An in-depth look at: Force Powers- Force Cloak

Aurbere

"I would use it as I would a poison, and in the hopes of understanding it, I will learn to kill it."- Darth Traya, expert in the art of concealment

The ability to cloak ones self in The Force was used for thousands of years before the Jedi Order's downfall and the rise of the Galactic Empire. It is a rare ability in which a Jedi uses The Force to bend light around them, making them invisible to the sight.

The use of Force cloak tends to be a natural ability, but, despite its difficulty to learn, others have learned to use it. Because of the technique's ability to physically bend light around the self, Force Cloak rendered the user completely invisible to droids. This trait greatly benefits a Jedi during stealth missions.

However, there is no single method for stealth. Many Jedi prefer the Jedi Mind Trick to make themselves invisible. The Jedi Master Yarael Poof demonstrated his uncanny ability for stealth by Mind Trick by making himself invisible to his fellow Jedi. However, droids are immune to mind tricks, and thus would not be fooled, making Force Cloak more effective than the use of Mind Trick.

But unlike Mind Trick, Force Cloak requires great concentration and a great deal of energy to maintain. This drawback often diminishes the worth of such a powerful technique.

Force Cloak has been used and developed for millenia. The Jedi Knight Juhani possessed a natural talent for this ability.

The Sith Lord Darth Traya used this technique often, saying that the manipulation of ones sight was just another of her many tools to manipulate others. Through this technique, her disguise as Kreia was easily maintained and allowed her to move about friend and foe alike without drawing unwanted attention.

However, Jedi and Sith were not the only practitioners of this ability. The Nightsister Lomi Plo was able to use the fears of her foes to hide herself from sight, even doing this against Luke Skywalker. The cult of the Disciples of Twilight developed a modification of this technique, which they called 'Shadow Armor.' They used their command of The Force to wrap light and shadow around themselves, making themselves unseen in the darkness.

Despite the drawbacks of being difficult to master and requiring a great deal of energy to use, Force Cloak is a powerful technique. While some Jedi prefer to use the Jedi Mind Trick, the utility and power of Force Cloak should not be underestimated. As history has proven, nothing is more dangerous than an enemy you can't see.

Requested by Beniboybling

Have a request? Post it below, in the Index, or PM me! :)

Query: What is the technique that Sidious used to mask his dark side presence from the Jedi Order?

And thanks for doing my request.

That would be Force stealth (which I will cover). It allows a Force user to hide their alignment or even their presence from other Force users.

I am planning on doing Sith magic soon as well. Probably along with Darth Malak.

Edit: I do believe Force stealth is another one of Traya's powers.

Edited by Aurbere

Yeah, I think that's how she hid her presence from the Jedi Masters and other Jedi when she was around them. If I recall correctly Zez-Kai Ell remarked that she was 'difficult to see'.

Yup. Hearing Zez say that for the first time I was like 'Dude! Are your bushy eyebrows blocking your eyes? She's right there!'

Of course that was a long time ago. :D

That would be Force stealth (which I will cover). It allows a Force user to hide their alignment or even their presence from other Force users.

I am planning on doing Sith magic soon as well. Probably along with Darth Malak.

Edit: I do believe Force stealth is another one of Traya's powers.

Isn't Force Stealth the technique Jacen taught to ben, who in turn taught it to hiw mother, Mara Jade?

I am also wondering about something, I gues you can call this my request, but are there other Force powers that control elements like fire? Streen could control the wind. Are there Jedi that can control fore, water and such?

I ask this because I write stories based on my old SWG characters and one I created for RP (not created in game but the baby of my Jedi) I gave the ability to control fire. Is it possible?

Edited by Kilikaa

Isn't Force Stealth the technique Jacen taught to ben, who in turn taught it to hiw mother, Mara Jade?

I am also wondering about something, I gues you can call this my request, but are there other Force powers that control elements like fire? Streen could control the wind. Are there Jedi that can control fore, water and such?

I ask this because I write stories based on my old SWG characters and one I created for RP (not created in game but the baby of my Jedi) I gave the ability to control fire. Is it possible?

I believe it is.

The ability you see Streen use is called Alter Environment. There are abilities to create fire (like Alter Environment). Combustion is one such power, however it doesn't normally create fire and it is not well known.

I believe it is.

The ability you see Streen use is called Alter Environment. There are abilities to create fire (like Alter Environment). Combustion is one such power, however it doesn't normally create fire and it is not well known.

So I wasn't just making S@@t up when I gave my character that ability. :D I figured it was possible but was not sure what the actual ability was called. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps you can do an in-depth look at Alter Environment and even Combustion? They aren't well known powers but I think people would find them interesting.

Keep up the good work! :)

EDIT: Just noticed that the first mention in your reply was an actual link to you AE thread. I need more coffee or something lol. So, yeah, nevermind about doing the "look at" thread, you already did. :D

Edited by Kilikaa

So I wasn't just making S@@t up when I gave my character that ability. :D I figured it was possible but was not sure what the actual ability was called. Thanks for the clarification. Perhaps you can do an in-depth look at Alter Environment and even Combustion? They aren't well known powers but I think people would find them interesting.

Keep up the good work! :)

EDIT: Just noticed that the first mention in your reply was an actual link to you AE thread. I need more coffee or something lol. So, yeah, nevermind about doing the "look at" thread, you already did. :D

Well the link provided is to my thread on Alter Environment, but you are the second person to request Combustion. I'll probably make it along with Sith Magic and Darth Malak (coming soon).

Edited by Aurbere