In game date?

Technotica

Hi!

Maybe I am blind or never noticed, but how do the people in the game recon their time?

I mean I know that the game takes place about 3600 years before the battle of Yavin but that can't be how the people recon their time since they wouldn't know anything about their future.

What event do they use to count the years from? (like anno domini) And how much time has passed since that event?

Thanks!

Edited by Technotica

The current in-game calendar is the Galactic Calendar which places year zero as the year of the signing of the Treaty of Corsucant and uses BTC (as Before Treaty of Coruscant) and ATC (as After Treaty of Coruscant).

The treaty occourred in 3,653 BBY, whereas the events of the game took place about 10 years later, in 3,643 BBY which would be 10 ATC.

Edited by Lurtzello

The current in-game calendar is the Galactic Calendar which places year zero as the year of the signing of the Treaty of Corsucant and uses BTC (as Before Treaty of Coruscant) and ATC (as After Treaty of Coruscant).

The treaty occourred in 3,653 BBY, whereas the events of the game took place about 10 years later, in 3,643 BBY which would be 10 ATC.

The Treaty of Coruscant is also enforced retroactively. There is a conversation with Corso Riggs that female Smugglers can have, where he shows you a bottle of some sort of Mantellian beverage which he claims to be a rare vintage, dating it to 432 BTC. That still makes one wonder what sort of calendar was used prior to the Treaty.

As for the beginning of the game, this is rather confusing to me as to why everybody keeps using 3,643 BBY as the date for the beginning of the game. The SWTOR Encyclopedia book says at the very beginning that the story starts in 3,640 BBY, so I'm confused why everyone else, including Wookiepedia, chooses to ignore this.

Edited by BenKatarn

Ah thanks for the answer, someone really should make up a calendar for the time before the treaty of cruscant then, how can you have historic lore in the game if you can never refer to it's in game date?

The whole new calendar thing after the treaty is a bit unrealistic too isn't it?

For the whole galaxy to do that they'd have to have made a huge bureaucratic effort and all that for whats in effect nothing more than a temporary cease fire?

Even if the republic had won the war a that point why would they change their whole way of reckoning time because of it?