More Love interest choices for Women?

Kiradcattan

While I love the romance choices for the Jedi Knight, Trooper, Sith Warrior and Imperial Agent... I would like to see more options for romance *even same sex romance* For the rest of them. Right now, the choices are rather limited. And in some cases.. I feel like I'm robbing the cradle. *yeah, I'm that old*

Can ya yelp out?

If it makes you feel any better, male characters have the "robbing the cradle" problem with a bunch of companions too, but for whatever reason they tend to get way more romance options. Cough.

On the plus side, once you get past Chapter 3 you do get a few more romance options available for women. I'd say they're better than most of the vanilla companions but I'm probably not the best to judge (and it's subjective anyway).

I would love it if they added new companions, romances, and class stories to the base 1-50 game but sadly they're never going to do it. :( when you get to the Shadow of Revan DLC at lv 55 though you can romance Theron Shan (or Lana Beniko if you want a s/s option) and both romances continue into the Knights of the Fallen Empire expansion.

First thing's first. Stop thinking you're robbing the cradle :p You may be old, the character is not. :p

Sadly, this is true. Even if in your head-canon your character is 40 something and you gave them wrinklyface and grey hair, in the story they start out as a young, gifted padawan, sergeant, bounty hunter, initiate, etc... Pretty much the only case where the age range of the character isn't specifically mentioned as "young" is the Smuggler, if I remember correctly. A lot of people have a problem with the romance of Nadia and Ashara because it's seen as taking advantage of a much younger person, for example. Story-wise, though, those romances take place within a year or two of you being a padawan / apprentice. You're only a year or three older than they are... because BIOWARE WILLS IT SO!!! So, if you find the relationships disturbing you've only really yourself to blame.

As for having more Love Interest choices for women, I totally agree. Women in SWTOR really got the short end of the stick comparatively speaking. Even beyond the obvious choices of being unable to romance Companions like Pierce, Zenith, etc... a lot of the more interesting storyline one shot romance opportunities were passed up by the writers. I still think it's criminal that FemTrooper didn't get to romance Jonas Balkar. That guy was awesome. Should have been a Companion, honestly.

As for having more Love Interest choices for women, I totally agree. Women in SWTOR really got the short end of the stick comparatively speaking. Even beyond the obvious choices of being unable to romance Companions like Pierce, Zenith, etc... a lot of the more interesting storyline one shot romance opportunities were passed up by the writers. I still think it's criminal that FemTrooper didn't get to romance Jonas Balkar. That guy was awesome. Should have been a Companion, honestly.

I freely admit to having rerolled a FemTrooper three times convinced I screwed up somewhere in a dialog choice because the FemTrooper didn't get a hookup fade to black like my dudeTrooper did with Jaxo. Wasn't until I finally got fed up enough to google around to find out there wasn't one.

I agree that they really dropped the ball with the one shot romances since the few I've done were not only kinda fun but also helped you flesh out your character's personality more.

I do regret not being able to romance Akaavi Spar as a female char, and I also regret that we have no age slider. I'd have to save up some CCs for that option lol.

Age sliders would not make sense with the stories as they're given to us.

"You're young still" coming from either of the starting Jedi Masters for instance wouldn't make sense if you're almost as old as they are (if not older).

Now, one can head canon their characters being older and not in the same story, but then one wonders why they can't head canon the companions being older too :p

"You're young still" coming from either of the starting Jedi Masters for instance wouldn't make sense if you're almost as old as they are (if not older).

Now, one can head canon their characters being older and not in the same story, but then one wonders why they can't head canon the companions being older too :p

Because when your padawan give you that Bambi look and start talking with a pokemon voice..your headcanon go Pouf!

lol Jk! Jk ! :D

Edited by SerraShar

heh So, same thing as you're master calling you young ;p

Hum..I don't know . I guess it really depand on the person .

My roomate is old , and she met an older person then her who called her young . And believe it or not..to someone who is younger then these 2 peoples....they are both just ''old'' . So it is a matter of perspective .

Beside Jedi are known to take young peoples , but I don't think it wasn't unheard when they found force sensitive that were older then the age recruitement they have no ?

as for a master saying 'you are young' It could mean you are young when it come to understanding the force . Young to grow a beard like mine :p Young to ask for a lightsaber right away ! ...etc...

I freely admit to having rerolled a FemTrooper three times convinced I screwed up somewhere in a dialog choice because the FemTrooper didn't get a hookup fade to black like my dudeTrooper did with Jaxo. Wasn't until I finally got fed up enough to google around to find out there wasn't one.

Jonas Balkar

Or so they say. I thought. Maybe.

Jonas Balkar

Or so they say. I thought. Maybe.

