Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

A Note on General Performance Issues

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Customer Service (Read-Only)
A Note on General Performance Issues

First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Evertal
01.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #41
Could you at least comment if the game is performing according to your goals? As in if you comply with the given min and recommended specs on the game box that the game is playing as expected?

I suspect, and you even hint it with the 1G remark, that the game is currently NOT behaving as you expected.

Also your "guide" does not justify why the FPS is so location driven, not talking PVP or fleet, like for example Balmorra really taxing the system compared to other planets.

Xesha
01.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #42
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
To be clear, we never said that this was going to be a quick fix, in fact, I posted the following:

Every PC is different, and we wanted to help folks understand the different settings in SWTOR and how they each affect performance including FPS. SWTOR is a demanding game and the PC is a complex machine. It's not always possible to have a single "fix" for various issues and our hope is for this guide to act as a reference to help diagnose your specific issues. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
[/color]
It didn't even give us any hint on how to optimize our FPS beyond in game settings or buying new hardware...
"Hey, I know! I'll use my trusty frying pan... as a drying pan!" - Brock

Designedcoma
01.30.2012 , 03:53 PM | #43
No error codes, just bad poor performance. If I could get my 6 months back I would. Guess I will level toons until then and cancel. Hell, I can cancel now and just wait for the time to run out or by some miracle things will work out in the end.

Troese
01.30.2012 , 03:54 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
To be clear, we never said that this was going to be a quick fix, in fact, I posted the following:

Every PC is different, and we wanted to help folks understand the different settings in SWTOR and how they each affect performance including FPS. SWTOR is a demanding game and the PC is a complex machine. It's not always possible to have a single "fix" for various issues and our hope is for this guide to act as a reference to help diagnose your specific issues. Thank you for taking the time to read it.
[/color]
Look at the 15 Threads called : Horrid FPS...

FaithInChaoz
01.30.2012 , 03:54 PM | #45
pfff i had hope for at least some client_settings.ini tweaks that we are not aware of to be in this guide but this is... beyond redicolous, sorry

Gadzooks
01.30.2012 , 03:54 PM | #46
Im pretty sure most of the people who posted in the now over 15,000 post thread about horrid FPS, understand what the game settings do, and how they affect their performance.

In fact, one of the most commented and repeated things said by most users is the following:

"No real difference in performance if I set my options to HIGH or LOW"

xdethrok
01.30.2012 , 03:55 PM | #47
Quote: Originally Posted by Demetriscy View Post
Give the guy some slack...at least it is the first time they publicly achknowledge that even top-end systems suffer fps issues....I mean what did you expect from this "guide" anyway, a magical console line that will alleviate the issues? The issues will be fixed over time with patches, not in a week, not in two weeks, it will take months...
That's exactly what he promised. A way to optimize our performance.

I mean, look at the title of the topic for God's sake. It has nothing to do with optimization.
Intel i5-2500k @ 4.5 GHz | MSI P67A-GD65 | G.SKILL Ripjaws 8GB DDR3-1600 | OCZ Vertex II 64GB Boot | Corsair Force Series 3 120GB | MSI N570GTX Power Edition @ 900/1800/2150

kailor
01.30.2012 , 03:55 PM | #48
are you taking the piss?

senalya
01.30.2012 , 03:55 PM | #49
You didn't even admit this game is I/O bound.
It's a shame, an affront and a lack of professionalism.
I'm so desapointed...
Le seul fix possible pour illum c'est l'étoile de la mort.
Met ces ****** de lunettes.

Donniedarkomn
01.30.2012 , 03:56 PM | #50
ok so now that ive tried all these things (weeks ago btw) what can i do to actually fix my fps problem? oh thats right absolutely nothing.