Being kicked from Ranked Solo AFK feature?

postingonforums

Not sure exactly what happened but this is my guess. It looks like there are other threads on this forum about this, but can I just say **** this ****?

I reported the player who did it (won't name them here).

The player in this Solo Ranked arena match basically said they were going to kick me. During the 2nd round of the match, the Operative (in stealth mode while all 3 of us were dead) activated a kick on me, and I couldn't move so it said it would kick me after 15 seconds passed.

Anyway, thanks douchebag for kicking me, you should probably consider doing Group ranked instead.

And also fix this because it sucks. Thanks.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you were the jugg tank that left guard on healer the entire game, didn't have a set bonus or tactical, and when literally asked in ops chat "Tank can you please guard swap" responded "No"....

Ya I reported you too for trolling and throwing. Thanks.

Edited by septru

If you were the jugg tank that left guard on healer the entire game, didn't have a set bonus or tactical, and when literally asked in ops chat "Tank can you please guard swap" responded "No"....

Ya I reported you too for trolling and throwing. Thanks.

If your description is accurate, that would not be me =] However I'll also add, if you think your description justifies abusing a technicality of the game to screw over what you perceive as a new/bad player who qualifies to queue Rank Solos, I think you're wrong.

So I'm a Jugg tank with a tactical and 306 iLvL and 3 set pieces (getting the Ranked win daily helps with a 4th). I guard swapped on both rounds. At least 1 person (probably the op stealth afk kicked me or whatever) said things indicating they weren't satisfied with me, and us losing, and then said they would kick me after we had already lost the second round, meaning it was a vindictive kick and an exploit, because the kick tells me on my screen I have to move in 15 seconds or be removed for being AFK, which I was not, I was dead on the ground.

So in my case I wasn't trolling or throwing, as I define those both as intentional acts, and my intention was not to troll anyone or intentionally lose a game.

Now if what you mean is, you think kicking someone for being/doing something you don't find satisfying, maybe that justifies AFK/abuse kicking players? Hey, my tank didn't taunt to my satisfaction, do an AFK kick. Hey, I died, the class that can cast heals sucks! AFK kick. Hey, their team is still alive and ours died, come on DPS where's the damage? AFK kick. Yep =]

Now if what you mean is, you think kicking someone for being/doing something you don't find satisfying, maybe that justifies AFK/abuse kicking players? Hey, my tank didn't taunt to my satisfaction, do an AFK kick. Hey, I died, the class that can cast heals sucks! AFK kick. Hey, their team is still alive and ours died, come on DPS where's the damage? AFK kick. Yep =]

Yeah, you pretty much nailed it for people like Prum. He feels like he's the ranked police, cleaning it up in the name of "better games" by abusing vote kick on largely innocent people. Occassionally he's justified in using it, most of the time he's not. Vote kick should not be in ranked, at least not the way it currently works.

Toxicity doesn’t exist 🙄

I've been talking about abuse of vote kick on SF as a problem for months.

If your description is accurate, that would not be me =] However I'll also add, if you think your description justifies abusing a technicality of the game to screw over what you perceive as a new/bad player who qualifies to queue Rank Solos, I think you're wrong.

Damn right it's wrong. That's why vote kick needs removed. You can't trust fox to protect the hen house.

So I'm a Jugg tank with a tactical and 306 iLvL and 3 set pieces (getting the Ranked win daily helps with a 4th).

1) The starting tactical you get from story does not count as a tactical. It is just as useless. Buy "Grit Teeth" from the GTN. It is the BiS tactical for juggs in ranked.

2) You didn't have full 306 ilvl but we will skip over that part.

3) If you are a beginner level ranked player, why would you want to handicap yourself further by coming into ranked without a full set bonus? 3 Pieces is literally nothing. 3 Pieces is the 2% mastery from the first perk of the set bonus. Instead, go do Master Mode Hammer Station like the rest of us. It's faster, easier, and you don't screw over your team by coming unprepared.

I guard swapped on both rounds.

Alright, I'll give you the same advice here I gave you in the match.

As a tank, you need to be constantly swapping guard to the player that is taking the most damage. Your job is to protect your allies. In regs, you might get away with putting guard on your healer and never thinking about it again. But in ranked, the players are smart. They will attack the unguarded target. That means that you need to guard swap every 3-5 GCDs. If you can't do this then you need to go back to regs and practice.

So in my case I wasn't trolling or throwing, as I define those both as intentional acts, and my intention was not to troll anyone or intentionally lose a game.

Don't respond "No" when asked "tank can you please guard swap." You are going to be perceived as a troll and vote kicked.

I'm all for new players queing ranked. So far in s13 there have been a lot of them. The difference between you and them is that they come prepared. Ranked is not the place to get your 4th, 5th, and 6th pieces of gear. Ranked is not the place for you to learn that your story reward tactical is practically useless. Ranked is not the place for you to learn what guard swapping is.

Edited by septru

1) The starting tactical you get from story does not count as a tactical. It is just as useless. Buy "Grit Teeth" from the GTN. It is the BiS tactical for juggs in ranked.

2) You didn't have full 306 ilvl but we will skip over that part.

3) If you are a beginner level ranked player, why would you want to handicap yourself further by coming into ranked without a full set bonus? 3 Pieces is literally nothing. 3 Pieces is the 2% mastery from the first perk of the set bonus. Instead, go do Master Mode Hammer Station like the rest of us. It's faster, easier, and you don't screw over your team by coming unprepared.