Unless there's a dialog flowchart somewhere that I've not been able to find to see where I'm missing the right combination of choices beyond 'always take the flirt', I haven't seen a fade to black with Jonas and a femtrooper. Granted I presumed there would be since my dudetrooper had with Jaxo so why wouldn't they have a fade to black point with a femtrooper and Jonas?

At this point I'm open to any suggestions as to what to do different for my femtrooper who's got a thing for SIS agents.

Unless there's a dialog flowchart somewhere that I've not been able to find to see where I'm missing the right combination of choices beyond 'always take the flirt', I haven't seen a fade to black with Jonas and a femtrooper. Granted I presumed there would be since my dudetrooper had with Jaxo so why wouldn't they have a fade to black point with a femtrooper and Jonas?

At this point I'm open to any suggestions as to what to do different for my femtrooper who's got a thing for SIS agents.

OK, well, I never actually pursued the JB thing on mine, so ...

And if you have a thing for SIS agents, I think you're stuck with Shoulder Boy.

OK, well, I never actually pursued the JB thing on mine, so ...

For my femtrooper, I do have planned for her to end up with him. Also have an Inquisitor I think I'm going to have hook up with him too just to see how the star crossed thing plays out.

I can't be the only one who wants a canon romance with Arcann...

Others around the forums have asked for this (and one for Vaylin) and I'm seriously trying to understand the reasoning for it. I just can't shake the point of he was part of what trashed what your character had built up over years and even with many of my characters being really big on second chances and redemption, the 'destroyed everything you had and tried to kill you multiple times' is kinda a dealbreaker to say the least.

It wouldn't be a char creation option, only an appearance designer option, and only for peeps who want to RP, and make their own canon to accommodate that. :)

Edited by sentientomega

It wouldn't be a char creation option, only an appearance designer option, and only for peeps who want to RP, and make their own canon. :p

I get that. :p My comment was purely for those who talk of the actual class story as if their character is old. Totally different head canon than the story given, is a totally different thing, but in head canon territory, one can change anything, so why worry about what is, then? :p

To the ones asking about Jonas Balkar (sp?), I'd only run one Trooper and kept her faithful to Jorgan, never flirting with anyone else. So, a thought I have is, maybe clicking on him in a mission and see what happens? I know my smuggler gets a fade to black scene with a twi'lek that I missed the first time around, because I never thought to click on him at the end of the story line.

LOL. I love Theron and all, but whenever you get one of those long shots of him standing there I think to myself, "Damn, Theron. The 80's called and they want their shoulder pads back."

His coat is kind of ridiculous*. Why the shoulder pads? Why is it so short? Why can't Bioware make normal looking clothes?

*ETA: On the males. On the females those shoulders are not nearly as prominent and the jacket looks pretty nice.

Edited by AngFour

I get that. :p My comment was purely for those who talk of the actual class story as if their character is old. Totally different head canon than the story given, is a totally different thing, but in head canon territory, one can change anything, so why worry about what is, then? :p

Oh yes, quite, our chars are mere babes in arms, class story-wise. :p

I'm sure I've mentioned Akaavi here, she'd be my number one choice. :3

Darth Acina, definitely. :)

Basically, any mature-aged complicated person, or younger amazon with a strong sense of natural justice. :p

Oh, and a pity that BBA info broker contact, Domi Omus, can't be flirted with; I've never been keen on the younger flirty broker...

LOL. I love Theron and all, but whenever you get one of those long shots of him standing there I think to myself, "Damn, Theron. The 80's called and they want their shoulder pads back."

His coat is kind of ridiculous*. Why the shoulder pads? Why is it so short? Why can't Bioware make normal looking clothes?

*ETA: On the males. On the females those shoulders are not nearly as prominent and the jacket looks pretty nice.

Because, Star Wars is so 80's! :p

My Trooper took all Jonas flirts but there's never a fade to black, iirc. There's plenty flirting and even a mock proposal but never anything serious unfortunately.

Female smuggler on the other hand.. now she gets to have some fun lol. Still only gets Corso as a proper LI, until Theron enters the picture but in the mean time she'll jump on any alien she meets.

My personal choices for a 2nd official LI during the original class stories, just like men have 2 options;

- JK, Lord Scourge

- JC, Zenith

- Smuggler, .. the only human male is Corso so..Unless you're into hairballs. Maybe the Voss guy.

- Trooper, Jonas Balkar even if he never became a companion.

- SW, Pierce

- SI, really struggling to recall a male from the story line aside from Andronikos.. my heart says Darth Marr ;)

- IA, odd one perhaps but Chance, if you let him live.

- BH, I would have liked Gault as alternative.. yeah back off Hylo. :p

Yeah, this is just from a straight female's POV. I'd be okay with some female LI options too though like Risha and Jaxo.