Question about activity in Galactic Starfighter

LASmack

Hi guys,

I am new to the SWTOR universe this year. I very much wish I would have known about this game years ago when it came out, but I guess I wasn't paying attention :(.

In any case as I have been having fun exploring the game, I was really excited to try GSF as I am a fan of any thing flight-related. I tried to get a match by clicking both the battle option and the group battle option, but after about 5 minutes in queue, no luck. I am on the west coast of the United States and tried this about 9pm pacific time. I can see from the new threads that people are still playing this mode. Did I not give the queue time enough time to find a match, or are there peak times that people play this mode/expansion? Any help would be appreciated,

Thank you for the time and consideration,

Sincerely,

Smack

Edited by LASmack

Queue times vary a lot. I'm usually on Star Forge and queue times in the evening 7 to 9 Central

Time can vary from instant to half an hour, occasionally longer. During the day queue times are sometimes a lot longer. Later in the evening you usually get pops, though sometimes when a strong premade gets on it might drive some people away after a couple of one sided matches. If you are lucky enough to get in a match with strong pilots on both sides you can see some interesting matches. Just don't feed the opponents (flying all alone close to a group of veteran opposing pilots). There are a lot of resources online, especially in this forum, for learning GSF.

Last week the GSF weekly was a big conquest point objective, so a lot of people were flying then.

I don't know how fast the queue is on Satele Shan these days. If you are on that server and are not getting enough matches, try starting a character on Star Forge.

Hi ThutmoseV,

Thank you for the reply, I will do some more investigating tonight to check out the queue times. Thank you also for the tip on the Star Forge server. I am currently reading through several guides, however, without being able to see something first hand, like how the upgrades work, I am somewhat lost. Youtube tutorials seem to be helpful.

Thanks again for the heads-up, appreciate the time!

One quick way to find out if the queue is popping is to search the who window for active matches with the following keywords.

shipy denon mesas over

That'll show you any players of your faction that are in a current GSF match.

You can also (and should) join your servers GSF channel by typing /cjoin gsf

Hi ThutmoseV,

Thank you for the reply, I will do some more investigating tonight to check out the queue times. Thank you also for the tip on the Star Forge server. I am currently reading through several guides, however, without being able to see something first hand, like how the upgrades work, I am somewhat lost. Youtube tutorials seem to be helpful.

Thanks again for the heads-up, appreciate the time!

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=729222

Stasies guide really helped me amp up my GSF game... the rest is dying over and over again untill you reach the point when you stop dying and start killing :)