Do all the Race/class Story happen at the sametime?

LinkNukem

For example during the Sith Warrior class story does the Jedi Knight story happen at the sametime?

While my Sith Warrior is doing chapter one, does the Jedi Knight, Consular, Bounty Hunter and etc are also doing their chapter one or the other classes doesn't exist?

For example during the Sith Warrior class story does the Jedi Knight story happen at the sametime?

While my Sith Warrior is doing chapter one, does the Jedi Knight, Consular, Bounty Hunter and etc are also doing their chapter one or the other classes doesn't exist?

Yes, but they don't exactly end and start at the same time.

They all start at 10 ATC (After the Treaty of Coruscant) What we don't know is how long Chapter 1-3 is, but we can say it's not a 1 day or even month thing. There is some time between some missions, planets, stories. Jedi even goes months between chapter 2 and 3.

We know Chapter 3 for SW finishes before SI.

Chapters one through three take a year (to answer SithKoriandr).

That's a lot of time for stories to start roughly the same time, and end roughly the same time, but there's occasionally hints that allow you to put relative chronologies into effect. But, because we're working with a year's worth of time, there's some with a lot of leeway.

• Thanaton is on the Dark Council during the finale of Warrior story, so it must necessarily end before Inquisitor Corellia.
  • Knight finale can happen any time after Warrior Voss. (Knight and Warrior stories are heavily intertwined, by the way.)
  • Smuggler is done on Alderaan around the time the Bounty Hunter gets there, because the head in a jar you drop off as a smuggler is already on display in the museum which the bounty hunter breaks into very early on.

And that's only the ones I can remember immediately.

Edited by Diviciacus

Chapters one through three take a year (to answer SithKoriandr).

That's a lot of time for stories to start roughly the same time, and end roughly the same time, but there's occasionally hints that allow you to put relative chronologies into effect. But, because we're working with a year's worth of time, there's some with a lot of leeway.

• Thanaton is on the Dark Council during the finale of Warrior story, so it must necessarily end before Inquisitor Corellia.
  • Knight finale can happen any time after Warrior Voss. (Knight and Warrior stories are heavily intertwined, by the way.)
  • Smuggler is done on Alderaan around the time the Bounty Hunter gets there, because the head in a jar you drop off as a smuggler is already on display in the museum which the bounty hunter breaks into very early on.

And that's only the ones I can remember immediately.

How sure are you on that 1 year. I've heard up to 3 years. Knight is held by the Empire for months going out doing bad things.

How sure are you on that 1 year. I've heard up to 3 years. Knight is held by the Empire for months going out doing bad things.

Because it makes zero sense that everything from 51-60 happens in less than a year. Between Makeb and level 55 daily areas and story sections and Forged Alliances and Yavin and Ziost there's so many blasted breaks of several weeks to months that it's literally not possible for that to all happen in 3640BBY. (Despite Wookieepedia saying Makeb is already 3640BBY.)

Because it makes zero sense that everything from 51-60 happens in less than a year. Between Makeb and level 55 daily areas and story sections and Forged Alliances and Yavin and Ziost there's so many blasted breaks of several weeks to months that it's literally not possible for that to all happen in 3640BBY. (Despite Wookieepedia saying Makeb is already 3640BBY.)

I agree on that as well. Makes no sense for Makeb all the way up to Ziost to be under a year. Hell, Lana and Theron being gone before Rishi felt like lots of time went by while they were in hiding.

Then more time seemed to have gone by between Yavin 4 and Ziost. More than just a few weeks.

Okay well spoilers for both Smuggler and Agent stories but, a certain figure from the Smuggler storyline who appears very briefly in the post alderaan part of act 1

Nok Drayaan

appears in a holocall in the Agent storyline between Belsavis and Voss which you are told is 6 months old, meaning that act 2 takes less than 6 months. That is the only concrete timeline info the game gives you, that i've seen at least.

Edited by Burnheartzero

Okay well spoilers for both Smuggler and Agent stories but, a certain figure from the Smuggler storyline who appears very briefly in the post alderaan part of act 1

Nok Drayaan

appears in a holocall in the Agent storyline between Belsavis and Voss which you are told is 6 months old, meaning that act 2 takes less than 6 months. That is the only concrete timeline info the game gives you, that i've seen at least.

So the end of Chapter 1 Smuggler and Middle of Chapter 3 Agent is about 6 months, but it doesn't really give us a good timeline.

Knight was held prisoner for months as well, but if memory serves, the Warrior ends after the the Knights.

Sort of. The side quests don't count but you can figure out a few points. Based on the Makeb Imperial ending, you can infer that Jedi knight is finishing up around that time, or was one of the last to wrap up. We can also tell that the republic Belsavis story takes place before the imperial one because in the main side quest chain Warden Graal calls the warden you're in the process of killing while in the republic he is just an assistant warden that hasn't gotten his promotion yet.

They all start at 10 ATC (After the Treaty of Coruscant)

There's clear evidence that at least two start almost at the same moment in time, not just during the same year:

On Ord Mantell, one of Corso or Skavak tells the smuggler right at the very beginning that a Republic walker just ate a missile fired from the village nearby. One can only conclude that this is the same walker that contains the brand-new Trooper, and eats, strictly speaking, two missiles.

Similarly:

Both the JC and JK stories start during the same series of attacks by the Flesh Raiders, although I don't recall any direct references in one story to events in the other story.

