Marauder/Sentinel Set Bonus Discussion

EricMusco

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask where you're getting this from? They don't seem to be very fat apart, but on parsley Carnage is outparsing Smash.

I hadn't checked yesterday but last time I had, best Sentinel Conentration parses were ahead of Carnage/Combat parses. Yes, atm there's one Carnage parse (http://parsely.io/parser/view/312141/0) that's 10 DPS higher than best Concentration parse (http://parsely.io/parser/view/312031/0). But I think this is mainly because not many players have really tried to push Smash/Concentration to the limit. Once everyone adopts the new rotation and minmaxes their gear for it, I expect it to be slightly ahead on parsely as well.

Edited by Ardarell_Solo

• 1 year later...
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Marauders/Sentinels.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.

Cheers, all!

The SWTOR Combat Team

So for set bonuses as far as combat types each class should have tailor made set bonuses for each spec in the game that better enhances those specs combat styles.

• 1 year later...
Hey everyone,

We wanted to take a moment to reach out to the community to collect ideas on set bonuses. We are looking for opinions on current and previous set bonuses as well as concepts for future. This thread will cover Marauders/Sentinels.

Note: Our intent is to have set bonuses not increase DPS by more than 5%. Please keep this in mind when posting your suggestions.

Current Level 60 Set Bonuses (for reference)

• 2-Piece: Battering Assault or Zealous Strike increases damage dealt by 2% for 15 seconds. Cannot occur more than once every 30 of seconds.
  • 4-Piece: Reduces the cooldown of Frenzy or Valorous Call by 15 seconds. Additionally, activating Berserk or Zen increases all damage dealt by 3% for 10 seconds.
  • 6-Piece: Activating Ravage, Master Strike, Dual Saber Throw, or Twin Saber Throw will grant Weaponmaster's/Challenger's Critical Bonus making your next Vicious Throw, Furious Strike and Annihilate or Dispatch, Concentrated Slice and Merciless Slash critically hit. This effect can't occur more than once every minute.

Cheers, all!

The SWTOR Combat Team

Hi,

I think this Set is totally underpowered and nobody plays itr at the moment.

The "easy to buy Set" (10% more damage) is much stronger.

The Marauder is the weakest class at the moment and I know the way to fix it.

I am gonna quit the game if you wont fix this few points:

1) "Easy to Buy Set" for Sith Warrior nerf from 10% to 5%

2) Culling Blade Set: Every 15s 1 Stack Furios Power

3) No absorp for Maro Defs - Reflect!! The Juggernaut needs absorp, the Marauder reflect because of two swords

4) Generate Rage by Force Charge

5) Bring back initial Damage for Rapture

6) Nerf PT and Sorc min. 7% or boost all other classes a lil bit

7) Global 10% damage boost to marauders, because this class is the weakest at the moment

The game sucks at the moment. I am talking about the classic content - 95% of the game.. :rak_03:

If we quit: no money anymore!

Greetz

• 1 year later...
Can I ask where you're getting this from? They don't seem to be very fat apart, but on parsley Carnage is outparsing Smash.

On parsely.io for Malgus server, Combat / Carnage doesn't even make the Leaderboard.

To me, PvP in SWTOR feels more like a mini-game, so my opinion will be unpopular.

The focus for Carnage / Combat sentinel should be to bring It's damage to be on par with Sniper.

To reward Damage Specialization, Sentinel and Sniper should overall out-DPS the hybrid classes in a boss or dummy Scenario, excluding Sabotuer / Engineering due to trading Damage for AoE (in theory).

Combat / Carnage feels like an old BlackBerry facing off against an I-phone. Why seriously consider Combat / Carnage when I can pick a Stealth class that heals, has lower CD CC, more DCDs, Stealth CC, also has raid Buff, puts down better DPS, has a Dot, and can resurrect teammates in combat? How does Combat / Carnage reward players for their investment?

The only thing saving Combat / Carnage is the low difficulty bar for content completion. Otherwise, the few connoisseurs who do enjoy the spec would just drop it or swap games entirely.

• 7 months later...

I don't know where to post this. Hope this is the good thread.

Descent of the Fearless set is gone, no replacement.

Berserk and Force rend can't be both chosen, yet I keep useless abilities like sweeping slash and force scream.

All self heal utilities gone. I can't even stay level 75 to keep the set bonus. I loose it, and I can get a worse one if I grind to 80.

So the set and abilities I grinded for are now all gone, and I can't even regain them by grinding more. No refund for months of grinding either. That would be fine if I could keep the bonus that I grinded for and just keep the set. But it had to be auto disabled. I can't stop gaining XP unless I don't play at all.

I had that set on six characters. One for each discipline.

I have not been this outraged at a game for years.

And even if I choose Force Rend, I can still select passives later for berserk, even when I choose force rend. That is not good design.

The tactical Spiteful saber also becomes useless if you replace Rupture with Fracture. These small, yet careless design choices are really dissapointing.

Edited by PallyHk