MMO that prohibits the MM portion to finish Act 3?

dynastynyy

Can someone tell me why we cant take friends in to help with Number One with a Bullet? this quest has set me back almost 75k credits, and about 20 unsuccessful tries. why would a game labeled as an MMO strictly prohibit the MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER portion of the acronym???

Also, can someone offer me some assistance for an advanced prototype PT to beat the Supreme guards??

are you sure you cant bring people?

what makes you think you cant?

though i personally did my own storylines 100% solo (and easily without any trouble), this was purely by choice

ive helped many many other people complete their class story lines in groups

---

if you are simply confused by the pop up that comes up when entering story instances you may want to read it closer, its not stopping you from bringing other people in, its warning you that only one of you can complete the story at a time while doing it. so 2 bh doing a part of the same story line, only the instance owner will complete his, you would have to do it again for the other person with them as group leader/instance owner

or is there something else stopping you from bringing people? even for the story modes where you need to trigger something in your ship like the intercom, simply have your group enter your ship together before starting it

i dont recall any point in the story lines for any class that have ever stopped you from bringing a group, this would be a first

Also, can someone offer me some assistance for an advanced prototype PT to beat the Supreme guards??

I'm tank spec but what I did:

Geared up a dps companion (Torian)

Both of us focus fired one

Quell for first interrupt, Carbonize for second, Quell for third, Electro Dart for 4th, Quell for 5th, etc

Stun stun stun. Using Mako, you will probably not have enough DPS to down one (as the other can outheal the damage). But I personally didn't take a lot of damage from this encounter so I used Explosive Fuel and the Power Relic clicky and burned has hard as I could as fast as I could. One died. Then I moved on to the other and he was toast.

If you let both of them sit and heal nonstop, you won't win.

yeh ive tried to isolate one and then kill the other, but to no avail. It's becoming quite frustrating...also, ive tried every way possible to get a friend in to help, but they cant even see the orbital station on their starmap. Is it confirmed for sure that this quest must be done solo?

If you really cannot do it solo, you might want to try bringing another bounty hunter on the same stage of the quest you are on along. You would both be able to get to the station and go through the phase, zone out, complete it for the other person.

I did it on my Mercenary solo and cleared it with ease thanks to concussion missile.

ah look, someone who hasnt actually done Number one with a Bullet...

i have done number one with a bullet, ive done my entire class story line to 100% completion, but as i said, i did all of my story 100% solo by choice without even the slightest challenge

so, ah look, someone who does not read a post in full

i even made a point of asking what is different for you that its not allowing you to take a group? ive been able to help every other class with their end game story lines in a group and i am wondering what makes you think this one is different?

as i am already beyond that point i cannot just go back and test what you are talking about, i solo'd that quest 2 or 3 weeks ago

but as i pointed out in my post (that you clearly did not read all of) and as others have said: if you are talking about an intercom started mission you simply need to group up and bring them on your ship before starting quests like this

i believe the failure here is your lack of understanding the game mechanics (and a failure to read my post which answered this) rather than a failure on my part of "not having done this quest" which you wrongfully jumped to

Edited by Kunovega

I think it was too easy personally.

^this. that quest goes by so fast i barely realized that my class story lines were quickly comeing to an end, i was expecting a challenge somewhere along the lines but not once from lvl 1 to 50 did i ever feel the need for a group

and than the end comes to all bh story and its like, oh look, crappy legs i will never wear. not even a cool gun, helmet or chest piece

i win the war for the empire and i cant even say "i did x and all i got was a crappy tshirt", nope, its i win the war for the empire and they gave me pants...

i did get a chuckle out of the last comment he gave me, when they let you make a speach, i gave the advertisement one offering my services and the darth is like... well i wasnt expecting you to make a comercial or something like that

course now that ive offered my services the galaxy, no one will hire me, theres no more quests anywhere for me to do (yea yea, daily repeatables that feel empty and pointless)

Edited by Kunovega

ah look, someone who hasnt actually done Number one with a Bullet...

I did the entire class quest story line solo. Even "Number One with a Bullet" Did I die once? Sure. But I still did it as a DPS Merc and Blizz as my companion. You should be able to bring in help as well.

Best Of Luck-

-The rest of the BH who solo'd it too.

yeh ive tried to isolate one and then kill the other, but to no avail. It's becoming quite frustrating...also, ive tried every way possible to get a friend in to help, but they cant even see the orbital station on their starmap. Is it confirmed for sure that this quest must be done solo?

You don't have to do it solo.

Also, and I am not trying to be rude, but your gear must be horrid or you are way too low of a level if you are having that many problems.

i win the war for the empire and i cant even say "i did x and all i got was a crappy tshirt", nope, its i win the war for the empire and they gave me pants...

Well, hell. The main reason I picked BH for my Imperial char was because I thought they were pretty independent and didn't care for the politics. Now I might as well go back to playing my vanguard. At least his armor looks good.

do i need to reset my quest in order to grab someone and take them with me?

Nope. Go to the fleet.

Create your party.

Enter your ships instance and your party can then follow you and join you on your ship.

Fly your ship to the area and they can help out.

I helped a guildy out with the bugged IA darth jadus encounter in the same way that is on a particular location others don't have on their maps

My first toon was leveling a Jedi Sent.

BH Class Storyline was a joke in comparison when it comes to difficulty. I barely remember Number One with a Bullet because it was such a non-factor when I was solo-ing.

Only issue I had was with that Jedi on the ship that full-healed. Had to respec from heals to DPS for that one.

Edited by Puzzlybox

Well, ok yea most of us that have done it solo'd it. this guy is having trouble doing his, we might want to ask for some relevent information instead of just tossing out how bad he is.

1. What is your level?

2. What spec?

3. Is your main companion well geared?

4. Where are you having the most trouble? a specific fight?

5. And if it is a specific fight what is your current strategy?

Answer up as much of these as you can and I will try to help you figure out how to solo it if you want, though what they have said here is true, you can take a friend.