I had a dream

Wimbleton

So there i was, walking down the sidewalk on a sultry hot summer day. The kind that has just the perfect mix of humidity and heat to really make you second guess your entire existence. Luckily for me I had a near-frozen can of Sprite. Even the sound of it opening, knowing what was waiting for me as soon as I took a sip was nearly enough to make me forget just how hot this day was. And on any other day, I likely would have completely forgotten my predicament all together.

But this was no normal day and I luckily had a supernormal drink. As water started to condense on the side of the can, drops running down to my hand as if they were racing to be the first one to reach my skin. Synapses going off in my brain, screaming commands back down my arm and hand to lift this can to my mouth.

I started to raise the can, the promise of not just relief, but oasis incarnate, total comfort, a mere half second away.

But as my lips pucker forward, uncomfortably I might add, due to them being dried and cracked, I saw something that made me stop.

Yes, even on this day, with the promise of rescue a split second away, I paused.

Before me on the road was Vandin, writhing in a fire, calling for help. "Please!" it shouted, "just poor that on me and I'll be saved!" The desperation in its cry was palpable. I could feel it the same as I could feel the cold can begin its transition into a slightly cool drink.

So I quickly took a deep draw on my Sprite and kept walking.

Then I woke up and realized the nightmare had just started and queued into a Vandin, maniacal laughter sounding deep within my head, I think.

Edited by Wimbleton