No More Disney Star Wars References in this EU Game

Tofu_Shark

It's come to my attention, Bioware, that you have slipped in references to Disney's Star Wars within the game. Outfits and weapons were toeing the line, this is sticking the tip of the nail over it:

Players, if you know of any others, please share them in this thread.

This game is every EU fan's last refuge from Disney. Here, we can pretend the EU was never relegated as non-canon and the sequel trilogy, those awful standalone movies, and the poor imitation of Battlefront never happened.

Please do not make any more references to Disney's Star Wars. Disney has no place in an EU game. Keep their stuff out of an EU game. You are playing with fire by putting the streams dangerously close together, to mix metaphors.

Edit

I'm fine with items and outfits, so long as no NPCs are ever wearing/equipped with them, as they have no impact on story, immersion, and game environment. If other players want to dress like Kylo Ren or Rey, by all means, go ahead. (Just stay the kriff out of my cutscenes.)

Edited by Tofu_Shark

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned outfits and weapons already. I'm talking about the sneakier stuff. Outfits and weapons are front and center because they're CM items. While the weapons are an eyesore, they have yet to affect lore. Edited by Tofu_Shark

Well, it's clear you probably like Disney Star Wars then.

That's not the same. EU aspects aren't "sneaking" into Disney Star Wars. They are being reintroduced, and quite often not in the same form they were in the EU (Kessel, Malachor V, etc). Disney elements are being snuck into the EU. The EU and EU fans have nothing to gain from elements from Disney Star Wars creeping into the game. That stuff belongs in its own universe.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

My biggest issue with this as a dual-canon fan is mostly in regards to timeline and lore, in regards to X being introduced to Legends through this game do we also take into consideration its Canonical story or merely what we know in Legends? I would assume the latter as that is how it has worked when introducing Legends into Canon.

The EU was never canon. That didn't change. They just put a new label on it and tried to define what pieces of media outside the films actually were canon. Prior to that, nothing outside of the films and TCW series was canon. Literally all they did was make things clearer and easier to understand.

So, again, the EU was never canon. If it was, the Clone Wars (the event, not the series) would have been the stupid crap referenced in the Thrawn novels rather than what we got. Among several other examples.

Personally, I'm a Star Wars fan. I'll never understand getting irrationally angry at parts of the story you don't like. I don't think Anakin's arc in the prequels was the best, but I can still have fun with it. It's all Star Wars.

It's not irrational. It's about artistic integrity, which when it comes to Star Wars, Disney doesn't have a shred of. When Lucas' companies worked on Star Wars, they at least gave a damn about the universe they were dictating the whims of. Yeah, they wanted to make money too, but it wasn't their only objective. Edited by Tofu_Shark

The EU was never canon. That didn't change. They just put a new label on it and tried to define what pieces of media outside the films actually were canon. Prior to that, nothing outside of the films and TCW series was canon.

When people say that EU is no longer a canon they mean that EU stuff should no longer be taken under consideration when new Star Wars content is created. Movies and TV shows could disregard EU, yes, but new books, games, comics couldn’t (except for stuff like Jeffrey Brown’s books, or Visionaries, etc – those could disregard anything including movies). It makes it canon. On certain level. C-level. :)

More importantly, EU was constantly developing as a continuity. Now it doesn't, and that's exactly what EU fans are not happy about.

I can understand where OP is going from. For me new canon is irreversibly poisoned with “unoriginal trilogy”, and I prefer thinking that pre-2014 G, C canons and Disney canon are separated versions of the Star Wars universe. That’s why I don’t like references to Disney stuff in SWTOR. Gatalenta… Holdo… TLJ… Ugh.

I’m sure devs don’t think of the game as "EU fan's last refuge" as some of us do. And yet, we got Ossus as an explorable planet in JUS, not Gatalenta with a mention of amazing Ossan sauce. That’s something. :)

Edited by Ollmich

In case you didn't know, every single lore and story element has to be cleared by Lucasfilm before it is released. So of course there's going to be references to the Disney canon because uniformity and frankly, why would you even be concerned about it? Disney canon or EU, it's both still Star Wars. If they put in small references like this into the story, what's wrong with that? More lore is more lore! More story is more story!

Frankly, I'd want the story devs to go to planets that the new Disney canon introduced. I want to see more connections between SWTOR and the new canon. Because you know why? Well, the more connected SWTOR is to the Disney canon, the more likely it is it might achieve canon status one day. And that, in turn, might mean a revitalization of the game.

