Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Get rid of normal mode

silverprovidence
02.19.2012 , 01:05 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Occams_Razor View Post
Except that they are right to be concerned about the issue of raid gear being fully moddable/strippable. The initial problem was that people could farm the first boss and kit themselves out with oranges using the modifications from whatever piece that boss dropped. Now they've layered the gear, so the first boss' drop isn't holding modifications as high quality as the later boss' drops. But with fully moddable gear, you could farm the last boss, strip the mods and have all your gear in level 60 mods (I'm guessing, I have no idea what the mods in the Rakata chestpiece are). This could lead to steeper gear inflation because now, instead of the Rakata gloves (which come with, say, level 56 modifications in it), the new tier of gear needs to be an upgrade over the modified Rakata gloves with level 60 modifications. I totally understand their hesitance to jump into a change like that.
I believe the change means they are still linked to certain slots. Eg you can only transfer mods/set bonuses from the raid chest to the non raid chest. Not the raid boots to the orange chest. So there will still be some limitations at least.
'Men are apt to mistake the strength of their feeling for the strength of their argument. The heated mind resents the chill touch and relentless scrutiny of logic' - William Ewart Gladstone.

Occams_Razor
02.19.2012 , 03:15 PM | #22
That would be an excellent, but somewhat complicated solution.

BlakhitLA
02.19.2012 , 04:38 PM | #23
QQ thread from a mega nerd who proly just mad. go play wow buddy. less qq more pew pew and shhhhh and enjoy the game.

Donnadarco
02.19.2012 , 05:36 PM | #24
Quote:
get rid of this joke of a mode. Raids are not supposed to be normal..it just drops too much gear. Considering you can skip HM 4 mans and jump right into the normal is foolish. Keep hardmode and nightmare mode . why am i telling you common sense?
Your welcome to do Nightmaremode if u like. Farming "Hardstuff" 24/7 is not for everyone. Just accept people are diffrent. Not everyone have the same taste as you du OP.

Normal mode is ment to be Pug:ed and for casual players that have a life with wife and kids and a Jobb.

That means bioware planned for Operations to be accessible for all who likes to start Raiding. Farming gear isnt everyone`s cup of tea.

Bladedakoda
02.19.2012 , 06:46 PM | #25
The game was always made for the casual player in mind. I have no problem with people being able to do normal mode and get some good gear. Only the Epeen people are butt hurt over it.

BabyGotBlack
08.24.2019 , 11:51 PM | #26
Does normal mode mean story mode?

SteveTheCynic
08.25.2019 , 03:04 AM | #27
Quote: Originally Posted by BabyGotBlack View Post
Does normal mode mean story mode?
When those people were writing, seven years ago, the modes for operations were called Normal, Hard, and Nightmare. Today, they are (in the same order) Story, Veteran, and Master.

But did you really need to dig up the corpse of a thread that died seven years ago?
http://www.swtor.com/r/Hg3sV2
To go to Belsavis, you must go to Belsavis.
> @"Biff.5312" said:
> Exercise your whimsy.

AwesomeTacoCat
08.25.2019 , 07:48 AM | #28
Necromancy at its best here