Any veterans still flying these days?

Loadsamonie

I've seen Rhea-Hawk and Bacon quite a bit lately, and I remember Rhea-hawk from the days when Despon was still doing his GSF School series in The Breakdown (Episode 2, specifically). Could've sworn I saw Krixarcs recently as well, but I haven't seen Despon himself or Drakkolich lately. Just wondering who else still flies these days.

I still play on Satele Shan under the alias Killer'tofu (used to be Loadsamonie). Exclusively a T2 B&C Scout.

Edited by Loadsamonie

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Strike Fighters were a really common ship choice even back when they were bad. The looks, the weapons, and the controls have always been popular, because they pretty much feel right. Prior to the big balance patch, however, everyone playing them was simply wrong- their popularity, especially among new players, hid a large number of issues with the implementation of these well designed ships.

Now, strikes are actually good. We are finally seeing a good number of strikes.

Also, as Drako says, almost all our efforts are on Star Forge. Satele is often riddled with long periods with no queue pops. It's still a playable place, but it's very frustrating to sometimes wait 40 minutes, especially for a game that could easily end early just because not enough players fill one of the sides. Star Forge basically has none of these issues. I wonder how other group content is on Satele these days?

I've only been playing GSF for one year this month myself, dabbled a bit on SF but play 99% of the time on DM. We definitely have our fair share of veterans around on DM. That is to say pre-meta vets, since I've been in it long enough now to be considered a vet by many. Edited by Ttoilleekul