Thanks for all the fun on Ilum, Ebon Hawk - and Bioware!

silvershadows

I had a ton of fun out on Ilum during the Gree event, and can't wait for it to come around again! While enjoying myself out there, I began to gather quite the collection of rage and hate, which just made it all the more fun. Some of you may hate me more for posting this, but I'm certain most all of us can agree that it's actually pretty hilarious.

I would have posted this sooner, but I've been distracted over the past few days.

So, to my fellow black hats, this hate's for you!

Edited by CommunityDroidEN

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Illusia a lot more before I saw the collage.

Hey, don't hate me. I wasn't doing anything other than killing flagged people. The reactions I got just from doing that were beyond belief in some cases, which is what amuses me.

Mind you, I died plenty of times out there myself, but never saw the need to cry about it. It never ceases to amaze me how freaked out people get over the death of their pixels.

The few times you see me saying something in the collage there are the only times I ever even really said anything while I was out there, most of my time was just spent killing everyone and everything that crossed my path. My amusement is mostly derived from the fact that with very little prompting I was called just about every name in the book (and there were some things I didn't even put up in the collage because they were even cruder than what you see).

That's why I included instances of me killing someone only to see them promptly go into general chat and start cussing up a storm.

Though my favorite is probably Blueberrypie, who pulled the infamous WoW-Esque "I'll send them a tell and ***** them out and then put them on ignore before they can respond!" move. Well, that and Splitbolt's "I'll slap the thong right outta ya" comment.

Still waiting on that, btw :p

I posted this mostly so other people could get a laugh out of how strongly people freaked out over something they could have easily avoided by switching instances :p Trust me, if you knew me, you'd know I'm not really a sociopathic ***** :p

PS- I was also nice to people and if they asked me to please let them turn in their orbs, I would. I only chain-killed people who had the sort of reactions you see in the picture :p

Edited by silvershadows

Just another 'U mad bro?' collection.

I wouldn't call it that, since I didn't ever really respond to anyone screaming in general chat (and very rarely to tells except for blueberrypie). There was no real trolling going on, just me killing people. In order for it to be a "u mad bro" collection I would have had to pose that question to people or try to troll them in chat when they complained, which I didn't do. I just killed them.

Well, I did occasionally tell people to bring it on when they said they were gonna come back with a group to kill me, but nobody ever did :(

But whatever, man, if you're gonna hate me for killing people in a pvp zone, go ahead, as you can see there's quite a club amassed :p

Edited by silvershadows

But whatever, man, if you're gonna hate me for killing people in a pvp zone, go ahead, as you can see there's quite a club amassed :p

I killed a ton of people in the PvP zone. I was really happy with the event; almost everyone I know enjoyed it. I am really glad you took advantage of the opportunity for mayhem.

What makes me sad is that there are so many people who make trophies out of upsetting people. Ridiculing them further just seems in poor taste.

I killed a ton of people in the PvP zone. I was really happy with the event; almost everyone I know enjoyed it. I am really glad you took advantage of the opportunity for mayhem.

What makes me sad is that there are so many people who make trophies out of upsetting people. Ridiculing them further just seems in poor taste.

See that's the thing, I don't think I'm ridiculing them, I think they do that all on their own. Its not that I make a trophy out of upsetting people, but that I am continually amazed (and amused) by just how much people freak out when they get killed. A lot of people out there took their deaths like men (or women), and those people I have respect for.

I didn't set out with the intention of upsetting people or making them cry, it was a byproduct of me going out there and pvping in a pvp zone. I would have been out there enjoying myself regardless of other peoples reactions, but I couldn't help but laugh at some of the vitriol that was directed at me because it was so intense (over dying in a video game!).

Try to look at it that way, I didn't purposely go out of my way to upset anyone, yet upset they got, and in most spectacular ways.

So you play tons of Ranked, yeah? Bein' all pro and shiz.

If I could solo queue for ranked or queue with the small groups I usually play with, I certainly would.

Hopefully after the xpac :)

Though, I think you missed the point of my post, anyway. It's not about how good or how "pro" I am, it's about peoples reactions to being killed by me in an open world pvp zone.

Sorry, there's not much ego here, I'm sure that lets you down but, oh well!

Edited by silvershadows

I know exactly where you're coming from, and I'm not even close to being a black hat ;)

If dying in a PVP zone causes you to lose control of your emotions, you have invited what you receive, as you have lost all perspective.

That being said, blacking out the names would have been the better move, in my opinion. It'd be enough to let people recognize themselves and hope they learn from the experience. But I can be overly optimistic at times :D

good times. thought i think the guys saying LMAO doesn't deserve his spot on the wall of bad reactions :p

Hehe, I put those up there mostly because I remember exactly when that happened - there was about six people standing in line with orbs and I ran in (carrying an orb myself) and proceeded to jump on the guy in the middle, killing him and starting a chain reaction that blew up everyone in the general vicinity.

I was trying to fraps some clips of me doing things like that but had forgotten to hit my record button for that so I threw the "lmao" and "nice one illusia" comments in there for myself to remind me of that particular event :p

Next time the event comes around I was thinking about standing on one of the bridges where there's an orb and just force pushing people off it so they fall to their deaths every time they try to pick it up - and frapsing it then setting it to music, maybe get like 5 minutes straight of people being pushed off a cliff, lol. I got a few people like that this time around, and their reactions were just about as good as the ones I got for actually beating people to death.

The only reason I didn't do it more is I can't remember if they'd get a repair bill for a falling death, and as much as I enjoy killing people I didn't want to cost them credits, especially while the repair bills were still huge.

