Speculation: Any surprises in 6.0 Onslaught?

Rion_Starkiller

So we know that there will be two new planets in Onslaught: Onderon and Mek-Sha (i know, i know... Mek-Sha isn't a planet. Thanks, nerd). There will be 1 new Operation and 1 new Flashpoint. There will be +5 levels. There will be a Malgus-related storyline involving Empire vs Republic. There will also be a new species: Nautolan. There will be a number of UI improvements, including character sheet and a crafting mats inventory tab, Without getting deep into it, there will also be a lot of new gearing options.

This is what we know. So what don't we know? Does anyone have speculative ideas of what else could be coming with 6.0? Please don't post anything datamined as that that is against the forum rules and will be deleted by the mods -- though I'm happy to receive PM's of datamined material.

Use this thread as a place to dump your speculation and observations from the PTS.

PS - I might have hallucinated this, but wasn't there a thread on the PTS forum where someone found a world boss on either Onderon or Mek-Sha? I can't find it.

Edited by Rion_Starkiller

I could be wrong, and we will know in 1 week, but I have a sneaking suspicion that while it will be true that we only get 2 planets, an op and a flashpoint, I suspect this expansion will feel a lot BIGGER than we were led to believe. Maybe it will be the scale of the new planets, or time invested, or the resources dedicated.

But I get the feeling the development team is really holding back, preferring to undersell and overdeliver, vs their usual way of doing the opposite.

I could be wrong, and we will know in 1 week, but I have a sneaking suspicion that while it will be true that we only get 2 planets, an op and a flashpoint, I suspect this expansion will feel a lot BIGGER than we were led to believe. Maybe it will be the scale of the new planets, or time invested, or the resources dedicated.

But I get the feeling the development team is really holding back, preferring to undersell and overdeliver, vs their usual way of doing the opposite.

If that includes time with all of my toons LIs then I will be a happy camper, but I won't hold my breath - they seem to rather throwing out new romances like candy then spending any efforts on existing,

One bit of story speculation: I’ve held onto the fan theory that “Mek-Sha” is actually Peragus II from KOTOR II. Last we saw the planet it was a world that was used for fuel mining and then destroyed. In the 300 years since KOTOR II, I like to think that the Hutts started occupying the leftover asteroids that once belonged to the destroyed world, and renamed it Mek-Sha.

Now that the galaxy is seeing extreme resource shortages (thanks, Arcann), the Republic and Empire are turning toward Mek-Sha in hopes of squeezing every last drop of fuel out of the system.

Mainly I like this speculation because it means both worlds we’re seeing in Onslaught are actually from KOTOR II!

Edited by Anysao

Minor graphical updates, such as air illumination from light sources and light rays.

The water vapor condensing near the artificial lights isn’t new, it’s for sure present in the Rishi stronghold already if not other areas as well. Kid Lee calls it smoke but it’s probably condensed water vapor. From a realistic perspective this occurs only if the lights run hot or the air is very cold. I would bet the Empire keeps its station pretty cool.

The light rays from exterior stars does appear to be new.

Edited by phalczen

Rishi and Yavin 4 were two planets in one expansion. It also included two operations and two flashpoints. Onslaught has one operation and one flashpoint.

Rishi and Yavin 4 were two planets in one expansion. It also included two operations and two flashpoints. Onslaught has one operation and one flashpoint.

True, but Onslaught also is free and comes with a revolutionary gear revamp.

i think 4.0 was the best expansion... even the two flashpoints leading up to it were pretty good

i think 4.0 was the best expansion... even the two flashpoints leading up to it were pretty good

I think you mean 3.0, which was Shadow of Revan. That one had four flashpoints leading up to it.

And if that is what you mean, then I agree with you wholeheartedly.

I was just told that mercs are getting a gear set that will boost Blazing Bolts or Unload by 25% greater damage and add a 90% snare to it. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds about right seeing how Snipers get phasewalk and Operatives will be getting 6 rolls on top of a big boost to their burst, and sins getting buffs to their burst too.

Sounds like this will be the DPS update DPS mains been waiting for. Healers apparently are indirectly eating nerfs across the board with all the buffs to DPS in 6.0 and no real increase to their own HPS.

Honestly guys, I wanted to talk about lesser known, or secret things that might be coming with 6.0. Oh well :)

I was just told that mercs are getting a gear set that will boost Blazing Bolts or Unload by 25% greater damage and add a 90% snare to it. Anyone know anything about this?

Sounds about right seeing how Snipers get phasewalk and Operatives will be getting 6 rolls on top of a big boost to their burst, and sins getting buffs to their burst too.

Sounds like this will be the DPS update DPS mains been waiting for. Healers apparently are indirectly eating nerfs across the board with all the buffs to DPS in 6.0 and no real increase to their own HPS.

Doesn't Blazing Bolts already snare opponents? As for dealing more dmg, idk, but I do see a tactical that will make someone able to do 2 Blazing Bolts back to back:

Power Cycle

When you use an ability with power Surge, that ability is not put on cooldown.

Source: https://mmobits.com/2019/08/14/6-0-mercenary-changes-set-bonuses-and-tactical-items-pts/

Unfortunately, XamXam and Vulkk haven't updated the set bonuses and tacticals since August. I think the last couple of PTS refreshes in October saw some tweaks to set bonuses and tacticals.