Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Gantoris_Aym
01.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #51
Quote: Originally Posted by Demetriscy View Post
Give the guy some slack...at least it is the first time they publicly achknowledge that even top-end systems suffer fps issues....I mean what did you expect from this "guide" anyway, a magical console line that will alleviate the issues? The issues will be fixed over time with patches, not in a week, not in two weeks, it will take months...
right, and we pay by the month, so while we're paying them to fix these problems we don't get our money's worth out of the game. So less people play until it's fixed, which gives them less money, which slows down their work, which in turn makes it take longer to fix the problems, and the people who quit playing increases. See what i'm getting at?

Demetriscy
01.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #52
Quote: Originally Posted by xdethrok View Post
That's exactly what he promised. A way to optimize our performance.

I mean, look at the title of the topic for God's sake. It has nothing to do with optimization.
O.K. I have to agree with you on that, title is quite misleading for its content...

renegadeimp
01.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #53
Here's an idea. Just cancel your sub and come back at a later date. Mass cancellations and no money going to them speaks a lot louder than people raging on an internet forum.
Streamline - A guide to speeding up low - mid range Computer systems.
Latency Thread - Latency issue gathering thread..
Have a tech issue you need help with? You can nomally find me on the Customer Support forum.

Designedcoma
01.30.2012 , 03:58 PM | #54
Quote: Originally Posted by ohmslaw View Post
This is what happens when a Single Player Company thinks they can play with the big kids and be an MMO maker. Bioware Layoffs Incoming!!

This means that Renegadeimp is gonna have to find a real job, sorry fellas
This ^^^ Is just what I tell people. If you are a Console developer stick with it. Stop trying to get into MMO market, you don't know what you are doing. Simple as that. Yes WoW had its issues at first launch. Yes they have issues with patch launches and xpan launches but. Look at how optimized it is. There were problems with Litch King but did not take long to fix. You don't know what you are doing and I am sorry Lucas Arts got mixed up with these jokers.

DarthHemsky
01.30.2012 , 03:59 PM | #55
This is a joke.

After the 1.5-2 months of silence on the issue, THIS, is what you came up with? I've been checking the forums daily to hear word from you guys about the problem, and THIS, is your big crack at it?

Holy crap. Good day SWTOR, EA, Bioware.
Now I am the Master.

Demetriscy
01.30.2012 , 03:59 PM | #56
Quote: Originally Posted by Gantoris_Aym View Post
right, and we pay by the month, so while we're paying them to fix these problems we don't get our money's worth out of the game. So less people play until it's fixed, which gives them less money, which slows down their work, which in turn makes it take longer to fix the problems, and the people who quit playing increases. See what i'm getting at?
I agree man and I am too in the "5% community" trust me but I don't believe any guides or single patches will fix the issues (i lost hope weeks ago) - it's a vicious cycle with MMOs regarding the money side of things I agree with you, with a singleplayer game if its not running well you just take it back to the shop but with MMOs there's the hope it will be fixed one day meanwhile there is the subscription...I take your point fully

MontyPopcorn
01.30.2012 , 04:00 PM | #57
I have had this game since yesterday and i am watching the free trail days decrease. So far I have not even got to the character creation screen....

Jdaddy
01.30.2012 , 04:00 PM | #58
So the community already said all of those stated in your post for you, 3 weeks ago. This is pathetic. Well its clear that these companies are not going to break even on what they spent to make the game. You can already see a decline the player base whether it be from performance issues to the amount of bugs to the lack of end game content. I will give you guys this though, this was the best single player mmo i have played but what about everything else.

Epicopter
01.30.2012 , 04:01 PM | #59
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
To be clear, we never said that this was going to be a quick fix, in fact, I posted the following:

Every PC is different, and we wanted to help folks understand the different settings in SWTOR and how they each affect performance including FPS. SWTOR is a demanding game and the PC is a complex machine. It's not always possible to have a single "fix" for various issues and our hope is for this guide to act as a reference to help diagnose your specific issues. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
[/color]
I get 100fps everywhere except Warzones, Ilum and the fleet. I expect to lag in Ilum and the Fleet but there is no reason my fps should drop to 25 when I am in a Warzone. This is before any combat even takes place....

There is a issue, a major issue, with your engine, it has nothing to do with our computers.
Kazar
<Bad Reputation>

Dakku
01.30.2012 , 04:02 PM | #60
Sorry, but anyone with a marginal understanding of computers and the ability to access the settings tab in a video game has likely tried these suggestions within the first seven minutes of noting the problem.