Seriously, people need to stop with this divide they create between EU continuity and Disney canon. It's both Star Wars, it both has good and bad elements. Can't people just enjoy the story without this absolutely unnecessary divisiveness that is just utterly artificial?

Edited by Ylliarus

In case you didn't know, every single lore and story element has to be cleared by Lucasfilm before it is released. So of course there's going to be references to the Disney canon because uniformity and frankly, why would you even be concerned about it? Disney canon or EU, it's both still Star Wars. If they put in small references like this into the story, what's wrong with that? More lore is more lore! More story is more story!

Frankly, I'd want the story devs to go to planets that the new Disney canon introduced. I want to see more connections between SWTOR and the new canon. Because you know why? Well, the more connected SWTOR is to the Disney canon, the more likely it is it might achieve canon status one day. And that, in turn, might mean a revitalization of the game.

Seriously, people need to stop with this divide they create between EU continuity and Disney canon. It's both Star Wars, it both has good and bad elements. Can't people just enjoy the story without this absolutely unnecessary divisiveness that is just utterly artificial?

Because it is not. It's not artificial. It's about artistic integrity. There is the Star Wars Expanded Universe...and then there is Disney Star Wars. One is embraced by classic Star Wars fans (the EU), the other is reviled by most of those classic fans (Disney) because it is a watered down imitation of what it once was.

Crossguard sabers have been a thing long before Disney SW. It appeared all the way back in Republic 61: Dead Ends in 04.

Not in the impractical form it appeared in the Sequel Trilogy. That one only had one side emitter, and it was at a 45 degree angle, which has far more practical use than the crossguard which would just be cut through at the emitter and go straight through the hand, not protect one's hand from a blow. So no, not the same thing.

Because it is not. It's not artificial. It's about artistic integrity. There is the Star Wars Expanded Universe...and then there is Disney Star Wars. One is embraced by classic Star Wars fans (the EU), the other is reviled by most of those classic fans (Disney) because it is a watered down imitation of what it once was.

So you claim to speak for an entire group of people? You claim to know how an entire group of people feels, thinks and does? Because let me tell you something: you don't. I know plenty of "classic Star Wars fans" who expressed to me in conversations that they really enjoy the new Disney canon. I am one myself, I loved Legends and I love the new canon. You speak out of a heavy personal bias with no objective basis.

The very fact you need to call people like yourself "classic Star Wars fans" shows how artificial the entire divide is. There's no reason to be for or against one or the other, other than the fact that people choose to be because they're afraid of change. That's all there is to it. The new Disney canon is bringing in new, fresh perspectives, going their own but very interesting way. It doesn't invalidate Legends continuity because that's still out there, you can still freely enjoy Legends continuity content. But the fact remains that the old EU was convoluted, chaotic and disorganized. Disney had to reset it all so they could start anew, with fresh potential in mind. I applaud that, I honestly do, because the new Disney canon feels much more streamlined and elegant.

Whether it's Legends EU or Disney EU, it's both Star Wars, it's both stories with the themes we love and adore. There is no reason to hate one or the other, because both are valid and enjoyable Star Wars content. Don't limit yourself by blindly holding onto one thing because it was something that you love. Sure, you don't need to let it go, but loosen your grip on it. The new Disney canon has produced absolutely stunning and epic content, Jedi Fallen Order for example or the Vader Immortal series. Not to mention the many comic book arcs that often times I find to be better and more enjoyable than Legends stuff. I bet there's stuff in the Disney canon that you will find just as enjoyable as the old Legends continuity.

And SWTOR could have great potential if it was tied in more closely with Disney's canon, if not declared part of it. Imagine if Disney openly started advertising on the game and promoting it as part of its canon, there would be a huge surge in players coming to check out this game. SWTOR becoming part of Disney's canon may very well be the thing it needs to be revitalized. Would you want to deny this game's success and potential, just to hold onto something old because it's easier to hold on than to explore new content?

Edited by Ylliarus

The EU was never canon. That didn't change. They just put a new label on it and tried to define what pieces of media outside the films actually were canon. Prior to that, nothing outside of the films and TCW series was canon. Literally all they did was make things clearer and easier to understand.

The EU was canon, Lucasfilm didn't managed an entire continuity out of the lols. Seriously prior to 2014 there were very few material that wasn't canon, you should look up how canon actually worked back in the day.

