Merc is TERRIBLE

Shredit

I have been a strong advocate for getting a interupt ability and now that we have one here is something you all need to add to your rotation in a one on one battle.

Melee classes: Rocket Punch > Jet Boost > Power Surge > Fusion Missle > Disabling Shot > Unload

Now if your faced against a jumper your Rocket Punch should of cooled down by this time so

Rocket Punch > Get to a safe distance > Disabling shot > Electro Dart > Death from above.

Switch out Power shot with Missile Blast and use it with Rapid fire and only use Tracer missile when not targeted.

Arsenal Mercs are viable in combat and I have been having lots of fun in this game with the new added interupt ability.

Forgot to mention we also have Electro Dart to use at any given time just try not to be so trigger happy when using your defensive abilities.

Edited by Asturias

• Replies 753
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have been a strong advocate for getting a interupt ability and now that we have one here is something you all need to add to your rotation in a one on one battle.

Melee classes: Rocket Punch > Jet Boost > Power Surge > Fusion Missle > Disabling Shot > Unload

Now if your faced against a jumper your Rocket Punch should of cooled down by this time so

Rocket Punch > Get to a safe distance > Disabling shot > Electro Dart > Death from above.

Switch out Power shot with Missile Blast and use it with Rapid fire and only use Tracer missile when not targeted.

Arsenal Mercs are viable in combat and I have been having lots of fun in this game with the new added interupt ability.

Forgot to mention we also have Electro Dart to use at any given time just try not to be so trigger happy when using your defensive abilities.

You do realize the interrupt does nothing unless there's something to interrupt right? Or is disabling shot something different than the new interrupt that I'm just not aware what the mirror is?

On topic, yes DPS Commando/Merc is awful for PVP. No, the devs don't care and aren't going to change it for the better anytime soon.

This post may contain grammar mistakes, I don't care, I'm too tired of this game.

Merc Arsenal/Pyro (depends of the guild pve raids) here, rank valor 81, full WH with one Elite WH weapon atm.

Today's pvp: Voidstar, trying to cap door, one Guardian defending it, casting tracer missile, interrupted, I get force chocke, I remove it, in the meantime I get a smash, trying to cast another tracer, force push, saber throw+jumps at me, smash, I try to Jet Boost him, doesn't work, in despair I launch HM, RS and some rapid shots & then I die. The Guardian lad had 70% hp left.

Civil War: A Sentinel from far away, cast on him 3 tm, nice, HM launch, very nice, Rail Shot it's him, amazingly nice, hp to 50%, jumps at me, couple of shots at me, jet boost him, he vanish, repops a bit later, launch all his offensive skills on me, I stun him (I'm at 20-30% hp), TM+ Unload, he pops god mode button, I die, he walks away to another victim.

Hutball: nearly instant ganked by a scoundrel and later on by some shadow, then later there's a Vanguard that grabs me and basically instant kills me since my channeling attacks takes forever to be casted, I do my crappy damage with a rocket punch, RS, HM, some rapid shots, and then I die.

Even with the 3 Tracer Missile stacked on an ennemy doesn't do anything, armor penetration? armor debuff? it ain't worth **** in pvp.

Pyro is the only way to go in pvpas a merc dps, but if you go pyro, better use the optimal version: Vanguard/PT

Learn from my mistake if you are playing a freshly new merc/commando, unless you wanna be a healer, don't play this advanced class, it's a complete utter waste of time.

This post may contain grammar mistakes, I don't care, I'm too tired of this game.

Merc Arsenal/Pyro (depends of the guild pve raids) here, rank valor 81, full WH with one Elite WH weapon atm.

Today's pvp: Voidstar, trying to cap door, one Guardian defending it, casting tracer missile, interrupted, I get force chocke, I remove it, in the meantime I get a smash, trying to cast another tracer, force push, saber throw+jumps at me, smash, I try to Jet Boost him, doesn't work, in despair I launch HM, RS and some rapid shots & then I die. The Guardian lad had 70% hp left.

Civil War: A Sentinel from far away, cast on him 3 tm, nice, HM launch, very nice, Rail Shot it's him, amazingly nice, hp to 50%, jumps at me, couple of shots at me, jet boost him, he vanish, repops a bit later, launch all his offensive skills on me, I stun him (I'm at 20-30% hp), TM+ Unload, he pops god mode button, I die, he walks away to another victim.

Hutball: nearly instant ganked by a scoundrel and later on by some shadow, then later there's a Vanguard that grabs me and basically instant kills me since my channeling attacks takes forever to be casted, I do my crappy damage with a rocket punch, RS, HM, some rapid shots, and then I die.

Even with the 3 Tracer Missile stacked on an ennemy doesn't do anything, armor penetration? armor debuff? it ain't worth **** in pvp.

Pyro is the only way to go in pvpas a merc dps, but if you go pyro, better use the optimal version: Vanguard/PT

Learn from my mistake if you are playing a freshly new merc/commando, unless you wanna be a healer, don't play this advanced class, it's a complete utter waste of time.

