, so that was scatterbrained, but yeah. :p

Basically what he said /\

What the imps really need is a guild on their side like immortal or cred shot that has a main focus in pvp and strives to be the best. Right now there are a few good pvp'ers in a handful of imp guilds. They need to go in as one and inspire the others. :)

Edited by Dancally

Basically what he said /\

What the imps really need is a guild on their side like immortal or cred shot that has a main focus in pvp and strives to be the best. Right now there are a few good pvp'ers in a handful of imp guilds. They need to go in as one and inspire the others. :)

We are out there, dont worry about that. Sadly, as previously said every Tom, Dick and Harry are solo queueing imp side rather then full 4s or 8s like pubs. Maybe all the pubs should try solo queues and see how they like it :p

Has any ranked gone down since 2.o or we still all gearing?

I solo queue, I'm imp and I still love it. I wouldn't even know where to begin on joining a group for ranked. There are not really many imp guilds that scream "we only pvp and we are really amazing at it".

The disparity between pub and imp non-ranked is massive, but as someone else mentioned, that just means there more room to learn.

We've been forming and queuing as groups of four all week to gear up and have done just fine vs Pub side. Yes there are more organized groups on the Pub side and WAY more healers. With that said, as long as I've queued with four man groups, we've had good success. Had some real good matches with Immortal, Bad Company, Credit Shot, Crimson Elite and others. We tried queuing for awhile in ranked last night, but I guess no one else is doing it yet. I look forward to some good ranked battles in the near future. I will update our schedule when I can, for now it is:

Wed - Practice/gear nights. Four man groups running normal WZ. If good mix and interest is there, we'll queue for ranked.

Fri/Sun - Ranked nights. Should be in queue around 7-10 Central time. Hoping to have enough interest to get 2 groups going if we get enough geared and interested.

Well, after gearing out both my conqueror mainhand and offhand saber through a three day lost streak on Imp side... -_-

I have finally been convinced by my friends on pub side to roll a sage. Expect loosing a healer to the pub side since I will be over there more once I hit 55 on my sage. I love imp side and I truly believe that my ability to kite as well as I can now and learning to LOS in such short period of time has to do with all the focus fire I received from pub side and the non-existent peels from the imps. So now, I get to go to pub side and expect proper tanking from friends and actual peels from sentinels. I will miss the Imp side, but I am sure you will see me still roaming around in warzones. I just couldn't find a guild that PVPs and runs rated at the competitive level I was looking for.

Edited by KanDekB
wrote Marauder and not Sentinel

Careful about randomly queuing up at night, it seems people will ***** at you for ruining their inhouse.

Can we please get some serious teams queuing for rateds?

So either continue queuing and let them cry, complain on the forums, or reroll to another server.