So, again, the EU was never canon. If it was, the Clone Wars (the event, not the series) would have been the stupid crap referenced in the Thrawn novels rather than what we got. Among several other examples.

No, it was canon. Saying it wasn't doesn't make it so. The "stupid crap" that the Thrawn trilogy referenced was retconned, back then nobody knew the prequels were coming and George wasn't putting guidelines about it other than "No stories during the clone wars". Just because something was retconned, doesn't mean the EU wasn't canon.

Personally, I'm a Star Wars fan. I'll never understand getting irrationally angry at parts of the story you don't like. I don't think Anakin's arc in the prequels was the best, but I can still have fun with it. It's all Star Wars.

I'll never understand people who think the EU wasn't canon either, though the anti-canon feelings can get out of hand as well. Exactly, its all Star Wars, and the EU was part of it!

I'm all for revitalizing SWTOR but keep in mind we would have to retcon a lot of it to fit within the new canon, and this is coming from someone who thanks to Episode IX and the Mandalorian is finally opening up to it. I think SWTOR should remain as it is just for the sake of our own lore (But if they want to take inspiration from Canon I don't mind, Ossus clearly has some Jedha vibes and it works, and Umbara is taken straight out of TCW... granted that is both Canon and Legends but still), so no. I'm not for making SWTOR canon. If Disney were to be interested in a canon MMORPG I think they would rather do a new one, and I myself would rather not lose the last part of the Legends timeline that still pumps out new content... seriously we would lose a lot of lore to fit within the new Canon. I don't think Lucasfilm would be up for that, or EA for that matter since it would mean they'd have to re-do a lot of the vanilla game.

Preach, I'm so tired of the canon wars myself. People should just be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy so long as they're not being *****s about it. We're all Star Wars fans, OT, PT, EU, ST, whatever.

And SWTOR could have great potential if it was tied in more closely with Disney's canon, if not declared part of it. Imagine if Disney openly started advertising on the game and promoting it as part of its canon, there would be a huge surge in players coming to check out this game. SWTOR becoming part of Disney's canon may very well be the thing it needs to be revitalized. Would you want to deny this game's success and potential, just to hold onto something old because it's easier to hold on than to explore new content?

All right I'm gonna be a little bit of an ACTUAL LEE here and say that doesn't need to be a thing for Lucasfilm or Disney to advertise the game, now of course neither of us are privy to their innerworkings as far as markenting but remember how the Star Wars twitter shared Onslaught's teaser? Or the cross-promotional material between Fallen Order and SWTOR with RE-1 pet droid inspired by the droid in FO? Or how Star Wars have the "Visting the Classics" articles on their site about OG Legends games, and I know I brought it up with you before but in one of them they suggest reading the Bane trilogy... a Legends novel.

So for them to promote the game clearly isn't a matter of canon or not, there is probably something else in the works like this game's age or perhaps they don't think the genre, MMORPG that is, is worth investing in. The Twitter Onslaught teaser was a step in the right direction in my opinion, so hopefully they keep that up as SWTOR had been treated as a red-headed stepchild for most of its lifetime even before the reboot happened. Though credit for the Star Wars site for releasing some SWTOR articles back in the day, even one about "Why you should play KOTET" or something as a way to hype up KOTET.

Edited by FlameYOL

Not in the impractical form it appeared in the Sequel Trilogy. That one only had one side emitter, and it was at a 45 degree angle, which has far more practical use than the crossguard which would just be cut through at the emitter and go straight through the hand, not protect one's hand from a blow. So no, not the same thing.

Alright sure, perhaps not EXACTLY a full crossguard, but still, the design at least was still around in some capacity.

The very fact you need to call people like yourself "classic Star Wars fans" shows how artificial the entire divide is.

The fallacy you highlight here is called the appeal to purity, or sometimes "no true Scotsman". It's essentially a game of shifting definitions. "No Scotsman would X." "My uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he does X." No true Scotsman would X." The definition of "Scotsman" has been shifted to exclude people who X (and, incidentally, to insult Uncle Angus by implying that his Scottishness is somehow deficient).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

The fallacy you highlight here is called the appeal to purity, or sometimes "no true Scotsman". It's essentially a game of shifting definitions. "No Scotsman would X." "My uncle Angus is a Scotsman and he does X." No true Scotsman would X." The definition of "Scotsman" has been shifted to exclude people who X (and, incidentally, to insult Uncle Angus by implying that his Scottishness is somehow deficient).