I know exactly where you're coming from, and I'm not even close to being a black hat ;)

If dying in a PVP zone causes you to lose control of your emotions, you have invited what you receive, as you have lost all perspective.

That being said, blacking out the names would have been the better move, in my opinion. It'd be enough to let people recognize themselves and hope they learn from the experience. But I can be overly optimistic at times :D

You know, honestly I didn't even think about blacking out names, if I ever make another one of these I might (probably) do that. It took me a while to cut and photoshop all those chat log clips onto the background screenshot though so I don't really feel like going through it and taking out names now, lol. I literally went through over a hundred screenshots to pull out all of those quotes.

And yes - exactly what you said here:

That's really why I found all of these reactions so amusing. Being killed by me was easily avoidable just by switching instances - I didn't and wouldn't go chasing people around from instance to instance. Not to mention that I'm far from unkillable (in fact I think Kloma and a friend or two got me a few times). I'm a good duelist, yes, and can hold my own in 2v1's, but once you get to 3-4 people I have to be really on my game to survive, even if they're in pve gear - and 2 people in full war hero have a pretty damn good chance of killing me, especially if one is a healer.

I killed, and I was killed, and it was all fun and games, literally :D

Kinda funny how I can take my deaths like more of a man than some actual men :p

Edited by silvershadows

i had some fun being ganked by scrub squad. tried to get some guildies to come fight back but not often :(

pelican is a slippery bastard! :p

Yeah, me and Ragnak and then me and Navnia got them a couple times but they ended up coming back with more, I think in the end they had six against us and we were only 3 for maybe 20 minutes before Navnia logged and we lost our healer.

Ended up getting them again later when I was on my sentinel and hanging out with some of the other Inconceivable/Team One people, they were killing us when we were separated but not so much when we were together. :p Kind of funny though cause we never knew where they were since they were all stealthers, except for one gunslinger that kept hanging out inside some of the downed walkers around mid, lol.

Made me want to level up my operative and run a full 4 man of stealth myself though. :p

Edited by silvershadows

I can easily see this both ways. Yea people are pissed and Get their panties all in a bunch.. Trolling and getting them to rage isnt exactly a nice community minded thing to do..

However,,,

They are in a PVP AREA.. So all my sympathy goes out the window. If this had been in some obscure non Open PVP section my thoughts might be different and perhaps yours too.

Honestly though.. I have to admit.. Not being the one raging and all.. This is pretty hillarious.

You basically have grown men QQing about getting their butt handed to them in an area that clearly states this will happen.

Like I said earlier, It would be totally diff if this were a cantina crawl that you crashed. But again, these dudes were flagged and in a PVP area.

Edited by DarthBror

If you get ganked in open world PvP, you know what you do? You make a joke out of it. I've gotten ganked so many times while trying to grind out the Gree affection and you know what my revenge was?

<Guild of Person Who Ganked Me> recruiting lots of players they don't actually recruit for inappropriate things with Kephiss.

Why? Because I get lots of tells from people saying that's either hilarious or disturbing, and also because it shows that I'm not mad, I just want my own form of payback since I can't gank their Elite War Hero toons. Have fun with it, gang. It's a video game. :)

I can easily see this both ways. Yea people are pissed and Get their panties all in a bunch.. Trolling and getting them to rage isnt exactly a nice community minded thing to do..

I really don't think I was actually trolling. I only said the thing about PM owning mid twice, and both instances are in the collage - and just as an fyi for everyone I *never* intended for anyone to pay me credits to turn in their orb, it was tongue-in-cheek, and I meant for people to come up and /love me or /hug me or /kiss me or /beg or whatever.

Some people did, and they got to turn in their orbs! If they had handed me cash, I would have given it right back. :)

So yeah, I don't think I was really trolling, I was pvping in a pvp zone :p My comments in general chat were few and far between, really. I actually usually have general chat off but I turned it on while I was out on Ilum so I could see if anyone was raging - and they sure were!

All that said, I would never crash a cantina RP party or anything - I used to be a pretty hardcore roleplayer back in the days of text based MUDS and dungeons and dragons, so I would feel bad (and not a little hypocritical) if I bothered people who were RP'ing.

... Though I have been known to do a disapproving emote or two when I see particularly bad roleplay or overtly sexual roleplay in the fleet cantina. Just last night some sith was talking about how she keeps Jaesa around for when she's feeling "naughty," which was promptly followed by my sorc blowing chunks over the cantina railing. :p

Edited by silvershadows

If you get ganked in open world PvP, you know what you do? You make a joke out of it. I've gotten ganked so many times while trying to grind out the Gree affection and you know what my revenge was?

<Guild of Person Who Ganked Me> recruiting lots of players they don't actually recruit for inappropriate things with Kephiss.

Why? Because I get lots of tells from people saying that's either hilarious or disturbing, and also because it shows that I'm not mad, I just want my own form of payback since I can't gank their Elite War Hero toons. Have fun with it, gang. It's a video game. :)

Excellent attitude to have :)

Thank you for not getting your boxers in a bunch!

I really don't think I was actually trolling.

Whatever.. Even if you were.

They are in a PVP AREA.. So all my sympathy goes out the window..

What u thought the BIG RED warning and flag by your name was for decoration.

I can understand the "extorsion" thing getting out of hand. But like you said.

I- and just as an fyi for everyone I *never* intended for anyone to pay me credits to turn in their orb, it was tongue-in-cheek, and I meant for people to come up and /love me or /hug me or /kiss me or /beg or whatever.

Some people did, and they got to turn in their orbs! If they had handed me cash, I would have given it right back. :)

I think emotions and feelings went off the chart. Then it was just a cluster.. Anyway..

Back to biz as usuall.

Edited by DarthBror