Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Dark Designs +4 Heroic Seems Impossible. *Devs Please Help!*

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > Flashpoints, Operations, and Heroic Missions
Dark Designs +4 Heroic Seems Impossible. *Devs Please Help!*

shawn_the_geek
04.15.2018 , 05:33 AM | #1
After over two hours of asking on the fleet for help with Dark Designs and not finding any I decided to try and solo it. I got all the way to Maki’voro have gotten him down to half health three different times but each time when he does his move that blows players back either I or my companion are knocked off the ledge of the Data Skiff making it impossible to beat him and have to restart the fight.

Do you guys have any plans to lower this from a heroic +4 to a normal mission? If not could you add it and any other +4 Heroics to the Group Finder so players don't have to spend a lot of time looking for someone else to group up with for the mission?

Thank You.

Fanley
04.16.2018 , 01:36 AM | #2
Makil'voro did not pose a problem for me as long as I countered his Nanoshield Probe quickly. But the next step (Shroud last standing) requires four players to pass a door (four switches to activate quickly). You can't solo this one and it's by design - they don't intend to change this.

Wrijul
08.04.2019 , 06:18 PM | #3
I'm not one for looking at forums before trying to play different levels. I was very frustrated to find out after all the work of getting to Maki'voro that I can't beat him solo, and I can't finish this mission unless I'm in a group of 4. There should be a warning before accepting this mission that you need to have a group to finish it. If I knew that, I wouldn't have wasted my time playing it.

UltraFlashStar
08.05.2019 , 06:02 AM | #4
Quote: Originally Posted by Wrijul View Post
I'm not one for looking at forums before trying to play different levels. I was very frustrated to find out after all the work of getting to Maki'voro that I can't beat him solo, and I can't finish this mission unless I'm in a group of 4. There should be a warning before accepting this mission that you need to have a group to finish it. If I knew that, I wouldn't have wasted my time playing it.
He’s easily soloable, the next quest however actually requires 4 people for the puzzles.
Coppes Spacer
”I got the skills, the talent, and the best starship there is.”

nyrkverse
08.05.2019 , 09:40 AM | #5
Quote: Originally Posted by shawn_the_geek View Post
After over two hours of asking on the fleet for help with Dark Designs and not finding any I decided to try and solo it. I got all the way to Maki’voro have gotten him down to half health three different times but each time when he does his move that blows players back either I or my companion are knocked off the ledge of the Data Skiff making it impossible to beat him and have to restart the fight.
position yourself with your back to the console and make sure your companion is close to you, you won't be knocked off the ship, just against the console. kill the little probes that heal him when they spawn.
«I'm not cute. I'm deadly»