Ah thank you for the explanation, this is really interesting! This is something I need to keep in mind because too often do I see the same rhetoric "no true Star Wars fan" which is exactly what you highlight here. But you're absolutely, this is the problem that the Star Wars fanbase is facing. Too many people hold onto that specific failing rhetoric and actually make more of a joke of themselves rather than the person they're trying to mock/discredit.

Preach, I'm so tired of the canon wars myself. People should just be allowed to enjoy what they enjoy so long as they're not being *****s about it. We're all Star Wars fans, OT, PT, EU, ST, whatever.

Exactly, whether you love Disney canon, old EU continuity or like in my case, both, it shouldn't matter. It's all Star Wars and no one should go and act superior because they prefer one or the other. Liking the old Legends continuity makes no one superior, hating on the new Disney canon makes no one superior. We're all Star Wars fans liking and loving the same franchise. Live and let live.

My message to the devs is this: the Disney canon can have a place in this game, even if it is EU.There is no reason why EU and Disney Canon can't exist side by side or intertwine at some points. Let us explore Jedha, let us sip Gatalentan tea, let us hear of Tar Vizsla or hear of Lady Korvax and her deeds on Mustafar. There's no reason why SWTOR can't draw inspiration from the Disney canon.

Edited by Ylliarus

So you claim to speak for an entire group of people? You claim to know how an entire group of people feels, thinks and does? Because let me tell you something: you don't. I know plenty of "classic Star Wars fans" who expressed to me in conversations that they really enjoy the new Disney canon. I am one myself, I loved Legends and I love the new canon. You speak out of a heavy personal bias with no objective basis.

The very fact you need to call people like yourself "classic Star Wars fans" shows how artificial the entire divide is. There's no reason to be for or against one or the other, other than the fact that people choose to be because they're afraid of change. That's all there is to it. The new Disney canon is bringing in new, fresh perspectives, going their own but very interesting way. It doesn't invalidate Legends continuity because that's still out there, you can still freely enjoy Legends continuity content. But the fact remains that the old EU was convoluted, chaotic and disorganized. Disney had to reset it all so they could start anew, with fresh potential in mind. I applaud that, I honestly do, because the new Disney canon feels much more streamlined and elegant.

Whether it's Legends EU or Disney EU, it's both Star Wars, it's both stories with the themes we love and adore. There is no reason to hate one or the other, because both are valid and enjoyable Star Wars content. Don't limit yourself by blindly holding onto one thing because it was something that you love. Sure, you don't need to let it go, but loosen your grip on it. The new Disney canon has produced absolutely stunning and epic content, Jedi Fallen Order for example or the Vader Immortal series. Not to mention the many comic book arcs that often times I find to be better and more enjoyable than Legends stuff. I bet there's stuff in the Disney canon that you will find just as enjoyable as the old Legends continuity.

No, I don't claim to speak for everyone. I'm a single person, and anyone who agrees with me can chime in, although the forums do self-select, so it's no indication of anything, whatever the side.

Fresh new perspectives? I gave that a chance. What's new isn't fresh, and what's fresh is, to put it mildly, distasteful:

• The Force Awakens - a rehash of ANH, very unoriginal, nothing new, no risks taken
  • Rebels - didn't finish it for personal reasons, had its moments but lackluster in general, MacQuarrie art style was beautiful though, EU reinterpretations annoy me
  • Rogue One - paper thin story and character development, blatant fanservice at the end, only thing good about it was the final battle, but it contradicts what the Rebel Alliance is, especially in ANH
  • The Last Jedi - terrible story and completely destroyed the character of Luke Skywalker and spit on his character development in the OT
  • Solo - had potential, has an actual story but nothing comes together, killed one of the most interesting characters in Disney's universe early in the movie, Donald Glover nailed Lando though

And nearly everything has broken established rules of the universe. The most egregious of these violations is hyperspace physics. Yes, it's fiction, but fiction has to obey the rules and laws of the universe it exists in. Disney didn't have to chop off the limbs with a hatchet. They could've made careful decisions what to keep and what not, or if they decided to cut out everything from the Yuuzhan Vong invasion and after, I think that would've worked. But they decided to go the quick and easy route. The EU was far from perfect, but it didn't have to be. Many fans loved it anyway for what it was.

