July Producer Livestream

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks,

Quick reminder, that we will be hosting our monthly Producer Livestream tomorrow at 2 PM Pacific. As usual, the stream will last around 30 minutes. You can watch the stream on our Twitch page, here. Charles, Ben, and I will see you there! If you can't make the stream I will post a wrap-up here on the forums afterwards.

-eric

They said there going to talk about the criticism of the dvl in the stream

I hope its more then just a mention of them knowing of the criticism veteran players have and in the most hopefull case they are gonna do something positive for the veteran players.

They said there going to talk about the criticism of the dvl in the stream

more like they are going to just be lazy about it and refer to upping toons slots as their lazy half crap solution and going to tell us they are on sale and that will be it they will most likely ignore all of us complaining in chat and will prob only read the dumb questions about stupid stuff . Like they normally do .

more like they are going to just be lazy about it and refer to upping toons slots as their lazy half crap solution and going to tell us they are on sale and that will be it they will most likely ignore all of us complaining in chat and will prob only read the dumb questions about stupid stuff . Like they normally do .

I think they said earlier that the 50 slots won't happen because of whatever issue. But even 40 is way too many anyway imo. But you're right on the livestream.. it will contain little if any new info on the future of this KOTFE travesty. And they will completely sidestep and/or overlook any other relevant issue. They only thing that will definitely happen is that they will hype up the new HK-themed piece of trash you can get if you subscribe by X date. It's become all too predictable now.

I think they said earlier that the 50 slots won't happen because of whatever issue. But even 40 is way too many anyway imo. But you're right on the livestream.. it will contain little if any new info on the future of this KOTFE travesty. And they will completely sidestep and/or overlook any other relevant issue. They only thing that will definitely happen is that they will hype up the new HK-themed piece of trash you can get if you subscribe by X date. It's become all too predictable now.

They said they had to take some more hurdles but that it might happen. They haven't said it would not happen. So fingers crossed.

Please touch upon what's being developed or officially in the works. I'm a bit tired of hearing things are in the works and we will hear about them later. We or I should say me personally would like to hear a rough outline of where this game is going content wise.

Please touch upon what's being developed or officially in the works. I'm a bit tired of hearing things are in the works and we will hear about them later. We or I should say me personally would like to hear a rough outline of where this game is going content wise.

Yeah other games call it a "roadmap". Something of which I've never seen from these clowns. It generally outlines their plan for the next 6 months or so. Specific details are given about a month out or so. AND most other games throw that new content on to a test server so they won't have to announce 48 hours prior to a launch that something will have to be delayed.

They should really look into syndicating their livestreams to a major network. It's better than most sitcoms lately.

This.

It's gone past ridiculous at this point.

Please make my day and say that a new stronghold is going to be released soon, along with an increase in the number of strongholds and Felucia Stato NPCs that we can unlock. Thanks! :)

Honestly, there is nothing less I want to hear about than another strong hold. 5 is plenty. Most people don't even have 5 done. There's just about zero need for another stronghold. Lord knows I don't want to deactivate any of the 5 I have finished off. No way. I guess they could release another one that again adds on to conquest bonuses. I'm for that. Any way to get my conquest goals completed even easier is fine with me. But, if they produce another one and expect me to deactivate any that I currently have...pass.

We need more actual content. Not fluff. Fluff is fun don't get me wrong, but it's not at all what they should be touching on here. Fluff is fun as additional add ons...but if they literally spent 30 minutes discussing a new strong hold when the actual group content need is so absolutely glaring then I will consider it another wasted opportunity.

I don't mean to completely trounce on what you wish out of the game. It's just...forest from the tree view...strongholds are basically shrub level. Fun, important to a degree, but none the less smaller potatoes currently.

The only thing I want to hear is that they're removing the rarest CM items from these ridiculous, insulting 'dropboxes' from their stupid 'event,' and making it impossible for the people who've obtained said items to unlock them for other characters. They've made the investments of people who've put real money into the CM worthless, and if this isn't resolved they'll never see another dime of my money.

Honestly, there is nothing less I want to hear about than another strong hold. 5 is plenty. Most people don't even have 5 done. There's just about zero need for another stronghold. Lord knows I don't want to deactivate any of the 5 I have finished off. No way. I guess they could release another one that again adds on to conquest bonuses. I'm for that. Any way to get my conquest goals completed even easier is fine with me. But, if they produce another one and expect me to deactivate any that I currently have...pass.

We need more actual content. Not fluff. Fluff is fun don't get me wrong, but it's not at all what they should be touching on here. Fluff is fun as additional add ons...but if they literally spent 30 minutes discussing a new strong hold when the actual group content need is so absolutely glaring then I will consider it another wasted opportunity.

