Armor help

verkerk

Hi,

every time i'm on the forum i hear things like "Where can I buy orange armor" and "where can I buy green armor".

So here is my question

What does it mean? when is armor orange, green or any other colour? Which one is better?

How can I see what colour is armor?

thank for your help

Edited by verkerk

Usually: green armor is ok, blue armor is better, purple armor is best.

But that depends on level - a level 40 green is most likely better than a level 25 purple.

It also depends on what you can use - a purple of an armor type you cannot wear, or with stats that do not apply to your character, is not any good for you.

Orange items are special, in that they can be improved as you level. They do not have any stats by themselves - they have slots for item modifications. You can keep the same orange chest piece, for instance, and get new armoring, mod and enhancement "mods" for it when you level up. It is usually preferred, since getting mods is easier / cheaper than getting full new gear.

To make it more fun, mods themselves come in green, blue and purple varieties.

For more details, check this guide for stats: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=88942

And this other one for orange gear and mods: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=216564

this confused me so much at first too.

just do this.

when ppl say 'blue' 'orange' 'green' items.

look at the border color of the item, and the color of the item title's text. those usually ar the same and thats what they mean.

in terms of strength. a green item is the lowest, blue is mid, and purple is strongest in stats.

so dont look for a 'green colored vest' or a 'blue colored headpiece'. it has NOTHING to do with the physical color of the item.

Yep. The color people refer to is generally the color the name of the item is when you mouse over it.

A good rule of thumb is a green item with the same stats can be found as a blue item you could wear two levels earlier, or a purple item two levels before that.

Orange items generally come with modifications that fit where it dropped statwise, but can have those modifications replaced to allow you to upgrade the item repeatedly, letting you keep one you like the look of. I've had the same rifle for over 15 levels, adding a new barrel, crystal, modification, and enhancement any time I could find a better one. Works great. Armor the same way if you can find it.