Stunning and epic? Until The Mandalorian, nothing has been even halfway decent, and there are elements about that show that bother me. I watch with caution and won't be surprised when they do something that brings it down to the tier of the above listed. That's when I stop watching, and it's already skirting with defying the logic and rules of the universe it exists in. Nope, nothing has been even nearly as enjoyable as the EU stuff. I will probably play Fallen Order eventually, as it looks like a challenging and fun game. Will I enjoy its story? I don't know. I don't plan on getting around to it anytime soon though. My expectations are tempered.

Knowing a few people that like both EU and Disney does not validate that argument. That is association bias. No, I don't claim to speak for an entire group of people, or I'd be using the pronoun "we." Also, normally use other terms, but I'm avoiding emotionally charged language. I tried a different lablel. It wasn't received well. By "classic" I really mean fans of the EU, who also tend to be fans of the OT (sometimes PT too) Disney would include the the OT and PT as well however, so I'm altering this definition to "fans of any Star Wars content created before Disney started making their own."

No, themes of heroines that never make mistakes, never are vulnerable, never are truly challenged, never have inner conflict, don't interest me. Rey is the above and Finn is the black stereotype of the comedian. I want my heroes and heroines to be challenged, to falter, to grow and develop as characters and be represented positively. There's only one character in the sequels that isn't a disaster and that's Poe.

Before you jump on me for not finishing Rebels, truly, I only continued watching it because I had a family member I thought I could talk to about it and bond over...but this person doesn't give a damn, so I have very personal reasons for not finishing it yet.

The Sequels brought in new players, as did the standalones. This argument of entwining Disney Star Wars with the EU to attract new players doesn't hold any water. They were drawn to the game because of the movies, not because Bioware enticed fans by sneaking Disney references into the EU universe. I welcome anyone to come and learn about the awesomeness of EU. However, if those people begin campaigning for more Disney Star Wars elements to be woven in, I would not welcome that and they would not be welcomed. I think it's a fair assessment to say others would share that sentiment. I cannot speak for the number, nor could you speak for the number that would welcome those changes, just that they would be there.

SWTOR has always had great potential, it's just EA blew it by forcing Bioware to rush it out the door when it needed at least another 6 months of development. It doesn't need any association with Disney Star Wars to succeed. It's been doing fine without their meddling. SWTOR just needs the attention it deserves in funding and staff, so they can create great content and fix all the bugs (here's hoping for a new engine) and marketing so people know the game is still running. It's gotten hardly any of these since KotFE/KotET.

I never said "no true _____". By classic fans, I meant EU fans. I'm not getting into a semantics argument. If you're not satisfied because I'm not using more emotionally charged language that could be easily dismissed, well I'm not sorry to disappoint you.

Ah thank you for the explanation, this is really interesting! This is something I need to keep in mind because too often do I see the same rhetoric "no true Star Wars fan" which is exactly what you highlight here. But you're absolutely, this is the problem that the Star Wars fanbase is facing. Too many people hold onto that specific failing rhetoric and actually make more of a joke of themselves rather than the person they're trying to mock/discredit.

Exactly, whether you love Disney canon, old EU continuity or like in my case, both, it shouldn't matter. It's all Star Wars and no one should go and act superior because they prefer one or the other. Liking the old Legends continuity makes no one superior, hating on the new Disney canon makes no one superior. We're all Star Wars fans liking and loving the same franchise. Live and let live.

My message to the devs is this: the Disney canon can have a place in this game, even if it is EU.There is no reason why EU and Disney Canon can't exist side by side or intertwine at some points. Let us explore Jedha, let us sip Gatalentan tea, let us hear of Tar Vizsla or hear of Lady Korvax and her deeds on Mustafar. There's no reason why SWTOR can't draw inspiration from the Disney canon.

And who exactly are you speaking for?

No, let's not. Keep the universes separate from each other. The EU doesn't muck in Disney (if only because it can't) so Disney shouldn't muck in the EU just because they can.

Disney could earn back some respect from EU fans by issuing a mea culpa, apologizing for the substandard content they've produced, admitting they were wrong, and that they never should've just erased the EU like they did. They won't though. They're going all in, as long as Eiger runs Disney. Maybe the next CEO will see things differently. I doubt it though.

