Game Update 5.4a

EricMusco

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surely emailing everyone who was on at the time of the servers having the issues should be entitled to a code or CC for the compensation.

i didn't get to go on. I started logging in AFTER the game went down. there are a LOT of people affected by this outage that weren't online in the morning and tried to log in later. they should just either mail the codes to all the active subscribers, and/or - post the reusable code here.

Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

IT IS worse. By the way, it doesnt rain at all in German and French forums.

We DO NOT care about codes. We're caring about playing ...

1) it remains to be seen if we are compensated for this. NO.. the codes are not compensation, they are distraction entertainment.

2) Yes it is their job to deliver a trouble free service. But any person with an ounce of sense knows that with complex code bases like what is required for an MMO IS NOT SIMPLE, and @#$% does happens sometimes. In fact such code bases, particularly when maintained by different people over the years (and only the force knows how well it was coded and commented to begin with) are notoriously troublesome. Why? Because changing one thing can in fact cause unintended effects elsewhere in the game. There is really NO way to properly regression test an MMO because so much of what takes place is interactively triggered by players.. thousands and thousands of players.

Get back to me when they in fact fail on every patch (and no.. not talking bugs, talking actual server stability and in game functionality actually functioning correctly).

hmmm let me think of a anwser....oo...I don't know....a real PTR where everyone can log in at any time and check it...like other companies do

GIVE THE SUBS 1000 FREE CC !!! how hard can it be... its simple coding that wont cost you anything but will get people something in return for their lost time..... win-win.... If you cant even see the logic in that, well what the he.l am i paying for ?

The only way is provide codes which can be used BY EVERYONE ONCES per account. This codes are stop working when swtor gets online (so that those players who come to play swtor right after it turns on could not use them since they weren't trying to log in anyway). Or just give CC to everyone who tired to log in during swtor's dead period

• Dev Post

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Thanks for the update and hope it gets solved sooner. Since this is already taken almost all afternoon for EU players can we expect an increase in the CXP event by a day?

We of the EU player base are at the bottom of their care list. Their priority is the U.S. player base; I expect they will have the game back up and running by 6pm-7pm EST (which is 11pm-midnight BST) so anyone in Britain who planned a raid night or group anything is effed. Players elsewhere in Europe have probably already given up.

All we will get is a "thank you for your patience" even though this has removed game time for us twice this week by patches going wrong.

Edited by Sarova

First, make sure you have checked my most recent status update here.

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

That you even need to ask that question shows just how woefully out of touch with the playerbase you/Bioware are.

And I still bet you haven't yet started to grasp that.

All The Best

Second, I apologize if the codes are rubbing people the wrong way. They are not meant to be any kind of compensation for downtime or anything like that. Merely, we are all sitting here on the forums waiting for the issue to get resolved. In the past we have done something similar as a way for people get some bonus stuff for free while they wait. Everyone is not going to get them, but it could be a nice bonus if you do.

The first batch of 15 codes was not the "rain,' that was just the start. Normally I continually do posts like that the entire time we are down but I don't want to be pouring salt in the wound either. Tell me your feeling on this, do you want me to continue putting out codes while we are down? Or is it just making it worse?

-eric

You are making it worse. You are not just pouring salt on the wound, you are squeezing lemon juice on top.

Dasty

Ok to summarize for EU people the denial of service started from 3PM and now it's 9PM...

How would it be if this was transposed to American server ?

Would they get 25 miserables single use codes ? (Meaning only 25 people chain refreshing forum get them!)

Would they flame you more than us ? We seem pretty quiet atm...

Trully :mad:

The game is offline here as well, and for the same amount of time, and it seems that the outage will take up most of prime time as well, at least. Though, you're right, the flaming is only going to get worse.

Alright, fair consensus seems to stop doing codes. I hear you on them being shareable like the Cantina code is optimal, but it isn't how they work currently. With that in mind I am going to hold off on it. Again, I apologize if people felt slighted, I only meant it is as a fun downtime killer! I will be more sensitive to that in the future.

Again, we are actively moving towards a possible fix now. We then need to test it to ensure it corrected the issues of this morning. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

It's alright. Get the game fixed and keep posting here. I appreciate the fact that you are posting regularly in this thread more than anything else to be honest.

-eric

Eric, please undertand that only a fraction of players are getting these codes, even if you pour at 1000, all players are affected. As for the reason of the patch itself, fixing an exploit, to get a stronghold you was supposed to farm for:

Guild ports are used for all sorts of situations, like getting datacrons, reaching areas with lower lvl characters and so forth.

Ain't it a flaw in the design to set up a vendor in a restricted area, instead of just charging the Umbara Currency for the stronghold? Anyways, nothing that breaks the game as hard as the CXP Flaw in dailys, that wasn't even fixed.