Can we limit the mouse movement when using multiple monitors?

illgot

I use two monitors. One for the game, another for web sites.

Even when I have the game set to fullscreen (not windows fullscreen) my mouse cursor will move to my second screen when playing GS. It makes my flight controls a bit messy because instead of turning quickly I have to drag my mouse the equivalent of two screens to change direction.

agreed i also use my second screen for teamspeak when gaming to see whos on etc,

or have a browser with crafting info, anything like that.

since i do 3d grafics and music also i need my 2 screens for the tool space when i work.

It does happen fairly often in space, trying to turn oops clicked a bit in the second screen game alt tabbed,

tab back in alive if lucky, bad luck got killed, really bad luck suicide lol...

i would also appreciate a kind of screen lock :)

Edited by ODTONE

Yeah would be really nice. I've killed myself so many times on satellites trying to do hard banks only to click my other screen and watch my ship fly right into something and explode as I frantically try to get my mouse cursor back over and click the screen lol.

I have a 3 monitor setup (well 2 monitors and a HDTV output) and my main screen is in the center so I'm getting it on the right and left :(

It's a real pain trying to disable the other monitors too because I can't store the setup for them and have to rearrange and resize them all when I enable them again.

This is the only PC game I have that doesn't lock the mouse when in full screen so I wonder why the Devs never added that functionality?

This was something that was addressed during testing. There isn't a way to limit the movement of the mouse due to technical reasons. The devs did compensate for this by tightening the reticle a bit though. If you are still having issues with the mouse moving to another screen then you need to do one or two things. First stop making giant sweeping moves with your mouse. It doesn't take that much to turn in the game. Second and only if the first isn't working for you is to adjust the sensitivity of your mouse. most gaming mice have the adjustment for that on the top center of the mouse. I use two monitors myself and only run into the issue of my mouse going offscreen if I start the flight with the mouse near the screen edge already. Please try to make sure the mouse is in a general center position prior to launch of the ship.

• 3 weeks later...

It would be great to have this functionality built into the SWTOR client. I always applaud indie solutions such as Cursor Lock. However, I wouldn't frown at it being added to the game as a native feature.

Consider this my "me too" statement.

• 5 months later...

For that i've been using "Dual Monitor Tools" suite.

It has a little application called "Swap Screen" which has the feature to lock the cursor on one or another screen.

Run ti > Cursor Tab > "Lock Cur onto screen" > press "Change" and set your shorcut

Have fun

EDIT : I've been forgetting the link

http://dualmonitortool.sourceforge.net/

Edited by Jontn

• 5 years later...

I realize this is a really old thread but it's one of the first results in google so maybe this'll help someone.

If you have AutoHotkey you can use this script:

Confine := 1
ClipCursor( Confine, 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight ) 

^F2:: ; Hotkey will toggle status ctrl+f2
Confine := !Confine 
ClipCursor( Confine, 0, 0, A_ScreenWidth, A_ScreenHeight ) 
Return 

ClipCursor( Confine=True, x1=0 , y1=0, x2=1, y2=1 ) { 
VarSetCapacity(R,16,0),  NumPut(x1,&R+0),NumPut(y1,&R+4),NumPut(x2,&R+8),NumPut(y2,&R+12) 
Return Confine ? DllCall( "ClipCursor", UInt,&R ) : DllCall( "ClipCursor" ) 
}

Just save it as like cursorlock.ahk and run it with AutoHotkey. Then while you're in the game (though really it'd work whenever) just press CTRL+F2 and it'll lock it to that monitor until you press it again.

I don't have nearly as useful an update as you do, but I will add that I eventually stopped using any cursor lock programs at all, as the game doesn't really require or reward you for hammering the cursor all the way to either side (it doesn't punish you for that either, and it's fine play- you just don't lose anything by not moving the cursor far enough to go off monitor).