Edited by Tofu_Shark

Disney could earn back some respect from EU fans by issuing a mea culpa, apologizing for the substandard content they've produced, admitting they were wrong, and that they never should've just erased the EU like they did. They won't though. They're going all in, as long as Eiger runs Disney. Maybe the next CEO will see things differently. I doubt it though.

This is some quality entitlement!

Apologizing to EU fans?

How about getting Del Rey and pre-Disney Lucasfilm apologize to EU fans for mismanaging said EU to the point they took 13 years and almost 40 novels to accomplish less progress in the storyline than five Timothy Zahn books under Bantam Spectra and creating an unexploitable mess of a story that HAD to be canned when new films were made?

apologizing for the substandard content they've produced

Opinions are a magical thing. Or is that you in there Mauler?

and that they never should've just erased the EU like they did

See above, ask old Lucasfilm to apologize for their incapacity to manage to the EU. It should have been better done so it could have at least been exploited in broad strokes.

Maybe the next CEO will see things differently. I doubt it though

Obviously, the next Disney CEO will be an EU Fan who will decanonize the Sequels, raise Carrie Fisher from the dead, rejuvenate the old trio and adapt the Thrawn Trilogy.

Oh and on the topic that kicked off this thread: Have you considered that Bioware writers maybe like the new movies and want to reference them? And that if you're asking/begging them to stop, you're attempting to stiffle their creativity and their fandom, which is exactly what you accuse Disney (It wasn't their decision BTW) to have done with the old EU.

(And FYI, despite it being a total mess, I love a lot of Legends. But the post Hand of Thrawn era is mostly unsalvageable.)

This is absolutely silly to the point of obsession.

This is not a refuge.

It's not some last bastion of a lost art.

It's a Star Wars video game.

Anything NEW added to the Star Wars mythos is fair game for any Star Wars game to pull upon, it's part of a shared universe.

You know anywhere else EU content is still being made?

Yes, it is. The lost art of the Star Wars Expanded Universe.

No, the EU and Disney are not mutually interchangeable.

This is some quality entitlement!

Apologizing to EU fans?

How about getting Del Rey and pre-Disney Lucasfilm apologize to EU fans for mismanaging said EU to the point they took 13 years and almost 40 novels to accomplish less progress in the storyline than five Timothy Zahn books under Bantam Spectra and creating an unexploitable mess of a story that HAD to be canned when new films were made?

Opinions are a magical thing. Or is that you in there Mauler?

See above, ask old Lucasfilm to apologize for their incapacity to manage to the EU. It should have been better done so it could have at least been exploited in broad strokes.

Obviously, the next Disney CEO will be an EU Fan who will decanonize the Sequels, raise Carrie Fisher from the dead, rejuvenate the old trio and adapt the Thrawn Trilogy.

Oh and on the topic that kicked off this thread: Have you considered that Bioware writers maybe like the new movies and want to reference them? And that if you're asking/begging them to stop, you're attempting to stiffle their creativity and their fandom, which is exactly what you accuse Disney (It wasn't their decision BTW) to have done with the old EU.

(And FYI, despite it being a total mess, I love a lot of Legends. But the post Hand of Thrawn era is mostly unsalvageable.)

Yeah, apologize to the EU fans. Apologize that they were greedy and only cared about money and didn't give a damn about the universe they were selected to steward.

How about no. They may screw up, but they're not above retconning and correcting inconsistencies and things that make no sense. I'll take the patchwork quilt of the EU with its mostly good stories over the what Disney has done any day. Jaina Solo is my female role model.

Opinions are a magical thing, indeed. Don't act like yours are hard, objective science.

The EU's purpose was not to be exploited or set anything up for exploitation. It is supplemental material to the core source which is the OT and PT which ultimately, took on a life of its own. It's sole purpose was not to just make money (of course money is always going to be a motivation) but the people that contributed to the EU did so for a love of the universe that George created and let them play in, not for the love of money.

Aside from raising Carrie Fisher from the dead (because even genies can't do that) that'd be great!

I doubt it. This game has been a love letter to the EU. It wasn't Disney's decision to throw out the EU? I am criticizing. Bringing in Disney elements into the EU will water down and cheapen SWTOR (which is part of the EU, not Disney) into an even bigger cash grab than the Cartel Market has ever been.

No, Disney just gutted the EU. If they started meddling with SWTOR, then they would be stifling creativity and the EU fans. So who threw out the EU then? Oh of course, it was Bugs Bunny! That wascally wabbit!

Edited by Tofu_Shark