I don't mean to completely trounce on what you wish out of the game. It's just...forest from the tree view...strongholds are basically shrub level. Fun, important to a degree, but none the less smaller potatoes currently.

Nice post.

I was just thinking earlier about Ootinicast - It's a podcast most people probably are aware of - and one of the guys on there (at least I think it's one of them?) sometimes uses the phrase "MMO-bits" when talking about aspects of the game such as PvP or Operations.

And it got me thinking - why should that phrase even have to exist? When did we get to the point where group play and player vs player have been relegated to "bits". It's just sad that the game has changed so much - from a real MMO (albeit without a real MMO strategy) to an instanced single-player episodic-cutscene microtransaction platform.

It's basically an app now.

That's a pretty radical shift. And we haven't heard a single peep as to why. The forum trolls are happy to tell you from their dorm room. No doubt. But all I've 'officially; heard on why this transformation happened was "We're going to focus on story".

Huh? How did Eternal Championship fit into your story focus? All the trolls (and yes the BW supporters are easily the biggest trolls) love to smugly throw out ROI to sound smart when bashing our "MMO-bits" but I can't reconcile the ROI on EC.

Making us wait since 2014 - and even then you broke Ops with Hardmare - for Operations - and refusing to even discuss it is wrong.

To repeat the problem - you refuse to even discuss endgame group play in an MMO. Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

Discuss it. Tell us what how Operations fit into the plan. It's way past time.

Without addressing this these streams are a waste of time for many of us.

Nice post.

I was just thinking earlier about Ootinicast - It's a podcast most people probably are aware of - and one of the guys on there (at least I think it's one of them?) sometimes uses the phrase "MMO-bits" when talking about aspects of the game such as PvP or Operations.

And it got me thinking - why should that phrase even have to exist? When did we get to the point where group play and player vs player have been relegated to "bits". It's just sad that the game has changed so much - from a real MMO (albeit without a real MMO strategy) to an instanced single-player episodic-cutscene microtransaction platform.

It's basically an app now.

That's a pretty radical shift. And we haven't heard a single peep as to why. The forum trolls are happy to tell you from their dorm room. No doubt. But all I've 'officially; heard on why this transformation happened was "We're going to focus on story".

Huh? How did Eternal Championship fit into your story focus? All the trolls (and yes the BW supporters are easily the biggest trolls) love to smugly throw out ROI to sound smart when bashing our "MMO-bits" but I can't reconcile the ROI on EC.

Making us wait since 2014 - and even then you broke Ops with Hardmare - for Operations - and refusing to even discuss it is wrong.

To repeat the problem - you refuse to even discuss endgame group play in an MMO. Do you understand how ridiculous that is?

Discuss it. Tell us what how Operations fit into the plan. It's way past time.

Without addressing this these streams are a waste of time for many of us.

Very true. We've gone basically over a year without real word on end game content in a group pve sense. It's an utter shame in my opinion.

Going a little farther, I'm being a drone and participating in the Light vs Dark event. What I take away from this so far is how amazing the vanilla story is. I like Kotfe a lot (most of the chapters that is, not all of em...but most). Overall, what this has shown me is how much I miss having planets to explore over small two room hubs like Odessen. I really miss the open feel of things and space between instances. I miss having companion identities grow as I progress through the story. I miss them having their own personal stories attached to them that shaped their personalities. I hate how companions are now totally withdrawn from your story for the most part. I miss so much of the old stuff, and it's what made this game truly a story based mmo of epic proportions.

It's really kind of sad to experience the complete shift in direction first hand again. The developers have their reasons, and I'm sure some are legit while others are not for the drastic departure from what this game was and is now. None the less, if they could figure out a way to combine kotfe with huge planets and expanded companion interaction...I'd be happy! While they need to address operations, flashpoints etc...I'm still good on operations for the time being as I've still got some boxes left to check off. Just getting an actual outline that includes those things would be perfect.

It's just...I dunno. Maybe I summed it up perfectly, or maybe I didn't. I think we need the developers to stop acting like this is a quarter to quarter establishment but say things like swtor absolutely has support, or we've got so many great things in the works, yet limit their creativity to such linear ways of producing content.

Edited by Shwarzchild

30 min to talk about all the issues with of the past week. I guess I can sum up the stream.

We pretend to hear and care but nothing going to change.

You forgot "There's super secret content coming out soon that we can't talk about but is going to be awesome. Trust us. Please stay subbed?"

There are a lot of player concerns -- long standing and recent. I hope those concerns will be addressed in the stream. But, yeah ...

At the very least please engage players in conversation on the wrap-up thread. Please don't just post the wrap-up thread and not post another thing until well after the 4th.

You forgot "There's super secret content coming out soon that we can't talk about but is going to be awesome. Trust us. Please stay subbed?"

You forgot the next sub reward is another hk55 armor set, this time in black and gold instead of gold and black.