Have a 49 merc and could not care less about turning fifty...bad pvp dps, second tier pve dps or support heals as they even suck at that pvp or pve....there is no reason to play one.

Glad the guy above posted specific examples of what he's doing wrong.

Any time you're in melee range with a guardian or sentinel, you are SUPPOSED to lose. Why isn't this obvious? At anything > 5m, you can crush the melee classes at will and they can't even hurt you. And now you actually expect to stand toe to toe with a melee class, get smashed/carnaged AND still win? In what scenario then is a melee class suppose to kill you? When you're afk?

I can only beat a marauder by making sure that half his GCDs goto waste, because he can't hit me. For every two hits I get on him, he gets one on me. But as I said before, I'm assault, so I don't pretend to know gunnery well enough to give you specific advice. So, if you don't want to be a turret, change specs.

Edited by heechJunzi

Na you guys just suck at it.. there are some great players that can smash out the DPS. I love the class and its the only one i PVP with.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=530491

Thank you Henu, you complete lack of clues helps mercs a lot...

You're doing good scores against pugs/pve/non-mumble teams and you do top dps/kill blah blah blah? that's fine, great, amazing, whatever.

The day you post me a video or pics of you owning premades sentinels / vanguards in a Ranked Warzone will be the day where these forums will take you seriously, in the meantime spares us your small e-peen waving.

Come at the Red Eclipse buddy, we'll see how long you'll last.

Thank you Henu, you complete lack of clues helps mercs a lot...

You're doing good scores against pugs/pve/non-mumble teams and you do top dps/kill blah blah blah? that's fine, great, amazing, whatever.

The day you post me a video or pics of you owning premades sentinels / vanguards in a Ranked Warzone will be the day where these forums will take you seriously, in the meantime spares us your small e-peen waving.

Come at the Red Eclipse buddy, we'll see how long you'll last.

This is the trouble with most people... you want more proof and when you get it you pick the **** out of it. in 1 of those SS im doing 850k DPS, look at the kill/death ratio. i can smash out 400 - 500k DPS with little deaths but its not good enough for you..

Yet not once to do i get a post saying, Great job man you've stuck it out in a tough class with out re-rolling to a PT, Sent's, guardains or what ever. Ive sat there in EVERY war zone on my merc and shown people how to do it. Yet its never good enough for a lot of you people.

If you want more proof from now on come to Dalborra server and ill show you inside a war zone.

You do realize the interrupt does nothing unless there's something to interrupt right? Or is disabling shot something different than the new interrupt that I'm just not aware what the mirror is?

On topic, yes DPS Commando/Merc is awful for PVP. No, the devs don't care and aren't going to change it for the better anytime soon.

Really

http://kraytdragonclan.enjin.com/profile/1704304/pics/detail/album_id/166583#pid=1135234

http://kraytdragonclan.enjin.com/profile/1704304/pics/detail/album_id/166583#pid=1135235

Seems I can solo Jedi Player pretty well one on one when I couldn't before with out the interrupt so whats your reason again?

I don't keep a pocket healer by my side either, I like the challenge of the fight and I enjoy pugging it.

Edited by Asturias

This is the trouble with most people... you want more proof and when you get it you pick the **** out of it. in 1 of those SS im doing 850k DPS, look at the kill/death ratio. i can smash out 400 - 500k DPS with little deaths but its not good enough for you..

Yet not once to do i get a post saying, Great job man you've stuck it out in a tough class with out re-rolling to a PT, Sent's, guardains or what ever. Ive sat there in EVERY war zone on my merc and shown people how to do it. Yet its never good enough for a lot of you people.

If you want more proof from now on come to Dalborra server and ill show you inside a war zone.

My goodness, this is pathetic, how the hell can we ask Bioware for a needed serious buff to our class when you have amateurs like this one basically misinforming the devs.

Oh, and for the record:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/717/screenshot2012092319344.jpg/

Looky here, ima on top, I must be awesum, mercs are fInE, I do top dps, lots of killz, only 1 small dead, mercs are fine lololol1111101, only most of the opponent team was recruit/pve geared.

I can post more of those for the e-peen contest if you want, want me also to those those where my team is owned by good premades teams of sentinels/vanguards also?

You don't have a clue of what you're talking about, oh, and again, thank you for misinforming the devs.

Edited by yoomazir

My goodness, this is pathetic, how the hell can we ask Bioware for a needed serious buff to our class when you have amateurs like this one basically misinforming the devs.

Oh, and for the record:

Looky here, ima on top, I must be awesum, mercs are fInE, I do top dps, lots of killz, only 1 small dead, mercs are fine lololol1111101, only most of the opponent team was recruit/pve geared.

I can post more of those for the e-peen contest, want me also to those those where my team is owned by good premades teams of sentinels/vanguards also?

