Incoming nerfs to biochem and cybertech

GeLopez

Biochem DOES need a nerf, just like Slicing did (I am 400 Biochem with the best stims/packs/adrenals).

I just hope they don't nerf medpacks into oblivion... please don't adjust the amount too much, at least for PvE, just increase the timer.. double it.

Edited by -Kraxis-

The Forums: "Other Crafting Professions are useless. We want them to be as good as BioChem and Cybertech."

And the developers nerf the only two worthwhile professions at endgame rather than making the others better. This is a good patching precedent to set.

Although I generally agree that buffing is preferrable to nerfing, requiring a profession to raid is a horrible mechanic, and one that has caused a lot of issues in wow. This is a smart move.

These are needed nerfs. Biochem gave ridiculous advantages.

Of course this does nothing to address the fact that Artifice is still completely worthless.

With how they nerfed my last two skills.. I seriously hope they don't. As of this point they are all worthless.

Biochem DOES need a nerf, just like Slicing did (I am 400 Biochem with the best stims/packs/adrenals).

I just hope they don't nerf medpacks into oblivion... please don't adjust the amount, at least for PvE, just increase the timer.. double it.

I will admit that it needed balancing, and I can acknowledge that Cybertech bombs not working as intended needed to be fixed. However, what this patch does is say to the community "we are more comfortable with reducing the usefulness of useful things than we are increasing the usefulness of other things."

There's still zero word on how they intend to address the fact that 400/400 Anything else is useless (nor the fact that certain professions have redundant craftable items in some areas and then are missing somewhat crucial stat allocations for particular AC's in others).

I'm 400 Biochem / 400 Bioanalysis / 400 Diplomacy, and yet I still think nerfing the reusable medpacks / stims / adrenals is a very good idea. That or they need to make them Biochem only items. Honestly, I think it should be both. Nerf them a little (not completely to the ground), and make them usable only by those with 400 Biochem. Having to keep making other high level items that are consumable should be necessary and helps to keep your profession in higher demand, in my opinion. It would be better for the GTM in the long run.

You are 400 Biochem and don't realise that the reusable medpacs ARE for Biochem only?

Really, there's no need to lie about. If you think Biochem should be nerfed, then just be honest.

Edited by Mandrax

An odd reaction. While the purple medpacs looked quite nice, the blue non-resusable heals better (50% better I believe). Would have thought buffing the blue so one could actually afford to make them enmasse would have been a more interesting game adjustment. As then anyone could expend credits to get better self-healing while the reusable ones while cheaper would heal less.

Why should I have to farm just so I can give all my earnings to someone else, and that to get something inferior to what this person can get for free?

If Bioware wanted to give the greatest benefit to the greatest number of players they'd remove Biochem entirely, make slicing a general skill every toon has, and give us quests to earn infinitely reusable hp potions.

The Forums: "Other Crafting Professions are useless. We want them to be as good as BioChem and Cybertech."

And the developers nerf the only two worthwhile professions at endgame rather than making the others better. This is a good patching precedent to set.

Well the problem with that is buffing the other professions would require quite a bit of time and work, whereas tweaking biochem numbers is quite simple.

This doesn't mean they won't revisit the other professions in a future patch, it just means that they wanted to nip the biochem problem in the bud before it got out of hand.

If they do buff other professions in the future it would be a pretty simple change for them to rebuff biochem.

TL;DR turning a knob is better than redesigning the game.

At some point they will eventually have to address the fact that all of their Crafting skills are going to be useless, at least in the current system in which HM and Operation gear is all better than Crafteds with the added bonus of not requiring rare materials to acquire.
If crafting is useless unless it provides the best gear, doesn't PvP/PvE become pointless if crafting makes the best items? If the situations were reversed, you'd see a thread just like this, with people complaining about how crafting was making raiding and PvP pointless.

Hello!

Georg Zoeller has posted a thread about the changes to Biochem and Cybertech. Since this is a topic that is of great to concern to our community and many people want to talk about it, we ask that everyone please have that discussion in one place, found here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=173035

We are closing this thread now. Thank you for helping us keep the conversation focused and the forums user-friendly for all our members.