I always thought the Empire storylines happened later due to the state of each planet tending to be set later than the republics version, such as on Taris.

Taris and Balmorra don't really count for congruency like this. You're supposed to be there months after the opposite faction has done their thing.

The Inquisitor's class story seems to conclude before all of the characters on the Republic side. At the end of his or her storyline you see all of the Dark Council members, including the four that are killed by the Jedi/Republic player characters on Corellia and Ilum. Edited by Aeneas_Falco

The Inquisitor's class story seems to conclude before all of the characters on the Republic side. At the end of his or her storyline you see all of the Dark Council members, including the four that are killed by the Jedi/Republic player characters on Corellia and Ilum.

Fneeble? Ilum is *after* the end of Chapter Three, so something that happens there is irrelevant when arguing about the order in which the stories end.

The Inquisitor's class story seems to conclude before all of the characters on the Republic side. At the end of his or her storyline you see all of the Dark Council members, including the four that are killed by the Jedi/Republic player characters on Corellia and Ilum.

But those are not class stories, so it tells us nothing about the relative timelines of the class stories.

I don't quite see how the Inquisitor could have started training in 10 ATC, training from naught to apprentice in a couple of month doesn't make sense, if both Jedi and Sith usually spend most of their childhood training. There's also little reason not to place it years earlier, at least I haven't found any events that would tie it to a particular timeframe.

Edited by nimmerstil

But those are not class stories, so it tells us nothing about the relative timelines of the class stories.

I don't quite see how the Inquisitor could have started training in 10 ATC, training from naught to apprentice in a couple of month doesn't make sense, if both Jedi and Sith usually spend most of their childhood training. There's also little reason not to place it years earlier, at least I haven't found any events that would tie it to a particular timeframe.

You were a slave, your force abilities could have gone unnoticed until right before you arrived, or they could have been noticed, but your owners didn't care that you had force abilities, instead, they wanted to keep you for whatever reason...debt, sex, butler, maid, mechanic, farming, lots of reasons.

I do agree it doesn't make since the story only takes place over a year's time. :p Especially with how various scenes play out and companion scenes work out.

That is the only concrete timeline info the game gives you, that i've seen at least.

There's a direct reference in the opening cinematic of the Smuggler story to events in the opening cinematic of the Trooper story (the destruction of the walker), and it's clear that this event just happened, establishing that the Trooper and the Smuggler start on the same day.

It's sort of implied that the JC and JK start very close together in time as well, but there isn't a direct reference in the same way.

The easiest way is to just go with each chapter being about a year long. I don't care what Wookiepeedia says, there's no way that RotHC, SoR AND Ziost all happened in one year. So, figure Chapter 1=1 year, etc. So we're currently in chapter 5 interlude, so 5 years or so have gone by. Then Chapter 1 of KotFE is probably 2-4 months after Ziost and then you're frozen for 5 years once chapter 3 is out of kotfe.

So, by the time you're thawed out in chapter 3 of kotfe, 10 years total has passed since you were a newb in chapter 1.

So for instance, my sith warrior would be 28 years old when she's thawed out. 18 at chapter 1 vanilla, 28 at chapter 3 kotfe.

It's just easier to do it this way until a dev comes here and says 100% for sure how much time truly passed BEFORE chapter 1 of kotfe begins.

If I recall my Agent story, when you get to taris, isn't ir right after the JK has been through there?

I believe not. It is true that Lokin and some others mention the scientist the JK was rescuing, but since the Empire took over Taris it has been a while after the JK.

Also, in terms of Corellia, one of the first agent missions

[/in the pub base, a hologram mentions SpecOps (Havoc squad) and general Rakton, and elite alien shock troops (the Esh-Ka from Consular)SPOILER]

The easiest way is to just go with each chapter being about a year long. I don't care what Wookiepeedia says, there's no way that RotHC, SoR AND Ziost all happened in one year. So, figure Chapter 1=1 year, etc. So we're currently in chapter 5 interlude, so 5 years or so have gone by. Then Chapter 1 of KotFE is probably 2-4 months after Ziost and then you're frozen for 5 years once chapter 3 is out of kotfe.

So, by the time you're thawed out in chapter 3 of kotfe, 10 years total has passed since you were a newb in chapter 1.

So for instance, my sith warrior would be 28 years old when she's thawed out. 18 at chapter 1 vanilla, 28 at chapter 3 kotfe.

It's just easier to do it this way until a dev comes here and says 100% for sure how much time truly passed BEFORE chapter 1 of kotfe begins.

I agree. No way only a year's gone by with Ilum to Ziost. More than a year goes by with chapter 1-3 too. You can tell that, just by the dialogues.

I believe not. It is true that Lokin and some others mention the scientist the JK was rescuing, but since the Empire took over Taris it has been a while after the JK.

Also, in terms of Corellia, one of the first agent missions

[/in the pub base, a hologram mentions SpecOps (Havoc squad) and general Rakton, and elite alien shock troops (the Esh-Ka from Consular)SPOILER]

Also

If I remember correctly, Watcher 2 mentions that the sith use imperial ressources on Corellia for their own stuff and names both Thanaton and Baras

I only know for certain that the warrior ends his story before the inquistor, because:

you can see Thanaton in the council chambers when the warrior confronts Darth Baras