You don't have a clue of what you're talking about, oh, and again, thank you for misinforming the devs.

No the topic is Merc a terrible and im proving the fact that they aint. And the difference between you and i is i go out and do it round after round, i dont just pull one good round out of my butt.

Oh, and for the record:

I can post more of those for the e-peen contest if you want, want me also to those those where my team is owned by good premades teams of sentinels/vanguards also?

Was laughing to myself at this screenshot. Not at your damage. Awesome job there. Did you count how many juggs/marauders, sentinels/guardians were in that WZ? 4 Juggs/Marauders on your team. 4 Sentinels/Guardians on the other team. And looks like you were the only merc and the other team had i assume 1 commando cause of the crappy damage. hmm gee i wonder which classes are FOTM. :rak_02:

No the topic is Merc a terrible and im proving the fact that they aint. And the difference between you and i is i go out and do it round after round, i dont just pull one good round out of my butt.

Guess I got my rank valor 81 by just staring at my screen...

Man, what a good laugh, are you a comedian irl?

Edited by yoomazir

Guess I got my rank valor 81 by just staring at my screen...

Man, what a good laugh, are you a comedian irl?

ohh Valor 81.. now who's grabbing his e-peen.

Like i said before your welcome to come over to Dalborra for a lesson.

Any time you're in melee range with a guardian or sentinel, you are SUPPOSED to lose. Why isn't this obvious? At anything > 5m, you can crush the melee classes at will and they can't even hurt you. And now you actually expect to stand toe to toe with a melee class, get smashed/carnaged AND still win? In what scenario then is a melee class suppose to kill you? When you're afk?.

I don't disagree with anything you say here. but when you fight maras/sents (in particular), do you find yourself taking dmg from considerably farther away than 4m? I do. and I'm not talking about a dot tick. it doesn't feel like lag/latency. usually, there are some other tell tale symptoms (e.g., jerky video). iunno. I see a mara root himself with a ravage, I'm strafing away at ~8-10m, and a series of red dmg alerts go off with accompanying saber sound fx.

ohh Valor 81.. now who's grabbing his e-peen.

Like i said before your welcome to come over to Dalborra for a lesson.

Lesson for bad comedy? ahah, no thx

Oh and here comes another couple of e-peen screenies, 1-2 days ago, on me on TOP AS ARSENAL ,OMG MERCS ARE OP NERF NERF NERF PLX

http://imageshack.us/f/33/screenshot2012100416210.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/f/545/screenshot2012100416500.jpg/

Want more e-peen love ? Thought so.

No wonder this class is a joke with people like you ganking noobs and then goes bragging the class is fine, truly saddening.

Edited by yoomazir

Ugh. THIS again?

The class is fine against CRAP players. Absolutely fine. I can pull stupid numbers out of my *** all day long against muppets.

Now try that **** against a decent ranked premade. Go on. I'll wait.

Someone said earlier in the thread that they're great, but they get wrecked by the top 25%. Well, that's kinda the problem isn't it. The top Mercs/Commandos are completely annihilated by the top anything-else.

Edited by Jherad

Ugh. THIS again?

The class is fine against CRAP players. Absolutely fine. I can pull stupid numbers out of my *** all day long against muppets.

Now try that **** against a decent ranked premade. Go on. I'll wait.

Someone said earlier in the thread that they're great, but they get wrecked by the top 25%. Well, that's kinda the problem isn't it. The top Mercs/Commandos are completely annihilated by the top anything-else.

Yeah, but did you look at my screenies, IMA NUMERO UNO, mercs/commando are s-u-pe-r fine, I think we even need a bit of nerf cuz we're just way OP.

Or at least that's what some newbies think...

Edited by yoomazir

Mercs/Commandos are terrible, end of story. Literally have never had a problem on one with my sent, shadow, vanguard or juggernaut. The AC is a joke up against good players w/ other classes. I always consider them free kills, doesn't matter how good the person playing them is. The class is poorly designed.

Lol@the keyboard heroes claiming Merc/Commandos are fine. Yeah, they're fine against bad players. If you think you can keep up with quality players of other classes, you're wrong and your server must be terrible. You have people of other classes telling you that your class needs a buff. How about you take a hint?

I don't disagree with anything you say here. but when you fight maras/sents (in particular), do you find yourself taking dmg from considerably farther away than 4m? I do. and I'm not talking about a dot tick. it doesn't feel like lag/latency. usually, there are some other tell tale symptoms (e.g., jerky video). iunno. I see a mara root himself with a ravage, I'm strafing away at ~8-10m, and a series of red dmg alerts go off with accompanying saber sound fx.

Well, I play as sent too, so I see the other side of the fight. And there's no doubt I can't initiate a melee attack if they are > 4m. But master strike can finish up at slightly higher range.... I think roughly 6m range. (Same for channeled attacks on other classes, I can finish heals + full auto at some distance > 30m too.)

Maybe that's the key here. Play a sent and you'll know how to fight one.