Alright, I'll give you the same advice here I gave you in the match.

As a tank, you need to be constantly swapping guard to the player that is taking the most damage. Your job is to protect your allies. In regs, you might get away with putting guard on your healer and never thinking about it again. But in ranked, the players are smart. They will attack the unguarded target. That means that you need to guard swap every 3-5 GCDs. If you can't do this then you need to go back to regs and practice.

Don't respond "No" when asked "tank can you please guard swap." You are going to be perceived as a troll and vote kicked.

I'm all for new players queing ranked. So far in s13 there have been a lot of them. The difference between you and them is that they come prepared. Ranked is not the place to get your 4th, 5th, and 6th pieces of gear. Ranked is not the place for you to learn that your story reward tactical is practically useless. Ranked is not the place for you to learn what guard swapping is.

Remove vote kick from SWTOR 2020! Remove the power from Septru's Cabal that determines whether or not you can participate in ranked! Stop this foolishness Bioware, sheesh!

I know you have. I honestly cant believe BioWare havent done anything after acknowledging it was a problem.

tbh he is being nice to him. I have seen much worse and useless VKs then this. This is actually an example where VK worked as it should have all IMO :cool:

1)

/snip

Ranked is not the place for you to learn that your story reward tactical is practically useless. Ranked is not the place for you to learn what guard swapping is.

Yo Prum, you paying for his subscription?

No? Didn't think so...so can it. Because he can play Solo Ranked if he wants too. You can't tell him he can't just because your precious ego doesn't like it.

Also, he said he was not the one you were talking about.

Gosh, you are a toxic one. You do realize this is a video game, those S13 rewards don't mean JACK DIDDLY CRAP in the real world.

No? Didn't think so...so can it. Because he can play Solo Ranked if he wants too. You can't tell him he can't just because your precious ego doesn't like it.

Gosh, you are a toxic one. You do realize this is a video game, those S13 rewards don't mean JACK DIDDLY CRAP in the real world.

Ranked Solo is serious business.

tbh he is being nice to him. I have seen much worse and useless VKs then this. This is actually an example where VK worked as it should have all IMO :cool:

The forum is heavily policed so we all have to watch our words more carefully. If the forum was as casual as it is in-game, the tone would likely be different, judging from "conversations" I've had in-game with ranked players. For that matter, if the forum was more like the game, there's a few players just in this thread I'd love to give some direct feedback to.

You're right. Until Bioware implements entry level requirements all the other undergeared player's like this one are allowed to que.

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/715836713037070406/738954007380230226/Screenshot_95.png

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/715836713037070406/738954075801911396/Screenshot_94.png

But then at the same token, until Bioware makes it against ToS, we are allowed to vote kick you out of every game that you que without gear.

I know you have. I honestly cant believe BioWare havent done anything after acknowledging it was a problem.

They're still "looking at it" apparently. It's not exactly a hard problem to solve, especially given the number of suggestions people have given for how to fix it. My favorite option remains complete removal paired with a 306+tactical requirement. Nothing will ever be perfect, but that would be far, far better than what we have now.

They're still "looking at it" apparently. It's not exactly a hard problem to solve, especially given the number of suggestions people have given for how to fix it. My favorite option remains complete removal paired with a 306+tactical requirement. Nothing will ever be perfect, but that would be far, far better than what we have now.

That’s definitely high on my list of suggestions too. They could even keep the vote kick as long as they disable it while You are dead or in the respawn

Edited by TrixxieTriss

That’s definitely high on my list of suggestions too. They could even keep the vote kick as long as they disable it while You are dead or in the respawn

The way they constructed it, as a way to kick people idling in a corner, simply has no relevance in ranked, except if a stealther did that I guess. Anyone else trying to afk in an arena will simply be killed. And if you stay in spawn, you'll be kicked from the game by the spawn timer. And if they try using it on you whilie you're alive, you can just attack someone and reset it. The only way to actually use it is to wait until they're dead, which itself is essentially an exploit of the feature. Everyone has to stand around while they wait for the person to be kicked as well. It's just stupid all around.

The forum is heavily policed so we all have to watch our words more carefully. If the forum was as casual as it is in-game, the tone would likely be different, judging from "conversations" I've had in-game with ranked players. For that matter, if the forum was more like the game, there's a few players just in this thread I'd love to give some direct feedback to.

That's right. We got other guys that know him in game they say he carries himself much differently here than he does in the game.

The players coming into ranked unprepared ruin the game for 7 other subbed players. This is a silly troll that is played out. Everything prum is describing here is justified. Players who are ludicrously unprepared for ranked need to be removed from matches in some way. Right now the only tool bioware provides is vote kick.

The players coming into ranked unprepared ruin the game for 7 other subbed players. This is a silly troll that is played out. Everything prum is describing here is justified. Players who are ludicrously unprepared for ranked need to be removed from matches in some way. Right now the only tool bioware provides is vote kick.

I don’t disagree that players should be better prepared for ranked. But I do disagree that other players can vote kick them out in this fashion. It’s not acceptable behaviour.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I don’t disagree that players should be better prepared for ranked. But I do disagree that other players can vote kick them out in this fashion. It’s not acceptable behaviour.

^Exactly! That is a troll feature that WILL BE abused by the toxic rank players.

All it takes is a new player wanting to learn, but isn't that great. Bam, kicked anytime they're in a match.

Vote kick needs removed from Ranked.