Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

youtube channel with plans for weekly GSF lets plays!

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Galactic Starfighter
youtube channel with plans for weekly GSF lets plays!

taxidermis
11.21.2018 , 07:35 PM | #11
yes i need to work on strafing, its something that was recently pointed out to me as well lol. thanks!
check out my youtube for SWTOR content @Swtor-Nerd Gaming!
Click for 7 day sub and more! link
Swtor-Nerd's Facebook or Twitter!

taxidermis
11.28.2018 , 12:50 PM | #12
posted a new lets-play guys!! played some strike fighter in last bit of video as well! https://youtu.be/WM619HjiRL0

Drakkolich
11.28.2018 , 01:06 PM | #13
Another great video, your Gunship play was very good again, except for the Barrel rolls you called out yourself.
Definitely don't waste a Barrel and use it to Barrel towards the enemy spawn lol :P

For the Strike fighter segment, power settings matter a whole lot more in Strike fighters so the moments when you're shooting in power to engines really hurt you. The build you're using from my forum post is a Piledriver build, if you don't know what that is here is a link to my teammate Audson's explanation on how it works. http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=944782

If you like the Piledriver style of play, I'd recommend adding a little more weapon power help in the build, by either cutting the faster missile locks by swapping the magazine to a regeneration extender or adding a blaster effiency engineering passive.

In the video you mention you really like Wingman and you're not sure if you can get it on the Rycer. Copilot abilities and the passives crew provide aren't ship/class specific, they are the same no matter what ship you're playing. So if you have access to Wingman on your Gunship you definitely have access to it on your Rycer.

If you'd like a more detailed explanation on how the crew/copilot stuff works let me know and I can go over it.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

taxidermis
12.05.2018 , 05:59 AM | #14
Drak as always I appreciate the feedback! I checked out that video will need to practice the swap gun a little bit but i see the point of having 2 lasers now vs having ion.

On another note work is crazy atm and with 5.10 dropping next week all my YouTube time has been taken up by doing the last 2 expansions with my merc to bevready for the update and new story. So let's play is on hold for possibly a week or so. I'm not going anywhere I promise! Would link my story gameplay here but it's not gsf related and can be found in my thread in the community content section.

Fly well boys and girls and may the meta be ever in your favor! Cya all in a week or two!

taxidermis
12.16.2018 , 01:54 PM | #15
And im back!!! check out #5 in the lets play series! Remember to leave a like and please comment on the video itself! Subscribe if you want to see more like this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5Q43609zA

Tried out a new build this time let me know what y'all think

XaatXuun
12.16.2018 , 03:57 PM | #16
Yay a video I can "kinda" see how I did.
Thanks for the Vid, and any others that do this, just got into GSF, well started on the EU server like 3 weeks ago, don't know why I did that (stayed there for 2 weeks), lot of wasted time, but was a bit of a learning experience, still far from being decent.

Tunnel vision, I seem to do that a lot, it is taking me some time, but I'm learning to break away, if the chase is too long, there has been so many times tunnel vision with me, that it takes me to a enemy Gunship.
or a Capitol Ship as seen there at the end

I don't always go for a kill count, looks nice, but in my eyes, high assist, tells me the team is working together, high death count , sometimes just means someone is too aggressive, or totally new.

still wanted to say, cool ,a Vid that has me in it

taxidermis
12.16.2018 , 06:31 PM | #17
no problem i upload these for fun and its a huge honor when you guys take the time to comment and give feedback!
If your new to GSF i HIGHLY suggest checking out drakolichs guides he is one of the most knowledgeable pilots in the game. As well please type /cjoin gsf in game for a custom chat channel that most of the pilots are on.

its a steep learning curve but its hella fun so stick with it! Add me in game on H'edraa ill fly with you impside star forge if im on!

XaatXuun
12.17.2018 , 06:05 PM | #18
yes that's the one I used, from Drakkolich ship builds, had to skip some pages to find any up dates, since the builds were back in 2014, and I didn't see any update date on the OP.
I didn't have it booked marked, and couldn't find it again, but just did. The one thing I changed for me, on the Quell build, was the engine, that dive got me killed too many times, and find the Barrel works out better for me

speaking of Drakkolich, looked like he was on the other team, so said to my self, I better look good if they're streaming, and the first time I fired my Primary, there was a big DOH!!, earlier I was adding skill to the other upgrades, just maxing everything, got what I like so far, and this way if something changes, they be upgraded already, if they become the new meta.
The Doh!!, was I had just purchased the heavy lasers, but didn't upgrade, and forgot to switch back to to the lights, so there was a 'What The' moment, and had to deal what I could, well at least I didn't do the least amount of damage

So much for looking good in front of the camera . . well actually I was staying away from it, if there was one

Drakkolich
12.17.2018 , 06:32 PM | #19
Quote: Originally Posted by XaatXuun View Post
yes that's the one I used, from Drakkolich ship builds, had to skip some pages to find any up dates, since the builds were back in 2014, and I didn't see any update date on the OP.
I didn't have it booked marked, and couldn't find it again, but just did. The one thing I changed for me, on the Quell build, was the engine, that dive got me killed too many times, and find the Barrel works out better for me

speaking of Drakkolich, looked like he was on the other team, so said to my self, I better look good if they're streaming, and the first time I fired my Primary, there was a big DOH!!, earlier I was adding skill to the other upgrades, just maxing everything, got what I like so far, and this way if something changes, they be upgraded already, if they become the new meta.
The Doh!!, was I had just purchased the heavy lasers, but didn't upgrade, and forgot to switch back to to the lights, so there was a 'What The' moment, and had to deal what I could, well at least I didn't do the least amount of damage

So much for looking good in front of the camera . . well actually I was staying away from it, if there was one
I post in the thread whenever I update my ship builds and what I changed.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with me being on the other team, was this in one of my videos you mean?
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream

Drakkolich
12.17.2018 , 06:39 PM | #20
Quote: Originally Posted by taxidermis View Post
And im back!!! check out #5 in the lets play series! Remember to leave a like and please comment on the video itself! Subscribe if you want to see more like this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0r5Q43609zA

Tried out a new build this time let me know what y'all think
Really neat video here, showcasing your first run on a completely new build is pretty brave, but really cool to see you learning even by the end of the first match.

Your commentary on what you need to do to improve was really spot on in this one, this is a great video for helping new players learn from.

One thing about this build is how difficult it is to manage it's engine power, without having access to a thruster and Quick charge shield you've got a lot less tools to make your engine power last. This means you really need to take more downtime then normal. After boosting for long durations or after a long fight you need to take more opertunities for engine breaks to regain all that lost engine power.

There is one thing I wanted to mention, Repair drone heals 120 health every 3 seconds to ships that remain in the area of the drone, it's not a "buff" you pick up by just going to the drone and then leaving, you have to remain in it's area for a decent period of time to regain your health. You kept going in and getting 1 tick of healing and then leaving, you definitely want to stick around a touch longer to get a few more ticks in when your hull is that low and you aren't absolutely needed anywhere at that moment.
DrakolichDrakolích
The BastionTwitch Stream